AOL National Poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOL National Poll

AOL National Poll

AOL is running a main screen poll concerning the AZ bill to allow on-campus carry.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/state-b...00010000000001

Do what you gotta'.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Wow its close!

50% Oppose it
    45% Favor it
    5% Not Sure

I just don't get the problem with college campus carry. I mean they can carry almost every other place without issue but if they come on campus they become a blood thirtsy killer?? If anything that probably the must high risk place they visited that day!

This Mr. Boice in the article seems to be a bit misled:

"But Mr. Boice said he believed security and a system of alerting people about crises had been improved since then, and he worried that disputes best handled by campus security could quickly turn deadly with more guns on campus.

“I grew up in the country and a lot of people had guns,” Mr. Boice said. “But my father said never carry a gun unless you are prepared to kill somebody, and I believe that.”"

His father should have explained that being prepared to kill somebody and going to kill somebody are two different things. Nothing wrong with being prepared . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 3 angels View Post
    This Mr. Boice in the article seems to be a bit misled:

"But Mr. Boice said he believed security and a system of alerting people about crises had been improved since then, and he worried that disputes best handled by campus security could quickly turn deadly with more guns on campus.

“I grew up in the country and a lot of people had guns,” Mr. Boice said. “But my father said never carry a gun unless you are prepared to kill somebody, and I believe that.”"

His father should have explained that being prepared to kill somebody and going to kill somebody are two different things. Nothing wrong with being prepared . . .
    I agree Mom! And yes security and the system of alerting people was much better with this last school shooting in Illinois but more people were shoot then at VT.

I have been asked several times by family members if I thought I could kill someone. I always tell them I'm not looking to kill anyone. They have posed a threat and I'm going to do what I need to to eliminate that threat. Nothing more nothing less.

I just sent an email to Mr. Hickman. Don't think it will do anything to change his mind, but there is hope that I may have planted a seed in his mind. If he's a true journalist, he will check out the facts and hopefully do the right thing.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

How do you feel about allowing people to carry guns on college campuses?

I favor it 49%
    I oppose it 46%
    Not sure 5%

Total Votes: 22,993

Keep up the good work, the poll has almost completely flipped from Con to Pro in the last couple of hours.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

8. Thumbs up

Nice read! Sounds like some people are starting to wake up.

I just voted in favor of allowing people to carry on campus. Poll still running 49% yea, 46% nay
    An armed society is a polite society.

How do you feel about allowing people to carry guns on college campuses?
    I favor it 49% 11,465
    I oppose it 46% 10,749
    Not sure 5% 1,207

I see the anti's are hitting the polls now.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I just voted and it now shows 50% in favor. Keep voting we are gaining ground.

be careful and be safe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast