What was I thinking? It's May 22, and we're all still here! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What was I thinking? It's May 22, and we're all still here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Churches have tried that time and time again, both in the daylight and after dark. But, as usual, the "ungodly hypocrites" in the surrounding area of these caring denominations complained about the "homeless" being attracted to their area due to Godly acts of kindness.
    Ah, I see, I had not thought of it that way and I can see your point. Working in the human service field my entire life, being a psychology major, and the fact where I live there are very large high end quality/revenue church facilities every five feet or so....I tend to get a bit frustrated that the state budget cuts have now caused our domestic violence shelter to close it's doors and other similar facilites will soon follow....just doesn't seem right...
    I am never one to place judgement upon anyone for any reason or situation, it is not my place wether I have the same religion, occupation, or anything else that relates....it is only my place to see the view from every angle and aid in efforts for improvement, no matter what the cause, my own values have no place in politics.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    "Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards"- Soren Kierkegaard
    *Daeva*

Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    Orlando actually refused a zoning permit to a homeless shelter because "other cities need to do their share first"
    "It does not take a majority to prevail...but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams
    "Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards"- Soren Kierkegaard
    *Daeva*

The tireless minority you reference is getting arrested now just for feeding them, 12 arrested in the last week for feeding the homeless downtown (it's city code that you can't feed groups over 25 downtown)

Listen people. You've gotten way off topic on this thread. Our dear Harold Camping suffered a stroke so let us now bow our heads in prayer for his speedy recovery.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    The tireless minority you reference is getting arrested now just for feeding them, 12 arrested in the last week for feeding the homeless downtown (it's city code that you can't feed groups over 25 downtown)
    Does that include breastfeeding?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123