My horrendous trip to NY - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My horrendous trip to NY

Great news! Your pistol can be replaced, time in jail can't, congrats!!!
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Quote Originally Posted by cawpin View Post
    I don't know how you can be happy about letting the city get away with that. You need to pursue full legal action against them.
    Coming from a commie state myself (MA) I can tell you that when you get that lucky you just STFU and walk away. Trust me....he won that one. It's something nobody from a free state will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Coming from a commie state myself (MA) I can tell you that when you get that lucky you just STFU and walk away. Trust me....he won that one.
    As bad as it has stung to loose my pistol, I have definitely sucked it up and moved on. That does not mean I like or agree with the outcome but I am very glad to have gotten off as well as I have.

I will likely be moving to MA soon because my work is consolidating it's offices. Any advice? (Gun related that is)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AngellXP View Post
    As bad as it has stung to loose my pistol, I have definitely sucked it up and moved on. That does not mean I like or agree with the outcome but I am very glad to have gotten off as well as I have.

I will likely be moving to MA soon because my work is consolidating it's offices. Any advice? (Gun related that is)
    Thanks
    Yup, in MA your City or Town is the issuing authority because of this some places are Shall Issue, Some are May Issue, And Some are Go F Yourself. I'll include a map that basically shows you where you want to live. Any Town Colored in Green will issue unrestricted permits. Don't bother living anywhere thats not green. You'll want to apply for LTC-A and make sure you apply for "All Lawful Purposes" or "No Restrictions". Have a good reason. Remember you don't have the "Right" to anything. But typically in a green town you shouldn't have any real issues getting your permit. Overall Cities are bad, Towns are good. When you move in you get a 60 pass on the permit to legally have you guns in the house unloaded and locked up, but you can't carry. Get your MA drivers lic ASAP and start the process. Your 60 days starts once you get your lic whether your LTC app is in yet or not. The only other downside is you have to retake your NRA pistol safety class (prior to filing the app) as MA doesn't recognize one not taken in MA. But it's for the better because MA does have some different storage requirements than other states. There laws are weird but it's not as bad as most people think. Better than NY,NJ and CA all day long. I won't compare it to a free state. Oh Yeah, No Mags over 10rds!! Major Felony! Any questions feel free to PM me.

MA Pro-Gun Cities & Towns

Same thing but a list

Congratulations! Perhaps there is a little justice left in the justice system.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Free state... Hummmm... Leads me to this...

Why do liberals hate freedom so much? - How the World Works - Salon.com

NY at the bottom of the list say it ain't so... MA is down there too... I'll choose revolution over liberalism...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Jon,
    I'm glad that it all worked out for you in spite of the fact that New York authorities unlawfully seized your firearm. I think that it's time that you invested in a National Rifle Association membership. The NRA does a lot to lobby for the rights of citizens at the Federal and state level. NRA

Irish
    National Rifle Association
    Single Action Shooting Society

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789