Minnesota Application for Carry Permit

Thread: Minnesota Application for Carry Permit

1. Minnesota Application for Carry Permit

I successfully completed the Carry Permit class here in Northern Minnesota and turned in my application to the Sheriffs Office in Hibbing, MN.

That was 14 days ago (10 business days) and I have yet to hear anything reguarding my permit.:huh: I understand they can stretch their reply for up to 30 calendar days. Will I test their patience by asking them the status of my carry permit application before the 30 days are up?:grr:

Thank you for any replies!

3. Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I successfully completed the Carry Permit class here in Northern Minnesota and turned in my application to the Sheriffs Office in Hibbing, MN.

That was 14 days ago (10 business days) and I have yet to hear anything reguarding my permit.:huh: I understand they can stretch their reply for up to 30 calendar days. Will I test their patience by asking them the status of my carry permit application before the 30 days are up?:grr:

Thank you for any replies!
    Whats the Hurry? They are probably doing the federal background check, fingerprints, name of first born ect ect

30 days is not too bad. Some states can take 4 months or longer. I'd just wait the 30 days out then ask about it.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Minnesota

Mine took about ten days or so. Actually I was impressed at how fast and efficiently they did it. That was about four months ago though.

If it were me I would wait out the 30 day period, before asking about the permit.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Wow...Thats much shorter than when I applied during the big crunch here in Utah. It took about 80 days or so before my check was deposited and then the permit arrived. Don't worry its probably just the back ground check and levels of paperwork. I would not get worried unless 30 days pass or whats left of your application shows up in a burn bag :)
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.