My horrendous trip to NY - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My horrendous trip to NY

i have more guns than you. stop following me from thread to thread.you have no friends because you wait for me to type something so u can respond.the lady that gave birth looks like a troll.go play with you water gun collection

OK, armed-an-rdy & twogunwilly. That'll do. Now go to your rooms and don't come out till I say so! Don't make me turn this car around!

Personal attacks like this will get thic thread locked and might get you banned, and nobody wants that.

Can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    Can't we all just get along?
    That's a quote from Rodney King.

5. Were you coming into NYS or just passing through? Thought I read somewhere recently that a federal
    law allows you to pass through a state if you are legal in your originating state and in your destination
    state. Check a lawyer, what I read could be totally wrong (but...but...it was on the internet!).
    Don't go to Mass. either.

AngellXP

Personally, and from my own experiences, I think you'll get by on this. It's a problem with interpretation of NYS, NYC an Fed law. Even the police can't figure out which law to follow so they effect an arrest. I believe your case will be dismissed in the interest of justice. There's some good advice on this thread. It's unfortunate that you'll incur some legal costs and I'm sorry for you. I wish we could change it for you. Keep us posted on the progress and follow some of the advice contained herein.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    If it were up to me you would be allowed to come here. Crossing state lines doesn't change the essence of a man's good nature or intent. We're simply outnumbered by anti-gnners. More than outnumbered, we're overwhelmed. And the NRA could be doing much more here to help us. Many of us want out of the state. NY is among he worst states one can live in. High property tax, highest debt per capita in the US, etc. People are fleeing in droves.
    Acknowledged... My long standing issue is with advocating "reasonable restrictions"... It reminds me of the phrase "gateway drug", in that it leads to other restrictions. What some consider unreasonable restrictions will be construed by yet others as inadequate restrictions... When we allow one to happen be assured others will follow. Some liberally biased, pants wetting cry baby will make a statement that they feel threatened by the fact that people are allowed to carry loaded firearms. Some other brainwashed lemming or sheep will bleat in unison. The next thing we have is a chorus... Then the mob rules mentality takes over. Must take that away from others. Must make others obey...

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the influx of foreigners in a previous post. I am a American born citizen. Born of an American citizen who descended from an immigrant like many other Americans... So I have no issue with immigration (LEGALLY) to the US... Come here and enjoy the freedoms and liberties that this country offers. Don't infringe on the rights of the citizens who already enjoy those freedoms. Mob rules is not freedom... The amendment was written simply to protect that God given right, not open it up for interpretation and infringement...

I feel the pain as well. The legislation here is sickening... I have a family member in GA and he is very happy there. Possible career move could lead to NC... Beats this liberal shitehole... NY as beautiful as it is, would never be a consideration...

Americans depend more on federal aid than ever - USATODAY.com

New Yorkers lead pack in government benefits - USATODAY.com

Latinos vote in record numbers in 2010 elections - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Buying A Counterfeit Designer Bag Could Soon Land You In Jail Or A $1000 Fine: Gothamist

Oh wow... If there is a bit of fun to be had or a dollar to be made without consent in NYC, Bloomberg will have his fist in it soon enough... I could not make this stuff up... OK... I could, but why bother?

http://nyc.legistar.com/PersonDetail...C1C0B8&Search=

Keep your eyes on this one...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

6shootercarry, I hear that Mike Bloomberg wants to pass a law requiring all use of gravitational fields (including the earth's) within the City limits to be licenced. Any unlicenced use of a gravitational field inside the city limits will be a felony. Again, this includes the earth's gravitational field. As a preemptive move, Arnold Schwarzenegger will be lobbying for a sportsmen's exemption so that weight lifters and bodybuilders can use the earth's gravitional field durring weight lifting activities.

Sorry to hear about your getting tripped up in NY, sounds crazy. In a case like this there are no options but to fight it tooth & nail, costing some coin. Good luck with all that.

11. Thumbs up Where to get legal help

Quote Originally Posted by AngellXP View Post
    As a 6 year Navy vet with a spotless criminal record I find it very offensive that I would have my 2nd amendment rights stomped on like this, not to mention being arrested w/o being read my rights although I know them by heart after serving on base security for 2+ years...

I was arrested at La-guardia Airport this past week when I was on my way home on charges of illegal possession of a firearm. I did not know the official charges against me until I had already been in jail for 18+hrs. I travel with this firearm regularly through many states and have never had trouble till now. As always the gun was unloaded and locked with a cable and the ammo was in it's own original box. All locked in a hard sided case and locked inside my suitcase. All this as per TSA and airline regs...

Only now have I come to find out how strict NY is about their gun laws. I admittedly did not check the laws before leaving... Worst mistake I have EVER made to date. As is stands, I am facing potential Felony charges and possible jail time if I cannot get this cleared up ASAP.

I don't know if any of you can help but I will be going back to court the morning of May 23rd to have my trial. If you cannot help perhaps you might be able to refer me to someone well qualified.

Hi Friend, I can recommend you obtain a membership with Pre-Paid Legal to help with your defense. For as little as $17 per month (in most states) you can get unlimited consultations, and if there is anything you can do for yourself they will point you to documents to fill out and they will review them at no cost. If you need representation in court, they will provide a lawyer at a 25% discount from their normal charge. If you are sued in civil court, or charged with a crime in the course of your work, you can get 60 or 75 hours of lawyer time including court time at no additional cost, depending on what state you live in, which you did not give. The Pre-Paid plans vary in some states due to their own laws, but in Oregon I could get up to 75 hours of lawyer assistance. I am an independent associate for PPL, and if you decide to go that route I would appreciate the business, but it doesn't matter who you get it from, and there are many associates in your area as well. The lawyers are among the best available in whatever state you are in. For details please go to www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/mwwills. If your home state requires an insurance license to provide PPL, then just get it from Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. and you will be in business. Anyone who carries really needs access to a lawyer, you never know when you might run into a police officer who does not understand carry law, I have seen examples from nearly every state. We also provide the best ID Theft service available, the only one to offer full restoration of your ID. While I need the business (I've been laid off for a year and a half), this post is primarily for the purpose of assisting our friend here in obtaining low cost legal help and representation for his defense. If you want to ask any questions, please send me an email through my web page. Best of luck to you. Marshall

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast