It makes sense. I've been to DC... Keep the monuments and dump the rest...

Thread: It makes sense. I've been to DC... Keep the monuments and dump the rest...

It makes sense. I've been to DC... Keep the monuments and dump the rest...

LOGIC 101

An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine this week, which I quote:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq Theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington, DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period.

That means you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in the US capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the U.S., than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

DC

That is particularly interesting because on any given day in DC you have more of EVERY kind of cop imaginable. Oh yeah, then they go home to the suburbs at night. Can't blame them though, DC stands for Dangerous City!

They should call it Washington, PC for Potomic Cesspool.

Tough gun laws means easy target for criminal who cares nothing about the law our Washington elite are dumber than they look.

I never had any problems while in DC. Stayed mostly at Washington Union Station though.

That "Logic 101" is looking like a Math 101 FAIL?

2112 deaths per 160,000 = 1320 deaths per 100,000... not 60.

Let's see... 160,000 / 1.6 = 100,000
    So 2112 / 1.6 = 1320 (not 60). Seriously, how can it be 60??

1320 is quite a bit higher than 80.6, eh?

Anybody want to check my math?

Wash DC is a hole for a multitude of reasons, and those reasons are all very real. Those reasons do not require a voodoo math demonstration!
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; 04-20-2011 at 05:30 AM. Reason: afterthought.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Have been to DC my last time. It is the capitol of so many things that are making our country the hated laughing stock of the world. Common sense is not common there. It has become an infectious running open sore spreading its poison across the land. Rugged individuality and self sufficiency types are it's enemies. Morality and the truth is a threat to it.