My horrendous trip to NY - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My horrendous trip to NY

1. I would try the Second Amendment Foundation first over the NRA.

Second Amendment Foundation Online
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

3. PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by AngellXP View Post
    wish it did... unfortunately I cannot legally posses it in NY at all... Not because I am a felon or criminal(at least I wasn't) but because I am not properly registered/licensed in the county/state...

There are rare circumstances in which you may posses your gun in NYS. These include when competing in a sanctioned event or when attending a course in the instruction of small arms. But these rules apply to NYS and NYC has codified into state penal law that the exemptions may not apply. In order to pass through NYC (even for a NYS resident) one must have prior written permission from commissioner of police, and then you may only pass through and must keep moving until you're out of the city. Your defense will depend on why you entered NYC with a gun. Were you passing through to another state? Were you headed upstate for competition or training? It's a B.S. law and even affects the rest of the state residents who have a permit. NYC won't even recognize our permits.

I would try calling Congressman maurice Hinchey. Although a Democrat he gets a "c" rating from the NRA. He was busted at the same airport carrying his handgun yet was able to defend his position successfully. Perhaps he could provide some insight on how to approach this. I'm sorry for you.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

you'll probably get 2 years in jail.why is it so important to carry your gun when you travel.who do you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    "you can tell us all the rest of us all the"... Huh?

Anyway... The laws in NY regarding firearms and the transportation and possession of them are unconstitutional at best. They were put in place by GUN NAZI's to make citizens like the original poster, who has served his country honorably and has taken the Oath to defend the Constitution, feel like criminals simply because they choose to own firearms.
    All the anti gun, rights trampling idiots and the people who support them... Not sure who is really to blame...

CAROLYN MCCARTHY
    MICHAEL BLOOMBERG
    MICHELLE SCHIMEL
    AMY PAULIN
    NOGODS...

I do think, quite regularly... I think you love the laws and feel safer. It gives you that feeling of control. I could almost see you and Bloomberg hammering out the plan for full US disarmament as long as you keep the right for yourself... The Amendment was written simply to save itself from the interpretation of fools who would attempt to infringe upon the right... And here we have a case in point. Unlike you I do think. It is the opposite of what you think. That makes it scary for you... I wonder how many others think the same way? Or have we had this discourse in the past? Keep defending the laws... It is your livelihood is it not...
    So you now want to be the judge, jury, and legislator of one.

How nice of you to offer, but I think the majority of citizens will pass on that offer.

But hey, we'll be happy to let you participate as a member of our society when you are ready to give up the ego and learn to function in a group of people with diverse interests and goals.

In the meantime just keep living in that fantasy land that lets you think you are the law of the land.

It is bad that states like New York and New Jersey have laws that can be interpreted in a variety of ways that can make a law abiding person a criminal based on one's interpretation of a law. It is worse that one has to spend thousands of dollars in legal fees to try to rectify the situation. These types of laws do not protect the individual, they instead set up the individual for problems and criminalize them, all in the name of keeping guns out of the particular state, but still claiming to have laws to protect the freedoms of the citizens in that state.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any restrictions. I'm just saying to write laws that people and authorities can understand and interpret clearly. Accepting the notion that the port authority police will arrest you because you don't have a New York carry permit is basically a cop-out which tramples on one's rights, at least per Federal law. Don't limit things by telling me what I can't do legally, tell me what I can do as well. I can take the high road, but the authorities need to be fair and realistic by providing a clear definition of what the high road is.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    So you now want to be the judge, jury, and legislator of one.
    Where in my post did you extract that? It would be nice if the residents of NY had the balls to clean house and remove the criminals that run the state and the city, stampeding on rights... Instead they continue to elect them. Perhaps the liberal brainwashing has had some adverse effects...

How nice of you to offer, but I think the majority of citizens will pass on that offer.
    Wow, it seems you have decided to elect yourself the voice of the people and advise me on my tactics... I'll take advice from someone who would be willing to fight tyranny not advocate its necessity...

But hey, we'll be happy to let you participate as a member of our society when you are ready to give up the ego and learn to function in a group of people with diverse interests and goals.
    Your society? You take ownership of that cesspool of liberalism? You seem to have assumed the role of mouthpiece... I'll never give up any ego, It is what makes me an individual. I'll never shoulder the yoke of the liberal collective... Sheep...

In the meantime just keep living in that fantasy land that lets you think you are the law of the land.
    As soon as you begin to believe that you can't make a difference, the fight has gone out of you and you become complacent and beaten... I'll never allow it... Believing the fight can be won and having the willingness to stay in it is what makes the battle winnable... Fall in and be assimilated... Nah, I'll pass...

If I and other gun owners, sit back and allow people like you to advocate reasonable restrictions and rationalize how gun control works and how the 2nd Amendment needs to be interpreted and defined by liberal judges that have no love or acceptance of the amendment and what it means... The right will no longer exist... Period... Gun bans. Then what? Would you fight if it came to that? I recall I've asked that question in the past and I still have not gotten an answer... Friend of the 2nd Amendment or foe?

No I'd rather not be a member of your society... I'll remain unswayed....
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    It is bad that states like New York and New Jersey have laws that can be interpreted in a variety of ways that can make a law abiding person a criminal based on one's interpretation of a law. It is worse that one has to spend thousands of dollars in legal fees to try to rectify the situation. These types of laws do not protect the individual, they instead set up the individual for problems and criminalize them, all in the name of keeping guns out of the particular state, but still claiming to have laws to protect the freedoms of the citizens in that state.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any restrictions. I'm just saying to write laws that people and authorities can understand and interpret clearly. Accepting the notion that the port authority police will arrest you because you don't have a New York carry permit is basically a cop-out which tramples on one's rights, at least per Federal law. Don't limit things by telling me what I can't do legally, tell me what I can do as well. I can take the high road, but the authorities need to be fair and realistic by providing a clear definition of what the high road is.
    When the basic right is being attacked by elected officials who have a clearly stated goal to eradicate the right and criminalize any individual who attempts to exercise it, what would you expect? They will never make restrictions fair and reasonable. That is why the amendment was written in such a manner. Shall not be infringed... Bloomberg's across state lines stunts are evidence of that... I blame the voters who keep them in power... The nature of man to meddle in the affairs of free men and rule over the masses...

The New York City cesspool is it's own worst nightmare. The area considered NYC and the liberals in Albany have had this state ruined long before I was born. As someone that lives in the north west of NY state I vote against the idiots in office. I pray regularly that the city annexes from the state and becomes independent. The city and Albany consider citizens criminals and criminals and welfare scum good voters. I am sorry for your troubles and wish you the best of luck. There is a reason that most of the state residents have never been to the city. For the record upstate has the balls to vote out the liberal scumbags in office but we don't have the numbers because downstate loves them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew14559 View Post
    The New York City cesspool is it's own worst nightmare. The area considered NYC and the liberals in Albany have had this state ruined long before I was born. As someone that lives in the north west of NY state I vote against the idiots in office. I pray regularly that the city annexes from the state and becomes independent. The city and Albany consider citizens criminals and criminals and welfare scum good voters. I am sorry for your troubles and wish you the best of luck. There is a reason that most of the state residents have never been to the city. For the record upstate has the balls to vote out the liberal scumbags in office but we don't have the numbers because downstate loves them.
    Keep up the fight... Never allow yourself to be beaten. The liberal scum is the enemy of freedom and liberty... I fight the same fight here..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast