Osama bin laden is dead - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Osama bin laden is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    I was expecting to hear a version of "Ding! Dong! The witch is dead!" coming out of them at any moment. GG

Funny, that's the first thing that went through my mind too
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    ... but you can make life VERY hard for them...
    I am just glad that the SEALs made life very gone for one of them.

BinLaden is now with some people he has never seen. Like Adolf Hitler. I understand it is very hot where he is and he wont have any air-conditioning either. There is an old saying 'what goes around comes around' and the payback is usually a mother-bear. Or in this case a well armed Navy seal. God bless our troops!

It's too bad that the Navy Seals didn't take along a very large, fresh hog carcass so they could stuff bin Laden's body into it before they dropped it overboard.
    Charlie

My daughter has a friend who has a friend in Pakistan. Her friend says that the Pakistani news is reporting that they, the Pakistanis, conducted the raid and only informed the US about it after they had finished the job.
    Charlie

If you believe that, Charlie, I've got some cheap swampland for sale you'll likely be interested in.

3X PM

More for Charlie who reports and apparently believes this was a Pakistani op based on third-hand hearsay. The Washington Post quoting a Pakistani official:

...the raid was “based on intelligence input from us” but Pakistan did not participate. The discovery that bin Laden was living close to Pakistani military installations was embarrassing “to an extent, yes,” the official said. “Had we known, we would have taken him out.”
    I'm sure there's a lot more to be revealed about the extent of the Pakistani "intelligence input" which I'll bet my next paycheck wasn't considered reliable enough to even be used by the CIA and JSOC planners, not to mention the shooters.

It'll be interesting to see the Pakistanis explain how such an elaborate and highly-fortified compound could have been constructed in an affluent neighborhood populated with high-ranking political and military members without anyone in the Pakistani intelligence community having any knowledge of it. Yea, right.

I'm not an Obama supporter but I'm certainly more than willing to give him credit for a gutsy mission approval call which succeeded. Too often, we only hear about the failures...Son Tay Raid, Desert One, Black Hawk Down, etc. but these highly-trained counterterrorism teams have a lot of mission successes which the media never finds out about and never gets reported.

Now stand by for a bump in Obama's popularity polling numbers. Question is, will it last into the 2012 election cycle?

3X PM

I don't think that Charlie said that he believed it only that it was being reported over there that it was Pakistani forces that took him out. If you think the news media in the US is biased then you need to hear the news reports in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    My daughter has a friend who has a friend in Pakistan. Her friend says that the Pakistani news is reporting that they, the Pakistanis, conducted the raid and only informed the US about it after they had finished the job.
    Considering the raid was actually successful, I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on that one.

IMO Pakistan's got some 'splainin' to do regarding how he was actually living there for that long without being noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoraRebel View Post
    The article loses its credibility from the gitgo. I don't believe they could have done it so secretly from a Paki base.

I am jealous that I didn't get to kill him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast