Republican 1st round debate behind us!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Republican 1st round debate behind us!

Republican 1st round debate behind us!

My vote goes to Herman Cain as winner of this round. Business man, good NEW ideas of how to cure this disease called Obama And he backs the Fair Tax!

Got to wonder why the "Big Hittersweren'tnt there. No candidatete ever went on to win the Republican nod without first winning South Carolina and the supposeded heavy hitters didn't even show? Got to wonder where their strategy starts.

3. RonPaul!

I agree on Herman Cain, seems he's not afraid to tell it like it is. As for the republican party, they need to stop taking advice from the democrats. They are the enemy. Who takes advice from their enemy. Hello, do you enjoy losing. Wake up republicans, time to take the bull by the horns and stop taking advice from the ones you are trying to defeat.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

5. I have been listening to Herman Cain for Two years. I would vote for him in a heartbeat. The only problem that I see is that he is too White for your typical Black voter. This man has one hell of a resume…I hope can make it happen.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

6. Ron Paul, he supports our Constitution, is a Conservative, and has the voting record to prove it. For those who have not, please check his voting record. I would like to see a Ron Paul-Allen West ticket. I also liked Herman Cain but was worried about him running the Federal Reserve in Kansas. When he made the statement that we do not need to audit the Federal Reserve, he lost me as a constituent.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Ron Paul, he supports our Constitution, is a Conservative, and has the voting record to prove it. For those who have not, please check his voting record. I would like to see a Ron Paul-Allen West ticket. I also liked Herman Cain but was worried about him running the Federal Reserve in Kansas. When he made the statement that we do not need to audit the Federal Reserve, he lost me as a constituent.

X2, although I need to do more research on a VP candidate. If we vote someone from the "federal" reserve, we may as well just vote for nobammy.

Mr. Paul has NEVER voted to raise any tax.
    George Washington: “They may pass a law to issue paper money, but 20 laws will not make the people receive it. Paper money is founded upon fraud and knavery.”

8. I liked the responses of both Herman Cain and Ron Paul, but I favor Cain because I think he actually has a better chance of election. I believe that the Democrats will continue to dismiss Ron Paul as the crazy old guy with the whacky ideas (apparently policy positions based on the Constitution are now considered radical). The Democrats would have to be very careful in responding to Mr. Cain's positions. Accusations of "racism" can swing both ways and they cannot afford to alienate, or even more threatening, activate the black vote in his favor. I think Mr. Cain is very logical and has something missing in Washington for a long time---common sense. One minor gripe about the debate. I was disappointed that not one participant refused to vote "with with a raised hand" about some very important issues. I would have loved to have heard one of them say "I will not vote on such critical issues with a raised hand. The American people deserve to hear an active and robust debate on these critical issues and the reasons for my stand on these issues." These guys want to lead the country but can't start by leading from the podium? How does everyone feel about Rick Santorum? I don't know enough about his history but thought he did ok in the debate. I didn't like Tim Pawlenty at all----typical politician and I think he stated at least twice that he is from humble origins and just like us hard-working Americans (am I running for President?).
    Last edited by MONTANA; 05-09-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: correct wording

I missed the debate - is it online somewhere?

Herman Cain walked away with the debate in my opinion. I heard the news this morning the Gingrich was announcing his candidacy. If the man is the Republican choice, I will need a new political party. And Obama will be re-elected for sure.

11. Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    I liked the responses of both Herman Cain and Ron Paul, but I favor Cain because I think he actually has a better chance of election. I believe that the Democrats will continue to dismiss Ron Paul as the crazy old guy with the whacky ideas (apparently policy positions based on the Constitution are now considered radical).
    Sadly, everyone who favors someone else because they think that Ron Paul doesn't have a chance, is the exact reason why Ron Paul wont have a chance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast