Just when we thought they were making progress. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just when we thought they were making progress.

No warrant = no cooperation

It does NOT matter if you have a badge or not.... You try to infringe on ANY of my rights... I will do whatever I have to to defend those rights.

"The US Supreme Court has granted police officers increased power to enter the homes of citizens without a warrant. In an eight-to-one ruling on Monday, the Court upheld the warrantless search of a Kentucky man’s apartment after police smelled marijuana and feared those inside were destroying evidence. Writing for the majority, Justice Samuel Alito wrote that citizens are not required to grant police officers permission to enter their homes after hearing a knock, but if there is no response and the officers hear noise that suggests evidence is being destroyed, they are justified in breaking in. In her dissent, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg asserted that the ruling "arms the police with a way routinely to dishonor the Fourth Amendment’s warrant requirement in drug cases." In other legal news, Indiana’s Supreme Court has stripped citizens of the right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes. Critics of the ruling say it eliminates a common law right dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215."

Hard to believe. Now I may be forced to fire on a cop. One thing is certain, I will not give a bad guy a split second edge to kill me. By the way, "a bad guy" is anyone who crashes through my front door, or any door or window, and startles me. The 930 SPX is devastating. I am an old man, so it is what it is.

I heard on FOX News tht this is already law in nearly half of America. WTF?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Well get ready for them to take our firearms after police get killed while breaking into peoples homes. For the police have a dangerous job as it is and we need to do what ever it takes to make them feel safe while they are protecting us from harm.

I could barely type that ******** out but I know that is what they are going to say for the reason why they need to take away our firearms so police can break into peoples houses without have to worry about being shot.

6. Delayed-Notice Search Warrants Increasing

POSTED: 7:53 am MDT May 17, 2011
    UPDATED: 9:28 am MDT May 17, 2011
    ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- A special type of government search warrant that allows authorities to search homes without informing the owner for months is becoming more common, Target 7 has learned.

Imagine someone walking through your neighborhood, coming into your home and rifling through your intimate belongings.

“(They) search through your home, your dresser drawers, your computer files,” Peter Simonson, with ACLU New Mexico, said.

These search warrants don’t involve knocking on doors or any type of warning at all. Delayed-notice search warrants, or "sneak-and-peek" warrants, allow federal agents to enter your home without telling you they’ve been there until months later.

The warrants have always been around, but their use has spiked since the revamped Patriot Act in 2005. The number of delayed-notice search warrants spiked nationally from nearly 700 in fiscal year 2007 to close to 2,000 in 2009.

Upwards of 200 approved during that same three-year stretch came out of the 10th Circuit Court, which covers a handful of states including New Mexico. The majority of those delayed search warrants aren’t even for terrorism-related cases. According to the U.S. Department of Justice’s figures, the majority of the warrants are for drug cases.

“While billed as an anti-terror tool, (a sneak-and-peek warrant) had no requirements on it that it precluded it from being used in standard criminal investigations,” Simonson said.

The warrants are so secret that the New Mexico U.S. Attorney’s Office wouldn’t go on record with Target 7 about them.

The ACLU said it expects delayed-notice warrant numbers to keep growing each year as long as certain parts of the Patriot Act remain on the books.

Read more: Warrants Let Agents Enter Homes Without Owner Knowing - Albuquerque News Story - KOAT Albuquerque

And if a busybody neighbor thinks they hear screaming and possibly fighting from your home the police have the right to break in and order everyone in the house to the floor at gun point. This is supposed to be for our protection NOT

This is more evidence that all the people who say that, "All the major SCOTUS decisions are 5-4." do not know what they are talking about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12