virginian pilot article

Thread: virginian pilot article

virginian pilot article

the virginion pilot has composed a 4 part article on the gun control debate. whats everyones take on this?

http://hamptonroads.com/pilot/news/guns

Is this the Pilot?

Read it in this mornings paper. Kind of a suprising article coming from the Pilot. I am working on an opinion piece for submission. Any input would be appreciated.
    Jim
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."
    Yoshimi Ishikawa

Seemed somewhat balanced

I was pleased to see that it had actual content and not the typical anti gun stuff. It seems to be an honest attempt to understand all sides of the issue and not try to give the usual "no guns for civvies' answer.

Quote Originally Posted by sig229 View Post
    I was pleased to see that it had actual content and not the typical anti gun stuff. It seems to be an honest attempt to understand all sides of the issue and not try to give the usual "no guns for civvies' answer.
    with this article and the recent CNN article it seems people are finnally starting to see that more gun laws doesnt = less gun crime. should the supreme court not put backbone to the second ammendment i would hate to think about what will happen next. will the govt attempt to confiscate our guns, if so who will they send to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    with this article and the recent CNN article it seems people are finnally starting to see that more gun laws doesnt = less gun crime. should the supreme court not put backbone to the second ammendment i would hate to think about what will happen next. will the govt attempt to confiscate our guns, if so who will they send to do it?
    That CNN thing was Glenn Beck. He's pretty much CNN's black sheep. I've you've never heard, or heard of, him, he's a staunch conservative. Usually, he's quite a pleasure to watch or listen to on the radio.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I read this article too and was surprised. I thought it was a fair and balanced article. Hopefully more Virginians will wake up and realize that us that carry aren't going to back down. :icon_razz:

The Canadians are legally allowed on our soil now in time of marshel law. Agreement signed by Presedent Bush last week. I'm sure the UN would be glad to sent troops to disarm us.