presidential candidates

Thread: presidential candidates

1. presidential candidates

Does anyone know of a web site that you can go to and see a presidential candidates standings on the second amendment as well as other topics.

The NRA will have standing records on all the career politicians, for someone like Cain you'll have to wait for him to answer some questionnaires likely

As it stands right now. Im leaning towards either Herman Cain or Tim pawlenty.

I'm throwing my lot in with Gary Johnson's campaign, and here's why. He's pro 2nd, fiscally conservative, and not an abortion nut. I like conservatives and Pawlenty, and Cain are okay, but they feel like they have to court the ultra conservatives on the abortion issue. It really doesn't affect me one way or the other, but it's just like other personal issues. The government shouldn't have a say in it. Not in gay marriage or anything else two consenting adults want to do in the bedroom.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

And furthermore, while I'm on my soap box, California is struggling with prison overcrowding. The Supreme Court says they must release 37,000 prisoners most of whom are in prison for drugs of some sort. It's time to decriminalize drugs and treat it as the social issue it is. Make marijuana legal, and tax it. provide drug treatment for addicts, clean needles, and keep 'em out of prison if they're not a danger to others. Gary Johnson 2012
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    And furthermore, while I'm on my soap box, California is struggling with prison overcrowding. The Supreme Court says they must release 37,000 prisoners most of whom are in prison for drugs of some sort. It's time to decriminalize drugs and treat it as the social issue it is. Make marijuana legal, and tax it. provide drug treatment for addicts, clean needles, and keep 'em out of prison if they're not a danger to others. Gary Johnson 2012
    That's too logical.

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    provide drug treatment for addicts, clean needles, and keep 'em out of prison if they're not a danger to others. Gary Johnson 2012
    Yep, that's more money out of my pocket for someone else crap judgement. Supply em clean needles, how bout a warm croissant and a nice glass of juice to go with your new syringe. Treatment programs are a bust for most, recidivism rates at best are 82-87%. Even Amsterdam had to change the way they handle users over the years. FREE, always means someone is paying. Netherlands society tired of junkies stealing by way of the Gov't taxes to fund their habits.
    I agree on simple weed possession, got no problem with production of said weed for personal consumption. Not my Bag (pun intended) but it's not as bad as alcohol. Although, most times weed is a gateway drug to harder stuff. You're right, tax the crap out of it. The rest of it is merely touchy feely, do something for me defecation. Not from my pay check.
    I'd also like to see the stats on crime after 37,000 inmates are released with no job, no food no housing. What's the unemployment rate in the sunny State of Californacation?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

9. Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    I don't agree that drugs should be legal.

I do agree that the federal government has no legal authority on the matter and thus has no say in it. It is a matter for the states. I would support drug laws in my home state of NC and respect california's decision to legalize.

Way to high, just like the rest of the Country.

Not to worry though, no rush, all we have to do is beg the legislators to "extend" unemployment benefits.... again.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)