Here is the letter I sent to politicians on both sides today!

Thread: Here is the letter I sent to politicians on both sides today!

Exclamation Here is the letter I sent to politicians on both sides today!

Sir,
    In the event of a protracted Government shutdown, My family and I will
    lose our home if VA pensions or Military retirement is harmed in any way.
    This is an inexcusable folly on the part of both the Democrats and the
    Republicans.
    It is my sincere wish that you could all get along but apparently the
    childish whims of both sides prevent closure on this matter.
    Please stop over-extending our already weakening economy by spending
    money we do not have on Obama Care. It is a laughingstock that over 1000
    companies have applied for and been given waivers for something that
    obviously does not work as intended.
    Please stop spending military funding on illegal war actions in a
    country that has in the past 50 years has never been a friend to America
    and if the Al Qaeda fighters helping the rebels have their way, never will.
    Here is the bottom line, make the hard Reagan type decisions to fix the
    economy by lowering taxes on businesses and corporations. Put in place a
    flat 10% tax on every person in the USA. Close the borders from illegal
    entry by any means necessary and enforce the laws we already have.

Sincerely,
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Cool

FESTUS: Good letter but it will probably wind up in the round file. Nothing in this government is going to change unless we can change the administration in 2012. Let Obama go to the Middle East and become the head of the Muslims and leave us alone. He can take all of his henchmen with him since they all seem to have the same leanings. Wouldn't it be nice to have a president who isn't always undermining the country while praising all others? Oh well, it is nice to dream!!

4. Nice try Festus…..But these sorry ass SOB couldn’t give to hoots about your concerns. You need the hit them where it hurts…like their pocket book… Making sure they understand that you and all the people know are proactive in voting their sorry asses out every chance you can.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

5. Here is the letter I routinely send to politicians and candidates all of it or parts of it have been posted in other forms on the forums. It is pretty confrontive and since it requests that politicians change before instituting change for its citizens, I usually don't get a response. But I believe we need to keep hammering away at elected officials and then vote them out if they don't uphold conservative values.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I believe that many conservatives are looking for the following changes in the federal government:

• Fundamentally transform congress by passing a 2 consecutive term limit for senators and representatives before they become eligible to again run for public office. Senators and representatives have become so arrogant and pompous that they have lost touch with the American people. They need to be periodically returned to private life to regain perspective.
    • Fundamentally transform congress by repeal of the 17th amendment--taxation without representation, as evidenced by the passage of Obama’s health care agenda, would not be taking place if senators were again appointed by the state legislatures as intended by the Founding Fathers
    • Fundamentally transform congress by passage of a 28th amendment to the constitution which would state that “Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does no apply equally to the Senators and Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States. Passage of this amendment shall render all previous such exemptions null and void immediately”.
    • Fundamentally transform congress by prohibiting senators and representatives from having a higher salary than the highest ranking non-commissioned officer in our military services. Certainly senators and representatives don’t think they deserve a higher salary than our military men and women who are putting themselves in harm’s way!
    • Fundamentally transform congress by prohibiting senators and representatives from drawing a congressional retirement unless they have a minimum of 20 years of service. Senators and representatives love to say that they are “serving their country”. They draw over $100,000 not including other benefits often unavailable to the general public----that is not service, that is extortion.
    • Fundamentally transform congress by requiring that their only tax payer funded health care be provided by Veterans Administration Hospitals and clinics.
    • Fundamentally transform the pay and benefits of Federal employees by adjusting their salary scale on an annual basis to prohibit any government worker’s salary from being higher than the national average income. Senators and representatives claim that they want to do what is right for this country but refuse to tie the financial stability of federal employees to the financial stability of the average American whom they were appointed to serve.
    • Fundamentally transform the nation’s economy by repeal of Section 1 of the 14th amendment which automatically grants citizenship to children of undocumented people. That amendment was passed in 1868 to protect the children of emancipated slaves. Did senators and representatives fail to get word that the Civil War ended?
    • Fundamentally transform the economy by repeal of the 16th amendment and abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service. Many Americans have made repeated requests for a flat tax or some other vastly simplified tax system.
    • Fundamentally transform the national defense by securing the borders to significantly reduce illegal immigration and to better protect against terrorism and drug related violence
    • Fundamentally transform the security of the nation by establishment of English as the official language of this country
    • Fundamentally transform the nation’s security by withdrawal of this country from the United Nations----American citizens have not elected members to the United Nations and that organization does not represent the interests of the United States or the citizens of this country. Conservatives have voted to have less intrusion by congress-----any politician with common sense knows that we don’t want to expand that intrusiveness to a global level.
    • Fundamentally transform the economy by passage of a constitutional amendment requiring a balanced budget
    • Fundamentally transform our national sovereignty by passage of legislation which puts the full weight and force of the United States government behind the development of alternative fuels in order to make this nation energy self-sufficient, including nuclear power, natural gas, and coal to oil technology
    • Fundamentally transform the economy by phasing out social security for all U.S. citizens under the age of 50 in favor of an employee owned private retirement fund, with every person being required to contribute a minimum of 10% of their gross income each year of employment
    • Fundamentally transform the nation’s economy and security by elimination of the Department of Education with responsibility for education being turned back over to the states. This is another great way to reduce the size of the federal government and more closely mirrors the original intent of the founding fathers.
    • Fundamentally transform our national sovereignty and economy by pursuit of a Swiss style diplomacy with gradual withdrawal of our troops from most foreign bases as the U.S. becomes energy independent, with all savings to be directed to on-going strengthening of our military and homeland security. Adopt a “mind our own business” foreign policy. If that is such a bad style of diplomacy, why are the Swiss able to serve as the world's banker?
    • End legalized abortion. A country that kills the most vulnerable cannot continue to prosper.

You see, when politicians speak about the need for sacrifice in order to make changes, they are talking about sacrifices that me and my fellow Americans need to make, certainly not cleaning up their own mess and returning to the original intent of our Founding Fathers. Conservative Americans are sick of it. Start by fixing congress and the Federal government.

Nothing is going to change in Washington DC until we the people stop re-electing the cause. Change has to start with our representatives and go all the way to the top. Why do people insist on doing the same thing and expecting a different out come? Stop voting just because someone has a D or R after their name and make them accountable. Ok I feel better.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan