Who Do You Like For President/Vice-President In 2012? - Page 20
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Like For President/Vice-President In 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    I'm just throwing this out since no one has mentioned a running mate for Ron Paul. How about Andrew Napolitano? Has anyone has read his books, "Constitutional Chaos", "The Constitution in Exile", "A Nation of Sheep"(my favorite),"Dred Scott's Revenge", "Lies the Government Told You: Myth, Power, and Deception in American History", and last but not least, "It is Dangerous to be Right When the Government is Wrong: The Case for Personal Freedom".

Flame away.
    I like Andrew Napolitano, working on reading "It is Dangerous to be Right When the Government is Wrong" now... so far I'm liking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

3. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is to much scattered intention and want among the Republican party. Obama will be the president until 2016. So go ahead. Bash me now. Lol. I live in Oklahoma and I am a Democrat so I can take it. Lol. And by the way. I'm very pro gun and support all right to own and carry laws! Oh my! A Democrat that likes guns?! Whats the world coming to?! I think there's a bit to much paranoia over losing your guns. Even us dumbbell ol democrats know it would result in a revolt. To many gun owners in America.

Say No To Gun Ban Romney

ObamaCare or RomneyCare?

Gun Ban Obama or Gun Ban Romney?

Both have a record of trampling the Constitution & Second Amendment...

Both support the stinking "Patriot Act" and the recently passed in the middle of the night abomination known as "The National Defense Authorization Act of 2012"

Both have & will continue to trample fundamental liberty...

"Live Free or Die is the Motto of New Hampshire"

I concur, I am another Veteran & VFW Voting Freedom First, I am Voting Ron Paul.

Vote Freedom First, Vote Ron Paul, Champion of Liberty, Defender of the Constitution, and the only candidate with a Unimpeachable Constitutionally Conservative Record.

Without our Fundamental Liberty, We Have Nothing...

Ron Paul Revolution, Bring Back Our Constitution.

“I love George Washington. Except for his Foreign Policy.”
    It doesn’t take a doctorate in foreign relations to understand that U.S. policy has forged a tangled mess of contradictory alliances and obligations, and created a much more dangerous world. I’ve gradually come to accept that military intervention in foreign affairs typically causes more damage than good and that the whole concept rests on morally dubious grounds. Who am I to point a gun at another man’s head and demand he practice “democracy”?...

During the 2008 presidential campaign, I bought into the conventional wisdom on Ron Paul. He was pretty good on domestic policy, but a “nut-job” when it comes to foreign policy. But as I’ve really listened to what he says, as opposed to the media spin, and studied the world I live in today, I find he makes much more sense. Do I agree with him 100 percent? No. But I can no longer simply discount his foreign policy as quackery.

I hear this mantra all the time today. “I like that Ron Paul feller, except for his foreign policy.” I’m not even sure many who say that really understand his foreign policy positions. In fact, they line up pretty closely with stated positions of another president revered by most Americans – George Washington...

Read The Rest At:
    http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2011...oreign-policy/

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Ron Paul, Rand Paul, or Mike Lee.

True Conservative Litmus Test

True Conservative Litmus Test

• YOU OK WITH : Amnesty & Entitlements For Illegal Aliens
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : Gun & Ammo Bans.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH: Any of the Brady Bills.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : Doubling & or Tripling The National Debt, while claiming a so-called balanced budget or budget surplus.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : The "Patriot Act" & or Recently Passed in the Middle of the night abomination known as "The National Defense Authorization Act of 2012". That Obama signed into law 12/31/2011
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : Assassination of U.S. Citizens on Foreign or U.S. Soil without ever being arrested and charged with a crime.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : Some Presidential Candidates not being vetted to the same standard as the rest by each of the states prior to being allowed to participate.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : Illegal Aliens being given drivers licenses.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : No valid state or federal ID being required to vote in any election.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : Spending Priceless American Blood & Upside Down Spending being the Worlds Police, Big Brother & Welfare.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : Building Schools & Infrastructure in the Middle-East, Africa & elsewhere while ours crumbles.
    • YOUR ARE OK WITH : Deploying Troops, & Building Predator Drone Bases in the Middle-East, Africa & elsewhere while we ignore the war raging 20 miles inside our own southern border.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : Printing Trillions in worthless currency backed by air, a handshake, teleprompter and a smile.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : Bankrupting Social Security 3 times to-date.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : The Government legislating that you are entitled to anything at the expense of another.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH: The Government legislating FAIRNESS.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH: The Government legislating morality.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : Your Rights coming from Government.
    • YOU ARE OK WITH : The Second Amendment Shall Not Be Infringed... Except (insert any desired or acceptable criteria here)
    • You think any or all of the following are conservatives:
      • John McCain,
      • Mitt Romney,
      • Newt Gingrich,
      • Rick Santorum,
      • Jon Huntsman,
      • Rick Perry,
      • Chris Christie,
      • Marco Rubio,
      • Paul Ryan,
      • John Boehner,
      • Mitch McConnell,
      • Ronald Reagan.

IF your score is > 0 you are no Conservative; support the Status Quo, and You would have voted for one or more of the following:
    • Jimmy Carter,
    • Ronald Reagan,
    • H.W. Bush,
    • Bill Clinton,
    • W. Bush
    • Barack Obama.

IF your score is 0 (ZERO) You are a True Conservative; and will vote for Ron Paul in 2012, Champion of Liberty, Defender of the Constitution and the only candidate with a Unimpeachable Constitutionally Conservative Record.

"Live Free or Die is the Motto of New Hampshire"

I concur, I am another Veteran & VFW Voting Freedom First, I am Voting Ron Paul.

Without our fundamental liberty we have nothing...

Don't let the MSM & the Rino News Network Fox tell us who to vote for and who can win and who cannot win...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Jim DeMint’s Libertarian Lesson

This week, Sen. Jim DeMint offered some advice to the Republican Party: “The debate in the Republican Party needs to be between libertarians and conservatives. … There’s no longer room for moderates and liberals because we don’t have any money to spend, so I don’t want to be debating with anyone who wants to grow government.”

Rick Santorum has said: “I fight very strongly against libertarian influence within the Republican Party and the conservative movement.” Sen. DeMint says: “I’d like to see a Republican Party that embraces a lot of the libertarian ideas.” Not surprisingly, Santorum has spent most of his political career promoting big government. Not surprisingly, DeMint has spent most of his political career fighting it.

Some Republicans today continue to insist that libertarianism isn’t really conservatism. The Republicans who say this are generally the same people who felt comfortable calling George W. Bush conservative. Some of these Republicans still believe this of Bush, even though the last GOP president was one of the biggest spenders in American history, second only to Obama. These same Republicans now often say they want to protect conservatism from libertarian influence. But there can be no conservatism without libertarian influence. This is nothing new.

Probably the most popular and cited history of American conservatism, George H. Nash’s book The Conservative Intellectual Movement in America, begins in 1945 — and it begins with libertarianism. Titled “The Revolt of the Libertarians,” the second paragraph of Nash’s first chapter states, “For those who believed in the creed of old-fashioned, classical, nineteenth-century liberal individualism, 1945 was especially lonely, unpromising, and bleak. Free markets, private property, limited government, self reliance, laissez faire — it had been a long time since principles like these guided government and persuaded peoples.”

Chronicling the intellectuals who tried to rectify this bleakness, Nash begins his history with two men — economists F.A. Hayek and Ludwig von Mises — and explains how these two libertarian heroes kick-started the American conservative movement. Few actually used the word “conservatism” in 1945, a term that began to gain popularity when Russell Kirk’s book “The Conservative Mind” was published in 1953 and with the founding of William F. Buckley’s National Review in 1955. Nash notes that even Kirk, who later had his own squabbles with fellow National Review writer and libertarian Frank Meyer, was first inspired by both Hayek and Mises, writing to a friend that these men represented a “great school of economists of a much sounder and different mind.”

Nash then cites Albert Jay Nock, who published the unabashedly libertarian magazine The Freeman in the 1920s. Nash writes that “Nock came to exert a significant amount of influence on the postwar Right,” yet was so libertarian that he “verged on anarchism in his denunciations of the inherently aggrandizing State.” Noting the impression Nock made on a young Buckley, Nash explains that “it was Nockian libertarianism, in fact, which exercised the first conservative influence on the future editor of National Review.”

Nash’s entire book is a grand history of the mixture of conservatism and libertarianism, with the two often being indistinguishable. The American Spectator says of this work: “Nash’s seminal book will remind today’s hotheads that the modern conservative movement was made possible by a coalition of traditionalists and libertarians …”

When Ronald Reagan called libertarianism the “heart and soul of conservatism” in 1976, he was not citing some imaginary coalition, but recognizing American conservatism for what it had always been — a “coalition of traditionalists and libertarians” dedicated to promoting the philosophy of limited government.

Dismissing libertarianism as not real conservatism is like dismissing filet mignon as not real steak — an attempt to marginalize a particular aspect of something that many have believed to be, as Reagan did, the meat of the matter…

DeMint’s insistence that the Republican Party adopt libertarian ideas is not some bizarre retreat from conservatism, but a return to form…

Read The Rest At:
    Jim DeMint | Libertarianism | Jim DeMint's libertarian lesson | The Daily Caller

Hmmm... So much information provided in favor of Ron Paul but very little information from supporters of other candidates. Interesting.

I'm just sayin'
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Hmmm... So much information provided in favor of Ron Paul but very little information from supporters of other candidates. Interesting.

I'm just sayin'
    Pretty hard to defend the Indefensible...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Pretty hard to defend the Indefensible...
    Are you just sitting there waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting? I just popped that up a couple of minutes ago!
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

It doesn’t take a doctorate in foreign relations to understand that U.S. policy has forged a tangled mess of contradictory alliances and obligations, and created a much more dangerous world. I’ve gradually come to accept that military intervention in foreign affairs typically causes more damage than good and that the whole concept rests on morally dubious grounds. Who am I to point a gun at another man’s head and demand he practice “democracy”?

During the 2008 presidential campaign, I bought into the conventional wisdom on Ron Paul. He was pretty good on domestic policy, but a “nut-job” when it comes to foreign policy. But as I’ve really listened to what he says, as opposed to the media spin, and studied the world I live in today, I find he makes much more sense. Do I agree with him 100 percent? No. But I can no longer simply discount his foreign policy as quackery.

I hear this mantra all the time today. “I like that Ron Paul feller, except for his foreign policy.” I’m not even sure many who say that really understand his foreign policy positions. In fact, they line up pretty closely with stated positions of another president revered by most Americans – George Washington.

Read The Rest At:
    “I love George Washington. Except for his Foreign Policy.” – Tenth Amendment Center

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast