With a Govt' shutdown looming...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: With a Govt' shutdown looming...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Exclamation With a Govt' shutdown looming...

    Here is what we know.
    1. It is not so much if but when the Govt' shuts down at this point followed by how long and how much???
    2. The office of the president is demonstrating his power over the people with the threat of vetoing any bill that comes across his desk.
    3. The largest Govt' program out there is WELFARE.
    4. A vast majority of welfare recipients are just that due to the inability to perform a day's labor for a day's wage.
    5. When the welfare people miss their check during a protracted Govt' shutdown they will do what they have been taught by the school of hard knocks.
    6. When the area in the immediate vicinity has nothing left to offer they will move on like locusts to the next area to victimize.
    7. If this shutdown lasts for an extended period you will see the collapse of society from the inside out and lawlessness will quickly rule the land.
    8. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS TURN OF EVENTS?
    9. Suggested reading Letter Re: A Veteran Policeman's Observations on The Golden Horde - SurvivalBlog.com
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  2.   
  3. #2
    Festus, you're spreading FUD. Our military psyops folks could use your expertise.


    3X PM

  4. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Here is what we know.
    1. It is not so much if but when the Govt' shuts down at this point followed by how long and how much???
    2. The office of the president is demonstrating his power over the people with the threat of vetoing any bill that comes across his desk.
    3. The largest Govt' program out there is WELFARE.
    4. A vast majority of welfare recipients are just that due to the inability to perform a day's labor for a day's wage.
    5. When the welfare people miss their check during a protracted Govt' shutdown they will do what they have been taught by the school of hard knocks.
    6. When the area in the immediate vicinity has nothing left to offer they will move on like locusts to the next area to victimize.
    7. If this shutdown lasts for an extended period you will see the collapse of society from the inside out and lawlessness will quickly rule the land.
    8. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS TURN OF EVENTS?
    9. Suggested reading Letter Re: A Veteran Policeman's Observations on The Golden Horde - SurvivalBlog.com
    I canít wait until it shuts down. Exception would be paying the Military. Those teat sucking government workers should get a taste at what the private sector worker goes through. I wonder if old Barry will still get his ? No big deal just another political maneuver. Barry is hoping it will shut down knowing the state controlled media will support his extrtemist ways.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    123
    The bad thing is the Congress and President still get paid even if no one else does! now isn't that just a bite in the ass?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Festus, you're spreading FUD. Our military psyops folks could use your expertise.
    Not FUD just a realistic look at the future based on the models of every other country that came under Sharia law for the past 60 years. The entitlements stop, the poor become desperately poor and the rich masters profit from the misery of the masses...Look at Somalia, Kenya, Sudan, the Philippines, shall I go on? All of those countries could have had a fighting chance at being something if developed and educated in a free market system but instead suffered at the hands of Sharia law and it's unfair freedom crushing influence. If we do not turn from the path we are on we will be forced under Sharia law as well...we already have Muslims in places of power and authority (DHS just under big sis) placed there by Big O himself...ask your self why?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  7. #6
    JSDinTexas Guest
    Hello Festus, glad to see you're still out and about. I won't get into this thread but just wanted to say hi.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Just try the shut down for one day, do our congressmen/women get paid if we shut down???

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Just try the shut down for one day, do our congressmen/women get paid if we shut down???
    Yes they do but there will be no shutdown.

  10. #9
    There wasn't a shutdown. I predicted that this morning :p If there had been a shutdown, Congreess says they would have given up "part" of there 170k+ yearly salary.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    ... there will be no shutdown.
    Yep, extended for another week. Like S&W645, I'll be very surprised if we see a government shutdown in the year prior to a presidential election...even though it's been proven time and time again the voting public demonstrates short memories. Look at how difficult it is to get our folks motivated to support 2A advocates if it's been more than a few months since 2A was on the front burner and making headlines.

    Be that as it may, with neither political party being able to definitively determine who'll get blamed at the polls for a 2011 shutdown, they both are resolved to avoid one. And we know it's as much about politicians wanting to keep their jobs as it is about fiscal ideology.


    3X PM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast