My horrendous trip to NY - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 87

Thread: My horrendous trip to NY

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    One more reason why I will never spend another dime on a trip to NY, Best of Luck, Get a good attorney.

  2.   
  3. #32
    I can only imagine the illegal arrests that will occur in NY & NJ if HR822 passes & becomes law
    My gun is like an adult diaper, I wear it daily & no one has to know, until the day "crap happens"

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    It would be nice if the residents of NY had the balls to clean house and remove the criminals that run the state and the city, stampeding on rights... Instead they continue to elect them. Perhaps the liberal brainwashing has had some adverse effects...

    Wow, it seems you have decided to elect yourself the voice of the people and advise me on my tactics... I'll take advice from someone who would be willing to fight tyranny not advocate its necessity...

    Your society? You take ownership of that cesspool of liberalism? You seem to have assumed the role of mouthpiece... I'll never give up any ego, It is what makes me an individual. I'll never shoulder the yoke of the liberal collective... Sheep...

    If I and other gun owners, sit back and allow people like you to advocate reasonable restrictions and rationalize how gun control works and how the 2nd Amendment needs to be interpreted and defined by liberal judges that have no love or acceptance of the amendment and what it means... The right will no longer exist... Period... Gun bans. Then what? Would you fight if it came to that? I recall I've asked that question in the past and I still have not gotten an answer... Friend of the 2nd Amendment or foe?

    No I'd rather not be a member of your society... I'll remain unswayed....
    You ARE sitting back. You live in MA, one of the worse places someone can own a handgun. Or a house for that matter. Remember
    "taxation without representation?" It sparked the American revolution in Boston. Yet you're in tax hell. I remember an article not too long ago about a decent store owner from New Hampshire who shot two thugs that were beating the hell out of him in Boston. HE went to jail. The article was written by Mas Ayoob.

    I must side with nogods on this. He has a firm gasp of the laws and political climate in this state. In fact I'll put my NY CCW up against MA laws any day. You need to understand the relationship between NYS and NYC to make your argument. NYC controls the vote in this state. Nearly 8.4 million people on a 10 X 4 mile island (source: Top 50 Cities in the U.S. by Population and Rank — Infoplease.com), who are mostly liberal and democrat. NYC is a HUGE melting pot of foreigners. Hell, you can barely find an English-speaking person in some areas. It's become a foreign country. The population is comprised of numerous immigrants who came to America looking for a better way. So they side with candidates who dislike firearms (violence) and who promise entitlements. I recently parked a new car at a parking garage in NYC. Came back and it was damaged. The Middle-Eastern attendant told me to "Get out of HIS country." How's that grab you? You have the same problem in Boston, but on a much smaller scale.

    The total NYS population is roughly 19.5 million people (U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division - Google public data), 8.4 million of which are NYC residents (nearly 30% of the state population). Upstate NY is mostly common decent folks who vote republican and support guns. In Orange County (45 miles from NYC), roughly 10% of the population has a CCW. But our voices are silenced by the majority voting block of NYC. So what the hell are you talking about? The state is powerless to stop the political machinary of NYC.

    With a CCW in NYS I can go where I please, I'm not restricted from churches, bars, restaurants, hospitals, city, town or county parks, state lands. public transportation, banks or within the confines of a city other than NYC. And don't run on about discretionary issue. Just yesterday I had a student from Ulster county call to thank me as he was issued a full unrestricted CCW permit right out of the gate.

    There's an old saying, "know what you're talking about...read." It's apparent nogods does his homework!
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I'll take advice from someone who would be willing to fight tyranny not advocate its necessity...
    Grandiose delusions.

    The real sheep are the people who, unable or unwilling to think through issues, just regurgitate the nonsensical slogans they've been taught by others who are manipulating them.

    You are the one who doesn't have any concept of the meaning of the bill of rights or our constitution.

    You just keep spewing that it means what you want it to mean. Meaningless dribble.

    People who advocate irrational nonsense are not "friends of the 2nd amendment." They are the real foes of our Constitution and and the Bill of Rights. They want to coral the bill of rights into the same Philistine bunker they have chosen to live in.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by AngellXP View Post
    wish it did... unfortunately I cannot legally posses it in NY at all... Not because I am a felon or criminal(at least I wasn't) but because I am not properly registered/licensed in the county/state...
    But I'm sure you now see after all the bickering TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > 926A 926A is federal law to protect you from NY state law.

    I wish you the best of luck especially with you being a 6 year Navy vet.

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    You ARE sitting back. You live in MA, one of the worse places someone can own a handgun. Or a house for that matter. Remember
    "taxation without representation?" It sparked the American revolution in Boston. Yet you're in tax hell. I remember an article not too long ago about a decent store owner from New Hampshire who shot two thugs that were beating the hell out of him in Boston. HE went to jail. The article was written by Mas Ayoob.

    I must side with nogods on this. He has a firm gasp of the laws and political climate in this state. In fact I'll put my NY CCW up against MA laws any day. You need to understand the relationship between NYS and NYC to make your argument. NYC controls the vote in this state. Nearly 8.4 million people on a 10 X 4 mile island (source: Top 50 Cities in the U.S. by Population and Rank — Infoplease.com), who are mostly liberal and democrat. NYC is a HUGE melting pot of foreigners. Hell, you can barely find an English-speaking person in some areas. It's become a foreign country. The population is comprised of numerous immigrants who came to America looking for a better way. So they side with candidates who dislike firearms (violence) and who promise entitlements. I recently parked a new car at a parking garage in NYC. Came back and it was damaged. The Middle-Eastern attendant told me to "Get out of HIS country." How's that grab you? You have the same problem in Boston, but on a much smaller scale.

    The total NYS population is roughly 19.5 million people (U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division - Google public data), 8.4 million of which are NYC residents (nearly 30% of the state population). Upstate NY is mostly common decent folks who vote republican and support guns. In Orange County (45 miles from NYC), roughly 10% of the population has a CCW. But our voices are silenced by the majority voting block of NYC. So what the hell are you talking about? The state is powerless to stop the political machinary of NYC.

    With a CCW in NYS I can go where I please, I'm not restricted from churches, bars, restaurants, hospitals, city, town or county parks, state lands. public transportation, banks or within the confines of a city other than NYC. And don't run on about discretionary issue. Just yesterday I had a student from Ulster county call to thank me as he was issued a full unrestricted CCW permit right out of the gate.

    There's an old saying, "know what you're talking about...read." It's apparent nogods does his homework!
    I would really love to try and exercise my rights and my freedoms in the state of NY... My family has a summer home in the Adirondack Park... My Great Grandmother bought a place there in the late 30's... I was bathed in the lake before my 1st birthday... I would love to be able to carry my firearm (handgun) into the local pub or perhaps take a walk with it as I do here... I am a member of a rod and gun club there also. I bring my rifles and shotgun... I spend quite a bit of time in NY each summer... But alas I'm not permitted to exercise a basic, fundamental, Constitutionally protected right to bear arms, since the state of NY will not issue me a permit as I am not a resident. I am a citizen of the United States and was born in NY... Why is it that I am any less a person or citizen with rights there? I'm a criminal if I decide to exercise my rights in NY... I call Bullshite... No use trying folks, NY tramples rights and I see why... Defend it 'till it makes you happy... You are sitting back as well. I fight the same fight here so what is the difference? By the term powerless you have committed to defeat...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Grandiose delusions.

    The real sheep are the people who, unable or unwilling to think through issues, just regurgitate the nonsensical slogans they've been taught by others who are manipulating them.

    You are the one who doesn't have any concept of the meaning of the bill of rights or our constitution.

    You just keep spewing that it means what you want it to mean. Meaningless dribble.

    People who advocate irrational nonsense are not "friends of the 2nd amendment." They are the real foes of our Constitution and and the Bill of Rights. They want to coral the bill of rights into the same Philistine bunker they have chosen to live in.
    I am in no way manipulated... I think through the issues and I see things differently than you... Because I disagree with you, I must be wrong? Because I read the document and need not have it interpreted into "meaningless dribble such as; you must live in the state of NY or if your address is x or only if you show sufficient need... I am wrong? Ahhh, So it's do as I say and follow along and be a good boy "think like me"... You yourself advocate interpretation of the document... I interpret it in a different manner as do many others. So who is the thinker and who is the follower? You are incapable of processing the idea of someone forming an opinion that does not meet your standards or follow the process of thought you prescribe as being rational...The process you have been taught... Which differs from mine... I recall you writing about a society...

    "But hey, we'll be happy to let you participate as a member of our society when you are ready to give up the ego and learn to function in a group of people with diverse interests and goals." So why is my goal or interest any less important than yours? Ahhhh. Because it differs from yours and to the liberal collective that is intolerable... Almost like communism...

    Seriously... Infringement on the right comes in many forms and from many sources... Nice try...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    More of the nonsense...

    N.Y. Bureaucrats Propose "Risky" Games Restrictions

    What is to become of the land of liberty? I guess on the rainy days at camp they can read Karl Marx, Vladimir Illich Ulyanov, and Friedrich Engels... Oh joy!
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  10. #39
    @ AngellXP

    I can't really add much more than what has been already been advised. I am really sorry you got snagged by the Gulag "heel-clickers". I lived upstate in the Catskill Mountains (great hunting & fishing) for more than 30 years so I know what you are facing...GET A GOOD LAWYER after speaking with Tom King's office of the NYSRPA. (As recommended above). I believe he maintains an office in Troy NY (across the Hudson River from Albany).

    Myself, when I finally got the chance a few years ago I voted with my feet...like about everyone else I knew there (only 2 good friends & one of my kids remain & they are making their move out of the Gulag ASAP. I personally will never go back again by my free will, ever! I'm licensed to CCW in 34 States & the last time I had to enter the Gulag to take care of family estate business, I had to stash my hardware at my sister's place in PA before I crossed the border. (I wouldn't be surprised to hear NY will require their own passports soon, just to come into or go out of the hell-hole, as beautiful of a place that it is geographically.)

    The problem with NYS's gun laws is that they are firmly entrenched as a result of The Sullivan Act, also known as the Sullivan Law. Upon first passage, the Sullivan Act required licensses for New Yorkers to possess firearms small enough to be concealed. Possession of such firearms without a license was a misdemeanor, carrying them was a felony. The possession or carrying of weapons such as brass knuckles, sandbags, blackjacks, bludgeons or bombs was a felony, as was possessing or carrying a dagger, "dangerous knife" or razor "with intent to use the same unlawfully". Named for its primary legislative sponsor, state senator Timothy Sullivan, a notoriously corrupt Tammany Hall politician, it dates to 1911, and is still in force, making it one of the older existing gun control laws in the U.S. & it was so skillfully crafted it will not go away anytime soon. Many believe the act was to discriminate against immigrants in New York, particularly Italians, as the first person arrested under the law was mobster Guiseppe Costabile. Whether this was part of the law's intent, it was passed on a wave of anti-immigrant rhetoric as a measure to disarm an alleged criminal element. The police granted the licenses, and could easily discriminate against any they determined to be "undesirable" elements...then after 9/11 the politico drones turned the entire state into a total police state...the more things change, the more they remain the same...NYS politicians & bureaucrats are still corrupt as hell to this day and it's all about who you know and/or how much you are willing to pay.

    NOW, for everyone else who may not know this, PLEASE BEWARE...It is my understanding that The NYC Port of Authority Police monitor all flight/baggage manifests of planes coming into La Guardia & JFK airports and are targeting any passengers who have legit TSA declared handguns in their baggage but are not NY residents with NYS/NYC issued handgun possession permits (all NYS handguns are registered and NY does not recognize any other state's CCW licenses, just like Kali) and charging them with misdemeanor illegal handgun possession (whether traveling through or not). AND WORSE...the Albany County DA has assigned an Albany County Sheriff's Deputy to the Albany International Airport to do the same...although in Albany the charges are Felony illegal handgun possession.

    It is my understanding that NYC & Albany are the only airports in the entire country targeting air passengers in this manner. LESSON: DO NOT EVER EVER EVER TAKE YOUR HANDGUNS INTO NYC or ALBANY Airports, even if just passing through by catching a connecting flight to elsewhere!!! (If you must take your sidearm with you, route your connections through other airports!)

    IF DRIVING, watch your "6", gas up before crossing the border, do not stop for squat & drive straight through. A stop to visit an old college buddy or old aunt Sally will get you busted if you are in posession of a handgun (locked up or not per Fed Interstate Transportation Law) because LEO's are everywhere and provide a steady income stream into the bankrupt villages, towns, counties and the state. It is very common to hear stories about peeps being cited for speeding, then searched (the LEO's make the call on "probable cause" widely supported by local DA's) then having charges plead down to BS just to get the fine and court fees out of your pocket into theirs (Locals get half, the State the other half). I know, I was one of their victims on my last trip in, even though I was watching every move I made very carefully. Never again!
    "There's a reason you separate the Military and the Police. One fights the enemy of the State and the other serves and protects the People. When the Military becomes both, then the enemies of the State tend to become the People."



  11. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    94
    When I bought my RV last year, we bought a large map and I went and put red stripes through the states we will NEVER visit. NY, IL, NJ are at the top of the list.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast