Mexico wants to sue gun makers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mexico wants to sue gun makers

Exclamation Mexico wants to sue gun makers

CBS News has learned that the Mexican Government has retained an American law firm to explore filing civil charges against U.S. gun manufacturers and distributors over the flood of guns crossing the border into Mexico.

Sources say Mexico's frustration with U.S. efforts to stop the flow of weapons has pushed them into this novel approach. The law firm is looking at charges that may include civil RICO. The contract was signed on November 2, 2010 by a representative of Mexico's Attorney General, at their Washington embassy.

On November 5, 2010 President Felipe Calderon expressed his frustration to CBS News correspondent Peter Greenberg: "We seized more than 90,000 weapons...I am talking like 50,000 assault weapons, AR -5 machine guns, more than 8,000 grenades and almost 10 million bullets. Amazing figures and according to all those cases, the ones we are able to track, most of these are American weapons."

read the rest here...
    Mexico wants to sue U.S. gun makers - CBS News Investigates - CBS News
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I would really love it if they would let the numbers and facts be checked by a reliable source before I could even begin to believe anything out of that government. WHy don't they just let us close the border to Mexico and solve the problem.

They are just trying to shift blame to the US.

Sure if we can sue them for the millions of unwanted illegals they openly allow to cross the boarder,
    for the drug lords,
    for the people that are murdered on our side of the boarder because of their drug lords,
    for their government officials that have stolen US guns from their own armory's and sold them to the drug lords,
    for the guns their criminals steal for the US and ferret back to Mexico
    for the autos their criminals steel from the US and ferret back to Mexico
    for the many crimes committed by their people against US citizens,
    including but not limited to robbery, rape,
    murder, and assault,
    for their lack of policing their own boarder allowing this crap to continue to happen on a daily basis,
    for the hundreds of millions of dollars the illegals cost our Medial systems,
    for the hundreds of millions of dollars the illegals get in social benefits,
    for the pain, anguish and suffering that all the above causes the US citizens.....

Sure if they want to open that can of worms bring it on!!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Yeah, and I want to sue Mexico.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Yeah, and I want to sue Mexico.
    Mexico is the scum-bag of the world. Suing them is WAY at the bottom of my list of things I'd like to do to Mexico.

You have got to be kidding me
    NRA Life Member

"Why do the blind lead the seeing?"

From an email from the NRA:

In another chapter in the ongoing attempt to blame the American gun community for Mexico's internal strife, CBS News reports that the Mexican government has retained the New York City-based law firm of Reid Collins & Tsai to examine its options for suing U.S. gun manufacturers and distributors. This report describes Mexico's actions as a "novel approach," in reality, such lawsuits have been used for decades as a tactic by anti-gun groups and governments in their attempts to bankrupt gun manufacturers and circumvent the political process.

That's why Congress passed the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act" in 2005. This act protects firearms manufacturers, distributors, dealers and importers from suits brought about as a result of "the harm solely caused by the criminal or unlawful misuse of firearm products or ammunition products by others when the product functioned as designed and intended." The outlook for a Mexican government suit looks dim; since the PLCAA was signed into law by President George W. Bush on Oct. 26, 2005, no federal court has allowed such a suit by a government plaintiff to go forward against a U.S. firearms manufacturer.

I have read about that claim before ... the problem is that most guns they CAN'T trace back so how many of the ones they can came from the US is a dubious point at best.

Besides, where exactly are the drug dealers buying full auto weapons in the US? Machine guns? And why would they buy all that at retail in the US to begin with? Those things come from South America.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Besides, where exactly are the drug dealers buying full auto weapons in the US?
    Recent news articles have shown that the drug dealers are buying many of their weapons from BATFE.
    NRA-ILA :: BATFE scandal, Who knew, and how high up?

However, if Obama has his way, we won't be able to make the good deals that the Mexican Drug Cartels get. He's nominated an "anti-gun" nut for director of BATFE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast