Osama bin laden is dead - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Osama bin laden is dead

I read where he has been buried at sea according to muslim and islamic law. I find that strange that an entire region of sand calls for burial at sea. Maybe a convenient way of supposedly disposing of a body that doesn't exist. But at least there is no grave to become a memorial for his followers to rally around and declare him a martyr. Maybe they should have brought his head back to the US as proof.

Apparently put down with a head shot along with one of his sons, a couple couriers and a woman they were using as a human shield. And a couple more women injured, also being used as shields.

Intel must have been pretty good...appears bin Laden didn't have any significant number of armed guards around him. Ah, but a $25 mil dead or alive reward will unlock a lot of doors and cause a few guards to fall asleep on the job.

We've had a few US combatants in these current conflicts charged with doing some rather unsavory things but hiding behind women sure hadn't been on the list. Just another example of how lowly-regarded human life is in that part of the world. Hiding behind women and other non-combatants, suicide bombers, etc. I wish our public relations machine would do more to expose those bottom dwellers to be true pond scum they are.

Bet there's a lot of high-fiving taking place in the SEAL community today. Good on 'em!

And now I see the body was buried at sea. Good choice...no visible grave to mourn over. I hope the coordinates were 'lost' as well.

Now just waiting for one of the participants to write a book about the mission in 10 years or so. That's about how long it took for the full Son Tay Raid story to be told in open source.

3X PM

True or not the behavior of Americans celebrating a persons death is not good. Killing him does not bring back the people that where killed on 9/11 and who died fighting an unwinnable war on terror. All this is going to do is enrage middle east Muslims when they see footage of Americans celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden, Just as seeing them celebrating the planes crashing into the world towers piss us off. And the cycle will continue with them doing another attack.

As I have yet to hear anyone ask why we where attacked in the first place. This is the question we should be looking to answer. As for the war on terror being unwinnable, What are the conditions for declaring victory? The answer to that question has not been answered either and before going to war you should know the conditions needed to win the war you are about to start. Look at the War on drugs started in the 80's and is still being fought today due to the conditions for winning the war on drugs are not obtainable. The condition for both of these wars would be to get rid of all the "fill in the blank" and there lies the problem you can never get rid of them all due to there always being another to fill in the spot left by the dead.

So you can be happy that Osama Bin Laden was killed but his family and friends will be sadden by his death and some will seek revenge for his death and the war on terror will continue.

i dont buy it, too many disreptancies and what better way to raise obamas good standing killing the most wanted man on the planet........ just my 2 cents

6. body of proof. nuff said.

What were the 'disreptancies' [sic] you were referring to, Glockman?

3X PM

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    True or not the behavior of Americans celebrating a persons death is not good. Killing him does not bring back the people that where killed on 9/11 and who died fighting an unwinnable war on terror. All this is going to do is enrage middle east Muslims when they see footage of Americans celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden, Just as seeing them celebrating the planes crashing into the world towers piss us off. And the cycle will continue with them doing another attack.
    They will try, just like they have been for the past 10 years. The war may not be "winnable" in that you can't stop the terrorists completely but you can make life VERY hard for them.

As I have yet to hear anyone ask why we where attacked in the first place. This is the question we should be looking to answer. As for the war on terror being unwinnable, What are the conditions for declaring victory? The answer to that question has not been answered either and before going to war you should know the conditions needed to win the war you are about to start. Look at the War on drugs started in the 80's and is still being fought today due to the conditions for winning the war on drugs are not obtainable. The condition for both of these wars would be to get rid of all the "fill in the blank" and there lies the problem you can never get rid of them all due to there always being another to fill in the spot left by the dead.
    Simple - because we don't believe the way they do. We don't believe in Shiara law or in killing all Christians. The radicals are very intolerant of people who don't believe in these things.

So you can be happy that Osama Bin Laden was killed but his family and friends will be sadden by his death and some will seek revenge for his death and the war on terror will continue.
    This is unavoidable, but if a nation is attacked they have to go after the person or country responsible. Otherwise we invite more attacks. Bin Laden was a hero to the radicals who are the most vocal and active proponents of Jihad. Many likely believed he was untouchable. I guess they were wrong. Many will claim he is a Martyr but there isn't anything that can be done about that.

And I am not happy about OBL's death. Ecstatic would be a better term.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    And now I see the body was buried at sea. Good choice...no visible grave to mourn over. I hope the coordinates were 'lost' as well.
    Hopefully they chummed the waters first. Personally I would have dumped it during the scheduled garbage dump (if the Navy still does that).

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I read where he has been buried at sea according to muslim and islamic law. I find that strange that an entire region of sand calls for burial at sea. Maybe a convenient way of supposedly disposing of a body that doesn't exist. But at least there is no grave to become a memorial for his followers to rally around and declare him a martyr. Maybe they should have brought his head back to the US as proof.
    Thats what I've been saying. I just don't buy it at all. This is one thing I really do want proof on. Take him to sea world and feed his body to the killer whales if they want to have a burial at sea. But then again, I don't want the whales getting an upset stomach over eating crap.
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Not sure on that one, but we can take his CCW Badge away.
    Seriously, first we went to Iraq to get WMDs, none were found (doesn't mean there weren't any)
    Then it was all about gettinh Saddam, done.
    Then it was about finding Bin Laden also done

We did everything we supposedly set out to do support the the troops bring them home!
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast