Our Survival - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: Our Survival

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    153
    Check out two profound "doc" movies."Collapse" and "Inside Job". These movies will give insight to where we're heading as a country.
    "Democracy... is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."-- Benjamin Franklin

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    FDR actually took us off the Gold Standard, agree, guns and ammo are able to get you food, vast majority of folks will pass with no survival skills or have food/valuables or life taken as they wait for police to protect them.

  4. Unhappy Doom and Gloom or Reality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyk00diver View Post
    And gas is $4 a gallon! more doom and gloom. I is the same thing I remember my parents talking about when gold hit $500, and we are all still here!
    There is no question that people are making plenty of money today preying on our fears and anxiety but let's review history. Did past generations burn their food for fuel, thus driving up world-wide food costs? Were Islamic terrorists intent on detonating weapons of mass destruction to end the western way of life? Did past generation live under a President who wanted our country to remain energy dependent on nations that hate us? Did past generations of Americans live under a President whose primary loyalty is to the United Nations? Sure the Romans and Greeks disappeared, the Russians collapsed, and Germany and Japan were defeated. But the United States disappear? Never! Sometime I think I am living in the Twlight Zone where people can look at current events and say "nah, nothing to it"! What if I told you that I could never be hurt during a mugging because I have never been mugged before? I hope you would wonder if I have lost my mind. That logic would be completely flawed. I have to look at past facts and attempt to prepare for what could possibly happen in the future.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    153
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    There is no question that people are making plenty of money today preying on our fears and anxiety but let's review history. Did past generations burn their food for fuel, thus driving up world-wide food costs? Were Islamic terrorists intent on detonating weapons of mass destruction to end the western way of life? Did past generation live under a President who wanted our country to remain energy dependent on nations that hate us? Did past generations of Americans live under a President whose primary loyalty is to the United Nations? Sure the Romans and Greeks disappeared, the Russians collapsed, and Germany and Japan were defeated. But the United States disappear? Never! Sometime I think I am living in the Twlight Zone where people can look at current events and say "nah, nothing to it"! What if I told you that I could never be hurt during a mugging because I have never been mugged before? I hope you would wonder if I have lost my mind. That logic would be completely flawed. I have to look at past facts and attempt to prepare for what could possibly happen in the future.

    Well said my friend.
    "Democracy... is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."-- Benjamin Franklin

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    153
    Here is a good article from a website I frequent. This site makes no money from no one, strictly non-profit, There here just to help and inform us. Alot of good information here.

    National Inflation Association
    "Democracy... is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."-- Benjamin Franklin

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    FDR actually took us off the Gold Standard, agree, guns and ammo are able to get you food, vast majority of folks will pass with no survival skills or have food/valuables or life taken as they wait for police to protect them.
    I stand corrected sir, after further research you are right. It's weird though how main stream has blamed it on nixon. I too believe ammo will be good barter. I currently have 2000 rnds 45 ACP & 3000 rnds of 22lr. Also I think things like sewing needles, toilet paper, and toorhbrushes, etc will be good barter as well as the things I mentioned in past posts. I'm currently trying to educate my family and friends and nieghbors to localize ao we'll be able to help each other.
    "Democracy... is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."-- Benjamin Franklin

  8. #17
    Everyone knows that Obama has a cache of gold and silver hidden away in a buried treasure chest.

    Here's proof he was a pirate before sneaking into the United States:


  9. It is one thing to be prepared but SOME of us are highly excited about everything. Ammo and food base stocks, yes. Like posted before, gold and silver will only go so far, it is hard to digest without plenty of beer. A little humor to lighten th mood.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Here's the rub; what do you do with the gold and silver? Can't buy anything with it. Can only sell it for paper money. And if that paper money is so degraded did we really earn anything from buying gold? If everyone is buying gold then the price is climbing on speculation. That bubble can also pop when the price drops. Same as the housing market. "Wow! That house is worth $750K, I'll buy it!" Three years later it's worth $500K and the owner is negative on it. Buying gold at $1,500? Not me. I believe land is the new gold. It's undervalued right now. Buy low, sell high. Besides if worst comes to worst I can live on it, plant food on it... go out an take a p*$$ on it if I want.

    The Dow did well today. Because we live in a world market society, a growing market is favorable to economic recovery despite lack of job growth in America. I don't believe in doomsday scenarios. Chicken little has been around in one form or another for centuries, but he's never been right.

    When the dow dropped to historic lows a few years ago chicken little said the sky was falling. It was financial armageddon. People made a run on their investment portfolios thinking they had to get out before they lost it all. Some of us kept our head. While others were selling, I was buying. Thank God. That baby closed today at 12,453 (it was 10,600 when the slide began).

    I'll trust my own instincts, they've served me very well for 30 years of investing.

    Just my opinion on the subject.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Everyone knows that Obama has a cache of gold and silver hidden away in a buried treasure chest.

    Here's proof he was a pirate before sneaking into the United States:

    Funny as hell, I love it!
    "Democracy... is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."-- Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast