Our Survival - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Survival

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    xd man your 4-22 post is excellent. Just have to say the price of gold doesn't rise. It just takes more dollars to buy the same amount..as in the dollar becomes less valuable.
    Kasper: I understand your point but before everything goes south the point of gold is to preserve purchasing power. yes you trade it in for a wheel barrow full of dollars. One of the things you could do is pay off your mortgage with those inflated worthless dollars after you trade in some of your gold. When there is nothing being produced then it would be time to break out the bullets. Then you can get what you need if there is any around plus more gold!
    Thank you for backing me up, more & more people are waking up.
    "Democracy... is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."-- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    I read a book a few months ago..... "This Time is Different." The entire thrust of the book was comparative analysis of financial breakdowns of various Nations going back some four hundred years. There was no political agenda written in the book, no "spin", just concise analysis of leading indicators toward "financial meltdowns" and objective analysis of the aftermath.

While many of the "failed" nations were 2nd raters to begin with, it is of interest to note that of the "world powers" (1st raters) that went through a "meltdown" of their monetary system, NONE of them were "World Power" class in the aftermath. At best, the Nation plugged on as second raters thereafter.

That's where we are heading right now. After the "fall", we will still exist.... whether or not with the same form of Government, I cannot say.... I can say that we WILL be a Nation with a severely curtailed standard of living and there are going to be a lot of "presumed poor" that are going to discover exactly just how good they have had it in this Country..... and there are going to be a lot of "new poor" to join in the misery.

I have been "editorializing" about this in forums for years, being a student of finance and economics, I even predicted the '08 crash, just not the severity. (I missed the evolution of "mortgage backed securities" and "credit swaps", which only served to exacerbate the final reconning.)

Unless Congress can make the hard decisions, which will immediately get them tossed out of office, I see no remedy on hand. Hopefully wiser heads than mine will come up with something..... but I'm not making book on that. I have long learned to play the probabilities and plan from that POV rather than pray for miracles.

Hate to be the pragmatic weenie here..... but there it is.

GG
    Very very well said! Another believer & suvivior I'm sure. Thanks for the tip on the book, I will definitly check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by jrtyson72 View Post
    I think the mark will be a tattood bar code.
    Most likely an implanted identity chip.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Quote Originally Posted by jrtyson72 View Post
    Gold & Silver will become the new form of currency. Also people will be able to pay off debt, like houses and credit with inflated dollars, by selling there gold or silver and buying goods off the black market. Gold & silver are the forms of currency that can't be printed out of thin air.

As far as your market goes? It too is inflated, it's ONLY doing well because the federal reserves printing of billions of dollars which is artificially propping up the market. The fed is sitting on over 2.5 trillion in fiat reserves. The central banks have most of their fiat stored at the fed bank trying to collect interst, haha! The fed' is gonna start putting that money back into the system, along with china. Then comes the devaluation of the dollar. Then hyperinflation. Good thing is, we'll have plenty of fiat to start fires to keep warm and wipe our ass with.
    The problem is that gold and silver cannot legally be used as currency. However, several states are proposing laws to repeal this.

Lawmakers in several states, including Tennessee, Virginia, New Hampshire and South Carolina, have introduced bills to look into minting their own currencies in the event of a complete breakdown of the U.S. Federal Reserve. In Georgia, a bill to make the state only use gold and silver is in committee.

Utah has received the most media attention on this subject as the House and Senate have passed HB317, which would recognize gold and silver coins as legal tender and exempt them from certain state tax liability.

However, any attempt to return to a gold standard would present equalization problems from cash currency. If this is not done the country could fall into deep recession, which in return devalues the gold. So in the event we return to the gold standard, that gold may very well be devalued in an effort to equalize valuation with the paper standard. No law will ever be enacted that puts those reliant on paper money in the poor-house.

I'm not buying anything G. Gordon Liddy advertises. Remeber, all "bubbles" burst. Housing, Internet stocks... and at some point gold. Buy land. It's devalued right now and can be sold for whatever currency is exchanged in the future. Buy low - sell high.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

thumbs up to kasper!
    "An unloaded gun is an exspensive club"! Sig Sauer P239 DAK .40 S&W // 2nd Amend = you can carry as soon as your father says you can!

Just my 2 cents ... nobody has any real interest in a collapse, certainly not China which is floating our debt. Which means there are forces working against this sort of thing, not just for it.

If you seriously think about it ... realistically in a post apocalyptic world unless you build yourself a mountaintop fortress with walls several yards thick and it's own power plant the outlook isn't very good anyway. You can stock up on ammo and food all you want and be a crack shot but the first band of marauders is gonna get you by sheer numbers. I love this country for the fact that I can own some serious firepower to defend myself but it dawned on me WELL SO CAN EVERYBODY ELSE. The problem just is all the stuff that you can pile up will simply be taken by somebody else. Unless you have already figured out how to organize your subdivision into a STHF militia and even then I have my doubts.

And precious metals, IE: silver, took a nose dive on Friday. Lost 7% + in one gulp.

Silver prices: Silver prices keep tumbling - Los Angeles Times

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    If you seriously think about it ... realistically in a post apocalyptic world unless you build yourself a mountaintop fortress with walls several yards thick and it's own power plant the outlook isn't very good anyway. You can stock up on ammo and food all you want and be a crack shot but the first band of marauders is gonna get you by sheer numbers. I love this country for the fact that I can own some serious firepower to defend myself but it dawned on me WELL SO CAN EVERYBODY ELSE. The problem just is all the stuff that you can pile up will simply be taken by somebody else. Unless you have already figured out how to organize your subdivision into a STHF militia and even then I have my doubts.
    I 100% agree with you. I've been saying this to many of the survivalist groups, and every time I do, I get attacked and accused of being someone who has given up before the battle even starts, a defeatist not willing to take a stance to overcome the enemy,etc.,etc.,etc. Also because I'm a Christian, nothing is more clear to me concerning whats happening today than is outlined in the Bible. I don't want to start any religious debate, just to point out however to those here that are also believers, what God says about putting "faith" in gold & silver in reference to the time we are living in, and in the very near future. James 5:1-3..."Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you. Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. Your gold & silver have corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the LAST DAYS".

I believe that a collapse is inevitable. We have an outstanding debt of over 14 trillion dollars that is impossible to overcome. The borrower is slave to the lender, our nation is no longer in control of our nation. And to the Christians here knowing what God has said about dividing Jerusalem in the Last Days, please be aware that under pressure from the Obama administration, the EU & the UN are DEMANDING that Israel divide Jerusalem on or before Sept.2011, giving the Palestinians a nation to be recognized by the International community. This is equivalent to national suicide for Israel. Should this happen, the world as we know it will cease to exist. For God has said that those nations that "burden" themselves (divide) with Jerusalem in these Last Days, HE/God will smash them into pieces. This situation is too dangerous to ignore. Peace.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Gold/silver can be used.. Cant be used... Is a good buy, or a bad buy... I guess if all else fails, gold and silver can be melted down and made into bullets for those who reload.
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

Very well said. I agree and am a believer. I'm just trying to help my family and friends help make our lives just a little comfortable when the coming arrives. It saddens me to see our world suffer from ignorance. We, by no means are rich. I was fortunate to come into some cash and decided to protect my purcahsing power with some gold & silver.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast