AOL National Poll - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AOL National Poll

I voted to favor. It's still 50% favor, 45% not, 5% unsure.

On another note, I hate AOL - they're thieves. I used to work there, and if you have an account, I'd advise you to cancel it and get another ISP.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

New Results

Attachment 38

new results
    Jim
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."
    Yoshimi Ishikawa

Bias

Considering the average youth and liberal bias of most on-line pols, I think it's miraculous that the pro position is ahead by any percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wgtx View Post
    Considering the average youth and liberal bias of most on-line pols, I think it's miraculous that the pro position is ahead by any percentage.
    Neither youth nor technology necessarily equals an anti-gun bias...at least in my experience. :huh: I have plenty of both.

Late Thursday, the poll shows 50% Yea, 45% Nay - looking better, but still shows a whole lot of ignorance out there. :1d73:
    sailor

It's:
    Yea 50%
    Nay 45%
    Don't know 5% at 2138 hrs PST

Poll still running

I favor it 50% 13,901
    I oppose it 45% 12,565
    Not sure 5% 1,417
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

13901 votes is actually 49.9% of the 27883 total. If no one voted "no", we would need about 320 more to make 51%. As the total number of votes grows, it becomes more difficult for either side to make a percentage change. The initial 5% surge in our favor was likely due to a large number of favorable votes in light of awareness of the poll.

While these polls do little to influence policy directly, I think it is important to maintain an effective "presence" in things like this. Many people are simply influenced by what they think other people's opinions are.

I'm curious though as to how many of these 13,901 (now more) people in favor of on-campus concealed carry are actually CWP holders and can use a gun competently, and how many are "mall ninjas". Too often it seems like people buy guns or generators after events like 9/11 or school shootings, without putting much thought into training, or how they would actually put such a thing into use.

I voted still 50% yes 45% no and 5% undecided.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

favor %50
    oppose %45
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12