Obama pro gun? Check out this fact. Source: Wikipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama pro gun? Check out this fact. Source: Wikipedia

Renbots Guest

Obama pro gun? Check out this fact. Source: Wikipedia

On May 22, 2009, President Barack Obama signed H.R. 627, the "Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009," into law. The bill contained an amendment introduced by Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) that prohibits the Secretary of the Interior from enacting or enforcing any regulations that restrict possession of firearms in National Parks or Wildlife Refuges, as long as the person complies with laws of the state in which the unit is found.[42] This provision was supported by the National Rifle Association and opposed by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, the National Parks Conservation Association, and the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, among other organizations.[43][44] As of February 2010 concealed handguns are for the first time legal in all but 3 of the nation's 391 national parks and wildlife refuges so long as all applicable federal, state, and local regulations are adhered to.[45] Previously firearms were allowed into parks non-concealed and unloaded.

Barry is pro second term Don't be fooled by the propaganda.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Most likely did not read it, none of the Democrats that passed health care read it.

Democrats didn't need to read the health care bill. They just had to feel good about their intentions.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Come on, if B-HO is pro gun then the Pope is pro abortion.

Barry does what's best for barry. He's a puppet with an agenda. Even his own base does trust him. Look at all the crap he promised them but didn't deliver. The guy is a joke. Never trust a snake to tell you he isn't gonna bite you...

8. What follows

Of course bano is pro gun, the Pope is not a Catholic; then without a doubt black bears do not S... in the woods.

Anybody else want to continue my little diatribe?

Reagan supported gun control and signed gun control legislation. Bush I supported the AWB. Bush II sent Bolton to the UN to say no to a small arms treaty, but gave us the PATRIOT Act. BHO signed NP carry, guns in baggage on Amtrak, and IIRC some other pro-gun legislation. You do the math.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18
    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

You know if Brady would have been stabed in the head with a steak knife, we would all now be eating steak with our hands and bitting into it and tearing off chunks of meat to chew!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Reagan supported gun control and signed gun control legislation. Bush I supported the AWB. Bush II sent Bolton to the UN to say no to a small arms treaty, but gave us the PATRIOT Act. BHO signed NP carry, guns in baggage on Amtrak, and IIRC some other pro-gun legislation. You do the math.
    You need the right numbers to do math. Obama didn't sign any legislation for national parks carry or guns in Amtrack baggage. He signed a credit card bill that just happened to have a national parks carry amendment and a transportation appropriations bill that just happened to have a guns in Amtrack baggage amendment. If he had had line item veto, he would have vetoed both of those amendments. We shouldn't give politicians credit for signing or passing legislation that they publicly and/or obviously oppose.

As for Reagan, I assume you mean the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 and what it did to the NFA registry. Many people mistakenly try to saddle him with the Brady Bill, but the Brady Bill didn't pass until Clinton was in office. Reagan made some speeches in support of it, but they were mainly in the context of the background checks and Jim Brady in particular, not the waiting period.

The Patriot Act had nothing to do with gun control.

I agree about Bush I. The AWB was an incredibly stupid idea.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast