Let's do something for our Vets!!!!

Thread: Let's do something for our Vets!!!!

Exclamation Let's do something for our Vets!!!!

Please send the following letter to every elected official you have. Lets stop the military funeral protesters in their tracks before something truly bad happens to people on either side of this topic. In this manner the Westboro Baptist Church must cease and desist as well as other people who just love to stir the pot.

Sir,
    It has come to our attention that a particular group of individuals is heavily involved in what can only be considered hate speech and dishonoring our fallen veterans who have defended with their last dying breath the right for all Americans to have freedom of speech. I beg of you to move a quickly as possible to place into affect a law banning all protests at military funerals or within 1 mile of any funeral activities. The families of the fallen deserve the right to bury their dead and make peace with God for their loss. It is their son's and daughters who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms and I would hope that we would honor that sacrifice with all the respect and dignity we can muster.
    Sincerely,
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

As soon as you start labeling anything as “hate speech” and therefore not protected under the First Amendment you are on the road to a country that has no freedom of speech at all.
    Americans have the right to protest and to freely express their point of view, as a vet I can’t support this
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    As soon as you start labeling anything as “hate speech” and therefore not protected under the First Amendment you are on the road to a country that has no freedom of speech at all.
    Americans have the right to protest and to freely express their point of view, as a vet I can’t support this
    +1 on that. We cannot disrespect the veterans who died to protect our freedoms by abandoning our freedoms.

And even though I agree with you, I don't agree with what they do. It is a slippery slope when you take away freedom of speech from any one group. I think a ban on all protests within 1000 ft of a funeral or its route would be the best thing that could be done.

While I agree with the thought that labeling something as hate speech is a very slippery slope, The law is already in place thanks to the gay and lesbian rights special interest groups. The signs and chants the Westboro Babtist Church uses to disrupt funerals clearly fall into the category of speech as defined by the law as enacted. I am not calling for their censorship I am merely calling for there freedom of speech to be carried out at a respectful distance much as a restraining order. In this manner the families can then file lawsuits of their own and put the protesters out of business. They are lawyers so fight fire with fire. Beat them at their own game. Break the bank of the antagonists by dragging them into court again and again and hold them accountable for their actions. When they get out of line find a hardnose hardline conservative job who will lock them up for contempt as prescribed by law!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Dragging these people into court is a victory in their eyes, because it gets more media exposure.

Agreed and seconded!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

However, STILL have to stifle the urge to kick their collective asses when I see them pull their smarmy crap.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    However, STILL have to stifle the urge to kick their collective asses when I see them pull their smarmy crap.
    That is understandable. However if one of these folks were to get attacked, it would play into their cause. The way to beat these people is to be more offensive to them. Supporting the repeal of "Don't ask, don't tell" should be a priority for everyone who is offended by this group's actions. Finding someone brave enough to sue the government and get the "Defense Of Mariage Act" declared unconstitutional, would be another way to get back at these people. Buying, renting, watching, owning, and enjoying Adult Films wouldn't be a bad idea either, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post

GG
    So don't stifle it. :D