Dictators - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dictators

I agree with some of the comments that have been made. Yes there are many out there that use the union influence to further there own cause. But as a UAW member for over 30 yrs., I can only say that I would never want to work that long on an assembly line without the Unions help. I was givin the opportunity for a comfortable life and a decent pension. Having said that, it just seems that the world is falling apart around me, and that our children and grand children won't have the same opportunities we had.
    Some years ago, most people were working, taxes were being paid & collected, and the economy was at least on an even keel. Don't even blame just the Unions for the problems we're having now ! The **sholes WE elected have cased this. Washington is more concerned with the WORLD economy than they are ours. The trade imbalance is the real culprit. Look at the labels on the stuff you use. How much of it say's MADE IN THE USA? If you shop at Walmart look for a UNION MADE label. You'll be hard pressed to find one.
    Blame the union workers if that makes you feel better,but when the manufacturing base in this country goes away, you'll see the devastation and then who will you blame?

3. The Producers= Believes in small government, individualism, hardworking, wants the best for all and will help those who can’t help themselves, just keep government accountable.

The Looters= Politicians, who enable the moocher, Steals from the producers at gun point if necessary, Self-serving elitist who are above the law, who enable the moochers for vote buying, changes the definition of words to suit their own agenda, entitlement for the moochers, Looters don’t produce a thing. Self serving

Moochers=I am deserving, Social justice, yous own me, I am entitled to someone else hard work, evil rich people, they don’t deserve, rick people are lucky, moocher are the less fortunate, Support the looters for more mooching from the producers, Mooches don’t produce a thing, self serving

Union leaders are no different than Looters, Union members are no different than Moochers, and Producers are still Producers being sucked dry for the Looters and Moochers.

Watch what they do not what they say!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    I agree with some of the comments that have been made. Yes there are many out there that use the union influence to further there own cause. But as a UAW member for over 30 yrs., I can only say that I would never want to work that long on an assembly line without the Unions help. I was givin the opportunity for a comfortable life and a decent pension. Having said that, it just seems that the world is falling apart around me, and that our children and grand children won't have the same opportunities we had.
    Some years ago, most people were working, taxes were being paid & collected, and the economy was at least on an even keel. Don't even blame just the Unions for the problems we're having now ! The **sholes WE elected have cased this. Washington is more concerned with the WORLD economy than they are ours. The trade imbalance is the real culprit. Look at the labels on the stuff you use. How much of it say's MADE IN THE USA? If you shop at Walmart look for a UNION MADE label. You'll be hard pressed to find one.
    Blame the union workers if that makes you feel better,but when the manufacturing base in this country goes away, you'll see the devastation and then who will you blame?
    When I made my statements, I should have clarified. I have nothing against union members per se. Its the union leadership I take issue with.

I will admit that I don't care if there's a "union made" label on the items I buy. Like the majority of Americans, I want the items I purchase to cost less and last longer. I really don't care where they are made as long as I get it for a price I can afford, and it won't fall apart in a week. And don't try to sell me on the idea that union made items are superior. Just because the worker is being paid X number of dollars an hour more and has a better benefit and retirement package doesn't make my item better quality. That is a result of the company's QC department, not the union. What really drives the world is capitalism. Even in other countries. Do you think the gov't of China really cares if its people are all employed? I doubt it. They want the almighty dollar (or whatever the chinese equivilent is).

If Americans really cared about where items were made, companies like Wal mart would stock American-made products because people wouldn't buy stuff made elsewhere.

Unions had their place. I won't deny that. Up until the 30's when unions really gained traction, working conditions in this country were horrible. Now, the laws protect the worker better than they did in the past. Those laws have rendered the unions obsolete, in most cases. Now they exist only to line the pockets of the union leadership.

Remember, a vote for Lakeland Man is a vote for freedom, both from government oppression as well as union oppression. Thank you and let's win this one for.....Oops, sorry. Thought I was running for office for a moment.

Again I do agree with some of what you say. Yes we as Americans are spoiled & we won't be denied the right to buy what we want. But really, do we need dozens of companies selling the same products? Competition is great, it weeds out the weak. But do we really need 25 different brands of toothpaste? Do we really need to subsidize the Gov. of South American countries to grow fruit for us when it's not native? I can remember when I was a kid, oranges were only available for about 3 months a year. We all knew that & didn't complain. Now you can buy anything you want anytime of the year for a price. Don't see how that really helps our economy. Someone makes a killing on this, but where is the benefit to the average Joe?
    Same thing goes for cars. Before WW2, only a small # of cars on the road here were imports. Now we're flooded with them. And when we started to loose market share to them the Fat Cats in D.C. stepped up a & made it harder for the manufacturers to import their vehicles. So they in turn decided to start making them here in non-union plants in the South. And of course the people down there said "Hell yes, I'll work there for $8 an hour. Better than digging for coal or growing cotton ". So then the BIG 3 were forced to play by their rules & cut our benefits and pay to be competitive with the transplants. Was that fair? Ask the people in the Toyota plant in Kali. who were told ' Bye, we're done here, and just shut down the plant & walked away. Unions still have a place in this country, like it or not !

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Again I do agree with some of what you say. Yes we as Americans are spoiled & we won't be denied the right to buy what we want. But really, do we need dozens of companies selling the same products? Competition is great, it weeds out the weak. But do we really need 25 different brands of toothpaste? Do we really need to subsidize the Gov. of South American countries to grow fruit for us when it's not native? I can remember when I was a kid, oranges were only available for about 3 months a year. We all knew that & didn't complain. Now you can buy anything you want anytime of the year for a price. Don't see how that really helps our economy. Someone makes a killing on this, but where is the benefit to the average Joe?
    Same thing goes for cars. Before WW2, only a small # of cars on the road here were imports. Now we're flooded with them. And when we started to loose market share to them the Fat Cats in D.C. stepped up a & made it harder for the manufacturers to import their vehicles. So they in turn decided to start making them here in non-union plants in the South. And of course the people down there said "Hell yes, I'll work there for $8 an hour. Better than digging for coal or growing cotton ". So then the BIG 3 were forced to play by their rules & cut our benefits and pay to be competitive with the transplants. Was that fair? Ask the people in the Toyota plant in Kali. who were told ' Bye, we're done here, and just shut down the plant & walked away. Unions still have a place in this country, like it or not !
    GM, Chrysler, and Ford can do the same thing. Look how many auto makers have just closed up and shut down their factories. As far as the wages go, $8/hr is a myth just like $70/hr in the north. Average wages in 2007 were $28 for UAW members at the big 3 vs $20-$26 at the non-union plants in the South.
    It is in the Benifits and Retirement that jack the UAW workers TC/E up into the higher figures.

But then what's the source of that $70 hourly figure? It didn't come out of thin air. Analysts came up with it by including the cost of all employer-provided benefits--namely, health insurance and pensions--and then dividing by the number of workers. The result, they found, was that benefits for Big Three cost about $42 per hour, per employee. Add that to the wages--again, $28 per hour--and you get the $70 figure. Voila.
    That $42 includes paying for the retirees. Autoworkers Making $70 An Hour? Not Really - CBS News

Ours was always figured at about double our wages so $28 average for them would be closer to $50/hr.

7. Olin Moves Winchester Operations from Illinois to Mississippi
    Olin Corp. (NYSE: OLN) has announced that its Winchester centerfire operations and approximately 1,000 jobs will be relocated to Oxford, Mississippi (Lafayette County). The company’s decision follows two failed ratification votes by members of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, in which employees twice rejected a union proposal that would have allowed Centerfire Operations to remain in East Alton, Illinois. The company informed the unions in August that it was considering relocating operations to Oxford to enhance the competitiveness of its operations. The company engaged in discussions with union leaders over the past two months, but Olin’s final offers were rejected, so Olin decided to move its operations down South.

Olin’s relocation decision was influenced by an incentive package offered by Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour. According to Business Week, the Mississippi State Development Authority will give Lafayette County $25,000,000 “to build a new 500,000-square-foot building for Olin.” The new publicly-owned Olin plant will be built near the current Winchester facility in Oxford. Lafayette County is also “providing the site and site preparation work.” CLICK HERE for more details from Business Week.

The Looters, the fat cats Leaders of the Unions screw the workers again. Some people will never get it.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12