What's The Worst That Could Happen - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's The Worst That Could Happen

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    But somehow it's ok to slam Islam on this forum because people don't think it's gangsta enough.
    I have never offered an opinion one way or the other on Islam anywhere on this forum
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

JSDinTexas Guest
    My Glock does not run on electricity.

Well if that is Ra's plan then so it shall be.

It is just a matter of time before it hits and disrupts power again like it did in 1989 for the east coast of USA and most of Canada.
    This actually happened in Quebec on March 13, 1989, when a geomagnetic storm much less severe than the Carrington Event knocked out power across the entire province for more than nine hours. The storm damaged transformers in Quebec, New Jersey, and Great Britain, and caused more than 200 power anomalies across the USA from the eastern seaboard to the Pacific Northwest. A similar series of "Halloween storms" in October 2003 triggered a regional blackout in southern Sweden and may have damaged transformers in South Africa.
    You can vist this link for more info on it and what the USA has done to prepare for it happening again Solar Shield--Protecting the North American Power Grid - NASA Science

But I am sure most people over 35 know how to get by without power. In my 32 years I have seen Tv's go from 22 channels to now over 500 and the Tv's themselves get bigger and lighter then they where when I was 7. And I still have board games and a deck of cards to keep me entertained. And as jsdinTexas said Glocks don't run on electricity.

5. The worst? Obama and his purchased, I mean loyal, Democrats still trying to destroy, oops I mean govern, our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Well if that is Ra's plan then so it shall be.

You can vist this link for more info on it and what the USA has done to prepare for it happening again Solar Shield--Protecting the North American Power Grid - NASA Science

But I am sure most people over 35 know how to get by without power. In my 32 years I have seen Tv's go from 22 channels to now over 500 and the Tv's themselves get bigger and lighter then they where when I was 7. And I still have board games and a deck of cards to keep me entertained. And as jsdinTexas said Glocks don't run on electricity.
    TVs have more than 1 channel? Neither do 1911s need power.

As far as no commercial power, That's what the generators are for. Lived off of them for over a month before.

WORST that can happen? In this "Armageddon Scenario"? ....... all the electricity dies off. End game? Millions of squabbling little "survivalists" kill each other off trying to grab the residual goodies. Reducing the Earth's population by a few Billion. Thereby solving the real root cause of much of man's unrest.

The gene pool would be weaned toward the strongest (Maybe most brutish!?) once again and the survivors would rebuild, over years. (Provided they could check their "survival at any cost" instincts to a sustainable level.) Doesn't sound TOO bad to me. (Of course, I wouldn't survive the weaning process.... but, what the hey, I've had a pretty good run of it. Don't mean nothin' at this point.)

Now that we have defused THAT little "problem"..... let's worry about that rogue asteroid that the Gods are going to toss at us to rectify their failed experiment at intelligent life.... on this planet, at least. LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

8. Brabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    WORST that can happen? In this "Armageddon Scenario"? ....... all the electricity dies off. End game? Millions of squabbling little "survivalists" kill each other off trying to grab the residual goodies. Reducing the Earth's population by a few Billion. Thereby solving the real root cause of much of man's unrest.

The gene pool would be weaned toward the strongest (Maybe most brutish!?) once again and the survivors would rebuild, over years. (Provided they could check their "survival at any cost" instincts to a sustainable level.) Doesn't sound TOO bad to me. (Of course, I wouldn't survive the weaning process.... but, what the hey, I've had a pretty good run of it. Don't mean nothin' at this point.)

Now that we have defused THAT little "problem"..... let's worry about that rogue asteroid that the Gods are going to toss at us to rectify their failed experiment at intelligent life.... on this planet, at least. LOL!

GG
    That's the spirit, Gunny! And I do think electric is the least problem facing us.

9. I like the fact that we are looking at this as adults........
    Well at least the nonelectric guns works, now how will I power my DILLON AERO, CRAP ON A STICK!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123