Our Survival - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Survival

Quote Originally Posted by SPEAR-99 View Post
    It is one thing to be prepared but SOME of us are highly excited about everything. Ammo and food base stocks, yes. Like posted before, gold and silver will only go so far, it is hard to digest without plenty of beer. A little humor to lighten th mood.
    mmmm, Negro Modelo, my favorite!
    "Democracy... is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."-- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Here's the rub; what do you do with the gold and silver? Can't buy anything with it. Can only sell it for paper money. And if that paper money is so degraded did we really earn anything from buying gold? If everyone is buying gold then the price is climbing on speculation. That bubble can also pop when the price drops. Same as the housing market. "Wow! That house is worth $750K, I'll buy it!" Three years later it's worth $500K and the owner is negative on it. Buying gold at $1,500? Not me. I believe land is the new gold. It's undervalued right now. Buy low, sell high. Besides if worst comes to worst I can live on it, plant food on it... go out an take a p*$$ on it if I want.

The Dow did well today. Because we live in a world market society, a growing market is favorable to economic recovery despite lack of job growth in America. I don't believe in doomsday scenarios. Chicken little has been around in one form or another for centuries, but he's never been right.

When the dow dropped to historic lows a few years ago chicken little said the sky was falling. It was financial armageddon. People made a run on their investment portfolios thinking they had to get out before they lost it all. Some of us kept our head. While others were selling, I was buying. Thank God. That baby closed today at 12,453 (it was 10,600 when the slide began).

I'll trust my own instincts, they've served me very well for 30 years of investing.

Just my opinion on the subject.
    Gold & Silver will become the new form of currency. Also people will be able to pay off debt, like houses and credit with inflated dollars, by selling there gold or silver and buying goods off the black market. Gold & silver are the forms of currency that can't be printed out of thin air.

As far as your market goes? It too is inflated, it's ONLY doing well because the federal reserves printing of billions of dollars which is artificially propping up the market. The fed is sitting on over 2.5 trillion in fiat reserves. The central banks have most of their fiat stored at the fed bank trying to collect interst, haha! The fed' is gonna start putting that money back into the system, along with china. Then comes the devaluation of the dollar. Then hyperinflation. Good thing is, we'll have plenty of fiat to start fires to keep warm and wipe our ass with.

" If the silver ratio is heading to 16:1, that implies a near term price range of $90 - $100 per ounce.
    If gold goes to $5,000 an ounce, and the silver/gold price ratio remains 16:1, there’s silver at $312.50 per ounce.
    And what, pray tell, is coming down the pike to support a gold price of $5,000?
    First and foremost, the United States dollar.
    The whole global financial system is trapped in a situation whereby we have no choice but to permit the United States to continue counterfeiting money. There is no single political force or voice or even prospect with the knowledge and the power to put a stop to the insanity into which we continue to spiral on a daily basis. That means, despite the unanimous chorus from the financial media mainstream, which anesthetizes the human race in an effort to thwart violent protest by design, the fabrication of electronic dollars will continue apace. For years.
    In terms of strict nominal value, that implies a proportional increase in the prices of, well, everything. Inflation is the direct outcome of monetary expansion in the absence of economic growth. Therefore, gold and silver will be direct beneficiaries of such policy.
    At the same time, sovereign and large capital pool (LCP) investors in U.S. debt are seeking to exit their holdings of U.S. dollars, The world’s largest bond fund, PIMCO, and its acerbic chief Bill Gross, are now shorting the U.S. dollar. China has stated repeatedly that it will reduce its holdings of U.S. debt. This is sending a signal to the rest of the sovereign wealth and LCPs that the U.S. dollar should be abandoned. That means, when the convulsions that seize the global financial system, such as that of 2008, manifest themselves, investors will flee less and less to the U.S. dollar, and more and more to other currencies – especially gold and silver.
    So not only does the price of gold appreciate in strictly nominal terms, but demand for it is growing even as it grows exponentially in price. That’s why, given this illogical yet nevertheless existing stupidity, the more expensive gold and silver get, the greater will be their demand as a replacement for U.S. dollar denominated safe haven asset classes.
    The third major factor that is going to drive gold to $5,000 and silver through $300 is related to the first two. Governments, always reactive and never proactive, will eventually start to ratify gold and silver as official currency alternatives as a result of public pressure. "

Try and wrap your head around this one.

NIA put this video out back in May 13, 2010. Reality at it's finest. It's only an hour long so I'm sure you can find the time and watch it.......if you value your family's future.

Last edited by jrtyson72; 04-24-2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: spelling

I read a book a few months ago..... "This Time is Different." The entire thrust of the book was comparative analysis of financial breakdowns of various Nations going back some four hundred years. There was no political agenda written in the book, no "spin", just concise analysis of leading indicators toward "financial meltdowns" and objective analysis of the aftermath.

While many of the "failed" nations were 2nd raters to begin with, it is of interest to note that of the "world powers" (1st raters) that went through a "meltdown" of their monetary system, NONE of them were "World Power" class in the aftermath. At best, the Nation plugged on as second raters thereafter.

That's where we are heading right now. After the "fall", we will still exist.... whether or not with the same form of Government, I cannot say.... I can say that we WILL be a Nation with a severely curtailed standard of living and there are going to be a lot of "presumed poor" that are going to discover exactly just how good they have had it in this Country..... and there are going to be a lot of "new poor" to join in the misery.

I have been "editorializing" about this in forums for years, being a student of finance and economics, I even predicted the '08 crash, just not the severity. (I missed the evolution of "mortgage backed securities" and "credit swaps", which only served to exacerbate the final reconning.)

Unless Congress can make the hard decisions, which will immediately get them tossed out of office, I see no remedy on hand. Hopefully wiser heads than mine will come up with something..... but I'm not making book on that. I have long learned to play the probabilities and plan from that POV rather than pray for miracles.

Hate to be the pragmatic weenie here..... but there it is.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

As I have stated before your gold and silver will not do you any good. For you can not eat it, It can't keep your warm or safe. Gold and silver only has value due to people believing it is worth something. When the SHTF gold and silver will be the last thing on peoples minds. Food, water and medicine will be the top things followed by firearms and ammo to defend what items you have. I am looking at the worst case scenario, where people will go out and kill to get what they need or want. So having gold or silver won't help you but make you a target if people are dumb enough to believe it still has value. Besides gold and silver making you a target, Food, water and firearms and ammo will make you a target to those who need or want to secure enough to last till things get better.

The black market you keep talking about where you will be able to use your gold and silver, Gets the items from where to trade for gold/silver? It will be gotten by killing the people who had them. So If you are not prepared to defend your property and life you will be killed and you property taken.

So I am planning for the worst and hopping for the best.

xd man your 4-22 post is excellent. Just have to say the price of gold doesn't rise. It just takes more dollars to buy the same amount..as in the dollar becomes less valuable.
    Kasper: I understand your point but before everything goes south the point of gold is to preserve purchasing power. yes you trade it in for a wheel barrow full of dollars. One of the things you could do is pay off your mortgage with those inflated worthless dollars after you trade in some of your gold. When there is nothing being produced then it would be time to break out the bullets. Then you can get what you need if there is any around plus more gold!

There won't be any form of "currency" in the near future. It'll be a "Mark", all beginning with the first three numbers 666.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    There won't be any form of "currency" in the near future. It'll be a "Mark", all beginning with the first three numbers 666.
    I think the mark will be a tattood bar code.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    As I have stated before your gold and silver will not do you any good. For you can not eat it, It can't keep your warm or safe. Gold and silver only has value due to people believing it is worth something. When the SHTF gold and silver will be the last thing on peoples minds. Food, water and medicine will be the top things followed by firearms and ammo to defend what items you have. I am looking at the worst case scenario, where people will go out and kill to get what they need or want. So having gold or silver won't help you but make you a target if people are dumb enough to believe it still has value. Besides gold and silver making you a target, Food, water and firearms and ammo will make you a target to those who need or want to secure enough to last till things get better.

The black market you keep talking about where you will be able to use your gold and silver, Gets the items from where to trade for gold/silver? It will be gotten by killing the people who had them. So If you are not prepared to defend your property and life you will be killed and you property taken.

So I am planning for the worst and hopping for the best.
    And like I said, gold & silver will become our new form of "currency", just as it's been for thousands of years.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast