Florida House Approves Bill on Doctors' Gun Talk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida House Approves Bill on Doctors' Gun Talk

Thumbs up Florida House Approves Bill on Doctors' Gun Talk

NRA Life Memeber, GOA, CCRKBA, SAF, OPHA, OFBA, FTA

Chickasaw/Choctaw Indian

"A bill sparked by a pediatrician who told a mother to find another doctor when she refused to answer questions about guns in her home has passed the Florida House on Tuesday."

He may feel a personal need or a mandate from the AMA to express his opinion but no patient is required by any law to listen. In NYS he would be subject to discipline under S6530 of the NYS Education Law (Refusing medical care to a patient in immediate need of such without making prior arrangements). In NYS he may not dismiss a patient without reason and must ensure continuity of care before doing so. The punishment could range from censure to suspension of his license.

For the reccord, just lie to the doctor. There's no law requiring you to tell the truth regarding such an issue. You're not under oath. Everyone just tell the pediatrician there are no guns in the home and end the conversation. We can't argue with every jerk. My dad always said if you feel the need to bang every idiot on the head you'll spend your life banging idiots on the head. Personally, I have bigger things on my plate.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Glad to hear it. Now, should this become an issue elsewhere we have a strong precidence(spelling?) for argument in our favor.

Yeah a damn gun in my house don't have nothing to do with my runny nose!! DUH I agree just tell them you don't own any guns!
    NRA Life Memeber, GOA, CCRKBA, SAF, OPHA, OFBA, FTA

Chickasaw/Choctaw Indian

I would tell the doctor that I don't disclose my personal business, be it politics, religion or otherwise outside our home and family members and leave it at that. I refuse to lie, that's my choice.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Is there a better link to the artcle? I can't seem to make this one work...

Treat me for my illness or disease. If I want a Doctors advice I'll ask it. Otherwise, do your job and move on to your next patient. Can't believe FLA needs to pass a Law like this. Although unless this MaoBama Care gets thrown out. It's going to be a regular in all State Legislators.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

That link is dead. Even when I do a Google News search for the story, that link is the top return and it dead from there as well.

The second return is this: ThinkProgress Florida Bill Will Come ‘Between Doctors And Patients’ By Prohibiting Pediatricians From Asking About Guns

Needless to say, Think Progress is opposed to this bill.

Fact is, if the issue of pediatricians asking about guns in the home is to help avoid childhood injury and death, that can easily be accomplished by having a simple brochure in the brochure rack on the wall in the waiting room and nixing the invasive questions, per this FL law, and remaining in compliance with same.

The TP (wow, what an appropriate name) article above makes a prediction of blood running waist deep in the nurseries, just like the Left's prognostications of blood running waist deep in the storm drains over FL's liberalization of gun carry laws way back when. I look forward to seeing just how incorrect this prediction will turn out to be.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Can someone explain how we have gotten to the point that we need legislation passed because a dr asked a patient a question? I am sorry, but whoever this patient was should move on and get over what obviously was a shattering experience to them.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Can someone explain how we have gotten to the point that we need legislation passed because a dr asked a patient a question? I am sorry, but whoever this patient was should move on and get over what obviously was a shattering experience to them.
    The problem with this issue is that doctors are starting to do this with more frequency and becoming involved in areas of our lives in which they have no business. If some action isn't taken to nip it in the bud, they will infringe more and more into our lives. With the new health care program, this information could be reported to the government under the guise of looking out for our welfare or some other off the wall program. The more information we freely give out, the more problems we will be bringing on ourselves and letting others control our lives. Personally, I think we should have less government control and more personal freedoms. Once our freedoms are gone, we will not be able to get them back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast