My horrendous trip to NY - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: My horrendous trip to NY

1. I don't know how you can be happy about letting the city get away with that. You need to pursue full legal action against them.

How hard do you expect me to fight? I broke the law... However stupid and ridiculous that we can both agree that it is. The city and surrounding aria of NY has been brain washed into thinking that GUNS kill people, therefore THEY must be evil... They don't seem to make the connection that a gun will not fire if left alone... Anyway that is a subject for another day.

I am not happy about loosing my gun! so please don't make that assumption... Given the options I think I made out pretty well. Not to mention, I love in FL and cannot be going up there to pursue much of anything. I would love to be able to fight for it better but I am just not able to do so at this time.

Does any one have a Beretta Px4 they would be willing to sell me to replace what I lost?

@AngellXP You got it behind you. Best that could be expected without a long and costly fight. What part of Fl.? I'm just above the Fl.Keys.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

I'm glad you made out as good as you did, I used to live in upstate NY worked for a guy from Queens, this was many years ago, he left Queens for upstate because of all the violence,...........my only fear is one day somewhere the so called anti's will start something like they did with you, and possably this person may have the means to do something about it, I just hope nobody inocent is close by

I reside 30 minutes from Disney... In Kissimmee

Congrats on the outcome.. As you stated, it is probably the best you could have ever hoped for out of the situation..
    Hopefully the lawyer cut you some slack on the $5 grand fee!!
    Thanx for sharing your story as it might help someone else from getting in a similar spot...
    I went hunting once in NY.. I opted to fly into Albany, although my hunting partner was in Brooklyn.. I'm glad I did.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Wow, the 2nd Amendment should be the only defense you need, they act like you did something wrong...This pisses me off, sorry for the language, but its ridicules, its not like your weapon was going to hurt anyone locked in the luggage, and for being a former vet, it should account for something. You defended their freedom, you sacrificed...Stupid states [no offense to anyone] with stupid laws. Wish this country would wise up, this country was founded with guns, and it shall die with people defending their gun rights.
    I wish you luck [although your trial/hearing has passed] hope it all worked out for you.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

No matter how this ended I still feel you broke no law. In my world you would be welcome in NYS anytime. The laws between the state and city are convoluted and even the police and DA don't know which law to enforce.

For all posters, NYS (PL 265.20) will only allow you to enter the state with your handgun when competing in a sanctioned event, taking a class or attending a convention... and then you may enter 48 hours before, must exit within 48 hours of completion and better have proof of the event registration and your home state permit with you. Hunting doesn't count and you could be arrested.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I still feel NY needs to change their laws on CC and OC. If you look at the NY history, [not on TV shows] they have a large issue with Gangs, and weapons being used against innocent people. I feel it would be better for people to obtain a CCW easier than it is now, and I feel it should be allowed for other state CPLs to be accepted in their state. Until their laws change, I will NOT visit NYS much as I will not visit any other state that doesnt recognize my CPL or any other states CPL.
    Time for some Liberal states to wake up and realize a gun on its own does not hurt people, a mad man with a weapon, legal or not can not be stopped. Look at Mexico. Nuff said.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I still feel NY needs to change their laws on CC and OC. If you look at the NY history, [not on TV shows] they have a large issue with Gangs, and weapons being used against innocent people. I feel it would be better for people to obtain a CCW easier than it is now, and I feel it should be allowed for other state CPLs to be accepted in their state. Until their laws change, I will NOT visit NYS much as I will not visit any other state that doesnt recognize my CPL or any other states CPL. Time for some Liberal states to wake up and realize a gun on its own does not hurt people, a mad man with a weapon, legal or not can not be stopped. Look at Mexico. Nuff said.
    +100

Gangs and weapons being used against innocent people? It's everywhere...MS13, Bloods, Crips, La Ema, "rabid chuckleheads", etc...not just in the big cities like NYC either. A reason I carry...never leave home without your EDC & a snotty back-up! Take it from me, you don't need to be in a big city to be shot at...I have the scars & stories to back that (and they weren't from "gang-bangers" either)!
    "There's a reason you separate the Military and the Police. One fights the enemy of the State and the other serves and protects the People. When the Military becomes both, then the enemies of the State tend to become the People."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast