28 Things Wrong With Our Nation

Thread: 28 Things Wrong With Our Nation

28 Things Wrong With Our Nation

A List Of 28 Things That Will Make You Think That There Is Something Seriously Wrong With This Country

What in the world is happening to America?

Our economy is crumbling, our politicians are incompetent, we have just gotten involved in another war, corruption is everywhere and the Americans people are so addicted to entertainment that hardly anything can wake them from their stupor.

A List Of 28 Things That Will Make You Think That There Is Something Seriously Wrong With This Country

"All our lauded technology, our very civilization, is like the axe in the hand of the pathological criminal" ----Albert Einstein

One of our problems is the power we allow radical special interest groups to have. If we allow technology and capitalism to work, shrink government and stop this class warfare, big things could happen. We haven't built a new oil refinery in nearly thirty years because of radical special interest. We can't drill for oil because of radical special interest. We can't build nuclear power plants because of radical special interest. We can't cut trees because of radical special interest. We can't build dams for power generation because of radical special interest. And who do these radical special interest groups support for political office? Progressive liberal politicians, which we the people keep re-electing. Change isn't going to happen any time soon.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

It's called digging one's own grave.

I believe it was Desraeli who observed: "Sometimes a Naton gets exactly the Government it deserves." In a Nation where the majority usually gets it's way...... I suggest this observation is coming true for us.

Too bad, it was a good Country while it lasted.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Gunny/ 52

Roger that.
    I'm not giving up.

Unfortunately "class warfare" is what the human race is all about. (social classes defined by money and geneology, and religious classes)

I remember an old saying:
    "GOD didn't put you here to make you happy. HE put you here. Go make yourself happy."

"Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness"

I apply that to everything in my life. I must do what I can to improve the quality of life for everyone.

Pragmatically speaking, I don't expect to see the American society of the 1950s again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Pragmatically speaking, I don't expect to see the American society of the 1950s again.
    And I wouldn't want to.

Most of us suffer "normalcy bias" to one degree or another... the HOPE and resulting ACTIONS that all will get back to "the way it used to be" or "this is just a cycle that will pass". The point of no return has been gained and the resulting societal shakeout will be very ugly. If numbers 25 - 28 can be remedied and reversed IMMEDIATELY we could have a chance but then we'll be back to what Gordon Shumway states above - class warfare - which of course, at this stage of the game will become very ugly. My .02...
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley