Mock Shooter as 'Anti-Immigration' Pro-Gun Student
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mock Shooter as 'Anti-Immigration' Pro-Gun Student

Exclamation Mock Shooter as 'Anti-Immigration' Pro-Gun Student

My primary interest in this story is that this "drill" is happening not far from where I live. I know families with kids in the school where this is happening.

Here's the story on Fox News Iowa Safety Drill Portrays Mock Shooter as 'Anti-Immigration' Pro-Gun Student

I've read through the story. On one hand I think it's probably (unfortunately) good that emergency personnell are practicing for this sort of thing and I understand WHY they need a backstory. The backstory itself however is....I'll just say disturbing for now.

I'm posting this for you all to react to it.

<commence field day>

What did you expect from today's Feds, even the DHS has been infiltrated by commie pinko's. Or do you think this goes deeper and a possible scenario for upcoming events that will be?
    Not saying ALL in Gov't are bad but this administration has aided and abetted the sedition of our Constitution and our American ways. They have planted "Their People" into leadership roles (I know, Liberals-Leadership oxymoron). They are "Fundamentally Changing" the way we are governed.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Based on those tensions, a white 18-year-old high school senior who “has been seen with anti-immigration demonstrators” and whose family “is known to be firearm enthusiasts, if not fanatics”
    Absolutely unnecessary and has no other explanation than reflecting someone's political agenda. Whoever is responsible for this should be fired.

But just as ridiculous is Larry Pratt's suggestion that "“They ought to be pushing for making it so that people who have concealed carry permits -- maybe teachers, principles, janitors -- can be armed,” Pratt told FoxNews.com. “Right now this would be a terribly inviting target because schools are -- stupidly -- a criminal-friendly zone and nobody would legally be able to protect themselves if something this horrendous were to happen.”

Someone should remind Larry Pratt that the Safeway shopping center in Casas Adobes, AZ is not a gun-free zone.

Cool

In case nobody remembers, gunowners and veterans are considered to be potential terrorists according to Homeland Security. Consequently, family members and students are probably looked on in the same manner. Guilt by association/familial relations. This is just a political indoctrination by our "government" and another step towards disarming the public. Our congress is being bypassed by the Prez to this very end. I expect any day now to hear of his fiat to confiscate all guns. Given enough indoctrination such as the exercise mentioned, people will follow the Pied Piper and turn in their guns willingly. Those that don't will become instant criminals. Wonder if they have enough of those FEMA camps to confine everybody?

We're in a culture war guys and the enemy seems to have control of all the propaganda outlets.

That said, when you get deiscouraged just rememebr the strides we are making w/ right to carry , gun ownership and Vermont carry.

Whether they like it or not we are winning
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    In case nobody remembers, gunowners and veterans are considered to be potential terrorists according to Homeland Security. Consequently, family members and students are probably looked on in the same manner. Guilt by association/familial relations. This is just a political indoctrination by our "government" and another step towards disarming the public. Our congress is being bypassed by the Prez to this very end. I expect any day now to hear of his fiat to confiscate all guns. Given enough indoctrination such as the exercise mentioned, people will follow the Pied Piper and turn in their guns willingly. Those that don't will become instant criminals. Wonder if they have enough of those FEMA camps to confine everybody?
    When it becomes illegal to own any guns, all bets will be off as to full autos and the type of rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    We're in a culture war guys and the enemy seems to have control of all the propaganda outlets.

That said, when you get deiscouraged just rememebr the strides we are making w/ right to carry , gun ownership and Vermont carry.

Whether they like it or not we are winning
    Sadly, all it takes is a 5-4 vote of the SCOTUS to cancel what we have gained back so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    What did you expect from today's Feds
    Well let me see.....THIS!?

As far as Larry Pratt's suggestion that teachers and administrators with permits be allowed to carry on school property; that's happening in Utah right now. The attorney that taught my permit class (who was from Utah) brought that up. He said they haven't had any school shootings in Utah.

Good thing that for now we seem to have the Supreme Court on our side after a few recent rulings. Even future courts are supposed to obey that precedent (no guarantee they will though).

I've found out since posting this article that the exercise was canceled as school employee's were receiving threats. That's likely too bad as I know the school well enough to know that they were probably pawns in this whole thing(more or less). It was the higher ups from elsewhere that actually set all this up; the school was just where it was happening. They're regarded as one of the "better" school districts in the area so it probably got them some kudo's for hosting.

The basic "background story" of the entire "drill" is flawed. With the exception of inter "gang" warfare, mass shootings at schools are generally of the "couple of loose screwed souls" variety rather than "vigilante, terrorist or politically motivated" incidents. One can try to "prevent" motivated mass shooters, but one cannot forsee "loose screws".

We could go into a whole lot of sociological/phychological mumbo jumbo about the kids themselves, their upbringing, their attitudes, their perception of reality, et al. (...and believe me with every incident that actually does happen, the "experts" come out in droves with their pet theories, which generally boil down to "guns = bad" observations.)

On the other hand, a simple expedient such as knocking off with the "gun free zone" fallacy, which serves no purpose other than disarming those who just might be able to reduce the body count when those unfortunate incidents DO happen (as they ALWAYS will, given the frailities of the human mind) would work wonders. Since under 18s are precluded from owning guns anyway, the students would still be required to be disarmed..... on the other hand the Teachers.... a whole different story.

Have you noticed that the largest number of "incidents" of the "loose cannon/loose screw" type are perpetrated in "gun free zones". Thus the conclusion that the perps might be crazy, but not so crazy to not realize that they can exact their revenge for whatever troubles their souls best in "gun free zones".

I have often been of the opinion that the "terrorists", acting counter the USA, for whatever pseudo Jihadist excuse, are missing the bet for maximum "fear/terror" affect by concentrating on elaborate, high profile targeting. If I wanted to "scare the crap" out of the average US citizen and make them look over their shoulder at every turn, I'd have teams of four Jihadists with a strong death wish show up at malls, shopping centers, movie theaters, sporting events with their bombs, AKs, pistollas, what have you and hit middle America where it lives. At every opportunity.

Result: Panic. Pleadings from the general sheeple for "protection" (knowing full well that not EVERY venue can be safeguarded adequately). For America it would be a turning point. The Government would undoubtedly call for a universal gun ban, thus helping the Jihadist Agenda to great extent.

On the other hand, us nasty old curmudgeons would demand that universal citizen "carry" be allowed...... and those who simply don't believe that there exists persons in the universe that do not have your individual, personal safety in mind as a condition to their own existance, will whine and cry to be "safe", as usual.

When did it happen that "civilized" citizens decided that it is the job of the Government to "take care of you", rather than the more responsible (and mature) observation that is up to the individual to be the primary responsible party for that? Isn't that "individuality" a part and parcel of freedom?

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

School shootings don't occur because they are gun free zones. They occur because that's where the student shooters have their focus or that's where the crazed other person is looking for intended targets.

These mass killers don't calculate whether someone might have a firearm on the premises. Louchner proved that. In fact, in most cases they anticipate such, if not immediately than certainly when the police show up.

We can't sway public opinion with specious arguments like the "gun free zone" myth. First because it doesn't hold water with past experience, and second because it is premised on "what if's" and the "what if's" outcomes can be equally disastrous as they can be beneficial.

Casas Adobes, AZ is not a gun-free zone. There were armed citizens there, yet none of them used their arms to stop the slaughter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast