My horrendous trip to NY - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: My horrendous trip to NY

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    6shootercarry, I hear that Mike Bloomberg wants to pass a law requiring all use of gravitational fields (including the earth's) within the City limits to be licenced. Any unlicenced use of a gravitational field inside the city limits will be a felony. Again, this includes the earth's gravitational field. As a preemptive move, Arnold Schwarzenegger will be lobbying for a sportsmen's exemption so that weight lifters and bodybuilders can use the earth's gravitional field durring weight lifting activities.
    Bloomberg is an extortionist. He and the rest of the progressive (toward communism) liberals wouldn't know freedom if it introduced itself and kicked them in their genitals... I loved his little stunt crossing state lines with his "NYC forbids this" agenda... 2 words...

You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I would like to thank you ALL for your encouragement and suggestions! At this juncture I am trying to secure the funds to get a lawyer. I don't know about y'all but I do NOT have thousands of dollars laying around. It looks like I will have to get a loan to even think about doing this... I am not a member of the NRA however I will make an attempt to call them anyway.

I have 23 days an counting at this point. from what one lawyer told me I may actually be able to push that date back since they will not likely have all their ducks in a row yet anyway. That particular lawyer sounded the most encouraging however the price tag made up for it... 3500 for the retainer with a 5k flat fee... ouch is all I have to say about that...

Thanks again for all the advice!!! although I don't reply every day I promise your replies are being read!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by AngellXP View Post
    I would like to thank you ALL for your encouragement and suggestions! At this juncture I am trying to secure the funds to get a lawyer. I don't know about y'all but I do NOT have thousands of dollars laying around. It looks like I will have to get a loan to even think about doing this... I am not a member of the NRA however I will make an attempt to call them anyway.

I have 23 days an counting at this point. from what one lawyer told me I may actually be able to push that date back since they will not likely have all their ducks in a row yet anyway. That particular lawyer sounded the most encouraging however the price tag made up for it... 3500 for the retainer with a 5k flat fee... ouch is all I have to say about that...

Thanks again for all the advice!!! although I don't reply every day I promise your replies are being read!

Jon
    Jon,
    I will offer prayers and hope that this entire issue becomes just an image in the rear view mirror for you. I hope that none of this effects you adversely. I hope that the next time you hear or read about someone proposing anti-gun legislation and you can have a direct effect on the outcome, you rise to the occasion and rally against it while keeping in mind how easily the title law "abiding citizen" can be changed to "criminal" via unconstitutional laws called "reasonable restrictions"...

Keep us informed (when practical and legal) regarding the outcome...

Peace...

Man, this is like everyone's worst nightmare come to roost. I feel for ya!

Railroaded by the Prog/Libs. The WORST possible happenstance.

You know what is worse? Half of the ghetto trash that keep these "baksheesh" vote buyers in office have guns too..... ILLEGALLY! There is a certain sence of injustice here..... irony, perhaps. Definately disgust!

GULAG, indeed!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    So you now want to be the judge, jury, and legislator of one.

How nice of you to offer, but I think the majority of citizens will pass on that offer.

But hey, we'll be happy to let you participate as a member of our society when you are ready to give up the ego and learn to function in a group of people with diverse interests and goals.

In the meantime just keep living in that fantasy land that lets you think you are the law of the land.
    Time to up your medication
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    Time to up your medication
    Or discuss other options with a qualified health care provider... Or perhaps reduce the dosage... Perhaps the permanent damage has been done already (which is my suspicion)...

Alright, many of you may be waiting for updates so here goes. I have gotten together a package with my lawyer and the DA should have it now. The lawyer should be having a meeting with the DA early next week to discuss a plea to a violation or an ACD(Adjournment in contemplation of dismissal)…

Either option is significantly better than the Felony charge with a minimum prison term of 3.5 years!

My court date is this coming 23rd. I am supposed to be there at 0930 but no one knows what time I would actually be seen. I’ll be flying in the 22nd and leaving the evening of the 23rd. So if anyone happens to be near the Queens County criminal court… Feel free to stop by… It would be nice to see a person or two in my corner. :)

God has blessed me tremendously in this situation! I'd like to thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, and general encouragement!

Stay safe and God Bless!!!
    Jon

Jon,
    Sorry that you have had to experience this grave injustice and endure the financial loss and frustration that accompanies it. Laws created simply to make criminals out of citizens who exercise a right protected by the Bill of Rights... The work of evil, heartless, and thoughtless individuals...

I'd love to stop by and cheer you on, but my schedule won't allow it and I fear I'd be found in contempt of court... I hope this experience will not have any adverse affect on your ability to retain a firearms license/permit. I will pray that things work out for the best for you. As I mentioned in an earlier post, think about this the next time someone mentions reasonable restrictions and speaks of gun control as if it were making the world a safer place for everyone and bettering all our lives...

Peace, and God Bless...

Quote Originally Posted by AngellXP View Post
    Alright, many of you may be waiting for updates so here goes. I have gotten together a package with my lawyer and the DA should have it now. The lawyer should be having a meeting with the DA early next week to discuss a plea to a violation or an ACD(Adjournment in contemplation of dismissal)…

Either option is significantly better than the Felony charge with a minimum prison term of 3.5 years!

My court date is this coming 23rd. I am supposed to be there at 0930 but no one knows what time I would actually be seen. I’ll be flying in the 22nd and leaving the evening of the 23rd. So if anyone happens to be near the Queens County criminal court… Feel free to stop by… It would be nice to see a person or two in my corner. :)

God has blessed me tremendously in this situation! I'd like to thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, and general encouragement!

Stay safe and God Bless!!!
    Jon
    Jon;

Best of luck to you. I still believe that this thing is going to end well for you. Keeping our fingers crossed.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Smile

So Many of you are likely anticipating the results of my court hearing. I do apologize for this taking so long. I have a lot on my plate these days.

Anyway, on to the good stuff. As I had said earlier, I had been told the outcome might be very good. What I was not sure of was exactly how good. The original thought was that my charge would be reduced to a violation rather than the felony that holds a minimum of 3.5yr sentence. With a violation, I would have had to pay a fine and some sort of court fee. Instead I was given an ACD(adjournment in contemplation of dismissal)!!! What that means is that rather than pleading guilty to anything, my case will be completely dismissed in 6 months. The case will then be sealed, and as far as most of the world will be concerned this will have never happened. I did not have to pay any fines or fees. The only loss is the cost of my pistol which is currently in NY custody, if not destroyed already :( The loss of my one and only pistol is very disappointing and upsetting but apparently there is no other option in NYs mind.

Over all, this outcome is the best it possibly could be and God has blessed me greatly in this. I am also VERY thankful to the USCCA for their substantial assistance in this case. I cant thank ALL of you enough for your thoughts and prayers over this. The power of prayer is an awesome thing to behold.

I am sure there are a few things that I have left out so please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks again and God bless,
    Jon

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast