Just when we thought they were making progress.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just when we thought they were making progress.

1. Just when we thought they were making progress.

They come out with this crap:

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

INDIANAPOLIS | Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.

If brought before the US Supreme, it will be overturned. Historically, the 4A has not been treated with such disregard. That ruling flies in direct opposition to 42USC1983, it wont stand.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Anyone entering my home without due process and warrant will have issues, if kicking down door I am assuming they mean harm to me or my family, while getting past the dogs they will be facing more serious issues coming their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Anyone entering my home without due process and warrant will have issues, if kicking down door I am assuming they mean harm to me or my family, while getting past the dogs they will be facing more serious issues coming their way.
    Same here...Fortunately where we are right now, we have wonderful men in blues. We are happy with them. And we do not think they are the types that will just barged in illegally in any house around here. They are the most respectful, sensible men you can ever find. So much to say for those that are the next county here...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Without a warrant they will be treated as any other home invader.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    If brought before the US Supreme, it will be overturned. Historically, the 4A has not been treated with such disregard. That ruling flies in direct opposition to 42USC1983, it wont stand.
    I wouldn't put too much trust in the superme court. Afterall Heller vs. D.C. wasn't a victory for second amendment rights. Read the words from the decision carefully. In home only.

http://thedeceptionalert.com/tda/?p=227

I think a bad development in American law enforcement is the proliferation of para-military SWAT teams. LAPD started the first SWAT team in the 1970's and now every little village in the U.S. has its own shock force. I understand the need for some of these teams but not below the county level. What happened to "community policing"?

The "SWAT team mentality" is fostered by justifying funding for these teams sort of like "use 'em or lose 'em", so many of them are overused in the extreme. Military uniforms are worn and military weapons and methods are used against U.S. citizens. A climate ripe for abuse and mistakes.

What happened to the idea of police officers wearing ties and being part of the community instead of wearing combat fatigues, carrying weapons that non-police citizens aren't allowed to have and acting like a foreign power invading a house?
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    +1, if ANYONE ever kicked my door in, the SOB better be real fast on the trigger, or its a pretty sure bet he would most likely never kick another door

10. I don't care what your I.D. says, if you come into my home without my authorization(uninvited) should you get past my 107 lb protection trained GSD Yukon, the next step will be your last! "I" will clean my gun and deal with the court later! If that sounds too rough for you...you best keep out!

As I posted over in LEO encounters, SOTUS kicked us to the curb Monday on Warrantless Searches. Kentucky vs King is the case. http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/10pdf/09-1272.pdf
    Last edited by S&W645; 05-17-2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: added link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast