Obama: We're working on gun control 'under the radar' - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama: We're working on gun control 'under the radar'

The title doesn't fit. I can't see Obama working at all....Well maybe on his short game.

As Diane Feinstein said, "I'll pick the time and place (for the fight)." Obama won't do anything before 2012. If he's re-elected you can expect the assault on the second amendment to begin.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

2012 cannot get here soon enough.

NRA publications have been tracking Obama's "anti gun agenda" for a while now. As a result, NONE of this surprises me. Just serves as confirmation of what the NRA has been saying.

At present, we have made inroads versus Obama and his "pet" Congress in the last election. We have a ways to go, however.

1) Obama has shown over his tenure to operate free and easy with the Constitution and the body of Law that he has sworn to uphold. This would, of course, include concern over the Bill of Rights. His mode of operation, if he can't get Congress to buy into his agenda, is to make Executive "Orders" which have the effect of Law.

2) If he makes an Executive Order that violates the Constitution/Bill of Rights, these can be challanged up to the Supreme Court. However, this can take years. In a worst case "anti gun" proclamation, we won't HAVE years. Worse, we are but one "Liberal" Supreme Court apointment away from having Obama with a "Pet" Court, too.

The way I see it, this next election is critical to our Rights. Things that must be done:

1) Sustain or increase the Conservative control of the House.

2) Obtain a majority in the Senate. (Of note: The Dems have a LOT more seats to defend this coming election than the Reps do.)

3) Defeat Obama. (Barring that [seeing that the Reps have NO "front runner" worthy of note at present], we can at least minimize his effectiveness, if reelected, by control of the Congress. (Just like Clinton's "dog days".)

4) Support the ideals of the "Tea Party" and keep your present Congresscritters' feet to the fire. Write, gripe, editorialize, criticise...... whatever it takes to get them working for us again, rather than for and to the whiner, Lib coalition of catatrosphy that seems to have the only major media voice these days.

So let it be written! So let it be done!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

He's working on gun control under the radar while much of the country is working on electing a new president.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    The way I see it, this next election is critical to our Rights. Things that must be done:

1) Sustain or increase the Conservative control of the House.

2) Obtain a majority in the Senate. (Of note: The Dems have a LOT more seats to defend this coming election than the Reps do.)

3) Defeat Obama. (Barring that [seeing that the Reps have NO "front runner" worthy of note at present], we can at least minimize his effectiveness, if reelected, by control of the Congress. (Just like Clinton's "dog days".)

4) Support the ideals of the "Tea Party" and keep your present Congresscritters' feet to the fire. Write, gripe, editorialize, criticise...... whatever it takes to get them working for us again, rather than for and to the whiner, Lib coalition of catatrosphy that seems to have the only major media voice these days.

So let it be written! So let it be done!

GG
    Yes, yes, yes and yes.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Ohio man goes on shooting rampage, 8 dead. Another nut grabs a tool (gun) and goes nuts because he's mad at his girl friend. More ammo for the gun grabbers. Pun intended.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

9. The media hardly says a thing about fast and furious, why would they mention anything that pertains to gun grabbing?

I'll say it again, buy your guns & ammo now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12