Nevada: Call To Action - Please Oppose AB 282 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nevada: Call To Action - Please Oppose AB 282

I find it interesting that Bohemian, who spends most of his time bashing the NRA, uses the NRA-ILA alerts whenever it suits him. I guess he is wrong about the NRA being a do nothing organization. Just like when the Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund sponcered Even Nappen to defend Brian Aitken in a recent case in NJ, Bohemian's comment was "Where is the NRA in this case?" Hint they were funding his attorney's fees.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I find it interesting that Bohemian, who spends most of his time bashing the NRA, uses the NRA-ILA alerts whenever it suits him. I guess he is wrong about the NRA being a do nothing organization. Just like when the Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund sponcered Even Nappen to defend Brian Aitken in a recent case in NJ, Bohemian's comment was "Where is the NRA in this case?" Hint they were funding his attorney's fees.
    I find it interesting that you feel it necessary to continue to revisit things I have clearly answered, and provided documentation to the fact that in the scenario you keep re-hashing one wing of the NRA did not know what the other was doing...
    Notwithstanding, the NRA has let us down when it counted more often than not...
    The NRA Continues To Compromise On The Second Amendment:
    https://www.usacarry.com/forums/fire...amendment.html

Further, that I have provided both the NRA & the GOA alerts in this specific threads and others...

It serves no purpose to crap on this thread or others...
    LET IT GO...

Back to the intent of THIS thread please...

AMENDING NEVADA'S AB-282

there are plenty of existing threads on this forum alone; as to the NRA's well-known sell-outs take the debate there, and leave the personal attacks & insults out...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Move to Arizona, problem solved.
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel that is different from the one we preached to you, may he be condemned to HELL!
    (Galatians 1:8)

I never hear the antis berating the GOA lobbyists for defeating their nefarious gun grabbing.

I do hear of GOA and its leaders doing keynote addresses at white supremacist conventions.

I remember the GOA group (OFF?) guy going up to the speaker of the Oregon House (Vera Katz) and flashing a swastika at her and saying "We're gonna get you too Vera!" Vera Katz is a holocaust survivor and didn't appreciate this at all.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    I never hear the antis berating the GOA lobbyists for defeating their nefarious gun grabbing.

I do hear of GOA and its leaders doing keynote addresses at white supremacist conventions.

I remember the GOA group (OFF?) guy going up to the speaker of the Oregon House (Vera Katz) and flashing a swastika at her and saying "We're gonna get you too Vera!" Vera Katz is a holocaust survivor and didn't appreciate this at all.

-Doc
    Again, off topic... but I (and I am sure others) would welcome a debate (New and Separate Thread) with some concrete evidence to support your claims herein; which I personally find specious, and ludicrous although I will gladly acquiesce given some verifiable primary source(s) to the contrary ...
    While the NRA's long history of sell-outs are many and well-sourced, I have found none to-date by the GOA...

Amending/Opposing Nevada's AB-282 is the intended topic of THIS thread...

thanks in advance.

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Nevada Omnibus Pro-Gun Bill Goes to Conference Committee
    Please contact members of the conference committee TODAY!

On Friday, May 27, the state Assembly voted to NOT CONCUR with the Senate amendment to Assembly Bill 282 that would have restored the non-refundable fee of $25.00 that a county sheriff can charge in the issuance of concealed carry weapons permit renewals. A conference committee will now be formed to iron out the differences between the state Assembly and the Senate.

The conferees are typically chosen from the state Senate and Assembly Judiciary Committees who hear the concerns of the bill by both chambers. If there is consensus, the agreed upon language will again go to each body for a final vote. The state Assembly conferees consist of the Assembly Speaker, John Oceguera, who has assigned himself to the conference committee, as well as the Assembly Minority Leader, Pete Goicoechea. Assemblyman William Horne is the Chairman of the Assembly Judiciary Committee.

Please contact members of the conference committee as soon as possible urging them to support AB 282 with the non-refundable $25.00 fee cap and that the costs associated with the background investigations on permits be spelled out in the statute to protect Nevada's gun owners. The 2011 Nevada legislative session ends on Monday, June 6, so time is running out to move this measure forward!

AB 282 is a pro-gun omnibus measure that would:

1.ensure that Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) permit holders’ names and addresses remain confidential;

2.revise Nevada state law to allow the carrying of any semi-automatic pistol, like you can with a revolver, once you have qualified for a CCW permit with a semi-automatic pistol;

3.allow carrying of firearms in Nevada state parks; and

4.statutorily mandate a background investigation (which is currently being done by all Nevada sheriffs) for CCW permit renewals for the purpose of reinstating the National Instant Background Check System (NICS) exemption for Nevada, thus ensuring that permit holders do not have to go through a point-of-contact check for every firearm purchased, as long as the CCW permit is valid.

Members of the Conference Committee:

Speaker John Oceguera
    (775) 684-8595
    [email protected]

Assemblyman Pete Goicoechea
    (775) 684-8573
    [email protected]

Assemblyman William Horne
    (775) 684-8847
    [email protected]

Senator Mike McGinness
    (775) 684-1442
    [email protected]

This alert is posted to www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6850

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I find it interesting that you feel it necessary to continue to revisit things I have clearly answered, and provided documentation to the fact that in the scenario you keep re-hashing one wing of the NRA did not know what the other was doing...
    Notwithstanding, the NRA has let us down when it counted more often than not...
    Actually what it shows is that you never contacted the NRA on this issue. You could have listenned to any number of radio broadcasts through the NRANEWS website or their broadcasts on Sirius-XM radio. Even Nappen regularly apears on the "Cam and Company" show as well as "The Daily News with Ginny Simone" and has talked about the Brian Aitken case quite extensively. But you obviously did not do that. You could have gone the the NRA Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund website and seen the list of cases that the NRA is actively persuing. But you clearly did not do that either. You could have used the "Talk-Back Live" instant messaging feature on the NRANEWS website durring the "Cam and Company" show and asked about the Brian Aitken case. But you clearly did not do that either. Instead you made an unsubstanciated claim that you contacted the NRA somehow so that you could bash them for not being involved in this case when in fact they were. And you were called out on it. It is obvious from your posting that you never contacted the NRA on this matter and decided to spout some Bravo-Sierra about the NRA doing nothing.

It serves no purpose to crap on this thread or others...
    LET IT GO...
    Actually it does. The NRA has long been a media outlet that has let gunowners become aware of gun related issues as they come up. You seem to be OK with biting the hand that feeds you.

and leave the personal attacks & insults out...
    No one is insulting or personally attacking you. Facts are being pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Me neither, because it just isn't happening. GOA has let us down more often than not. GOA wasn't funding Brian Aitken's legal costs. GOA was not involved in the Nordyke vs. King case. And is GOA keeping an eye on the UN "Program of Action on Small Arms and Light Weapons"? GOA is honestly dropping the ball on a lot of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Again, please stop thread crapping on this thread with unrelated drivel and unsubstantiated conjecture.

GOA Not Involved in Nordyke vs. King? wrong again buddy...
    http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...2/07-15763.pdf
    http://www.gunowners.com/GOF-Nordyke-Amicus-Brief.pdf
    http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1565491.html

The International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) is an international non-governmental organization recognized by the United Nations.[1] IANSA is based in London and has over 800 member organizations in 120 countries, working to stop the proliferation and use of small arms and light weapons.[2]

The US National Rifle Association says IANSA is using the treaty as the first step in a ban on private gun ownership in the United States,[5] and also of making it easier for the world's dictatorships to oppress their own citizens.[6] The Gun Owners of America lobbying organization has been equally vocal in its criticism of IANSA.[7] (http://gunowners.org/op0624.htm http://www.health.medicbd.com/wiki/IANSA)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IANSA

You keep harping on a long settled issue; of which I provided dated & verifiable proof positive that one hand of the NRA did not know what the other was doing at the time I originally raised the applicable and long-dead issue; your failure to read the facts and primary source citations that have long been in this forums archives to say the least astounds me...

Believe what you want to believe, you are entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts...

IF you wish to debate the validity of the NRA's long standing and verifiable history of sell-outs...
    The NRA Continues To Compromise On The Second Amendment:
    https://www.usacarry.com/forums/fire...amendment.html
    Please respond with verifiable primary source citations to support your position/claims in one of the many existing threads in this forums archives; OR start your OWN applicable thread thereof...

The topic & intent of this thread is Nevada's AB-282...

Update On Nevada's AB-282 From Stillwater Firearms

SFA letter (May 30, 2011) to Conference Committee:

http://www.stillwaterfirearms.org/ph...May30_2011.pdf

The Conferrees:

Senators:

Mike McGinness (R-Central NV Dist) (Senate Minority Leader)
    [email protected]
    775-684-1442

Allison Copening (D-Clark #6) (Vice Chair, Senate Judiciary Committee)
    [email protected]
    775-684-1475

Ruben Kihuen (D-Clark #10) (Member, Senate Judiciary Committee)
    [email protected]
    775-684-1427

Assemblymen:

John Oceguera (D-#16) (Speaker of the Assembly)

[email protected]
    775-684-8595

Pete Goicoechea (R-#35) (Assembly Minority Leader)
    [email protected]
    775-684-8573

William Horne (D-#34) (Chair, Assembly Judiciary Committee)
    [email protected]
    775-684-8847

Please call/email the above conferees urging them to adopt the Senate version of AB-282 and remove the fingerprint mandate on renewal applications.

Time is of essence. The 2011 Legislature will end June 6. Things are moving fast.

Please call/email your support!

Thanks!

Nevada's Stillwater Firearms Association:
    Stillwater Firearms Association!

Related thread:
    Nevada Shooters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast