Who Do You Like For President/Vice-President In 2012? - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Like For President/Vice-President In 2012?

I like some of the suggestions so far like Perry-Palin, Bachmann and anybody, my view with Bachmann is similar to how I feel about Sarah Palin, I think they both would do well as a vice-president first, then following up as President... I don't think two women on the same ticket is a winning ticket at this point...

I liked Tim Pawlenty until I watched him endorse raising the debt ceiling in his own words on fox news a few weeks back... notwithstanding his support of continuing to burden our great-grandchildren with generational theft aka: entitlement programs such as medicare, medicaid and social security...
    Ditto with Marco Rubio ... very disappointing to say the least.

Somebody I really like is Alan Keyes !

Alan West would also be a first rate choice IMHO...

I like Ron Paul but I don't think he is going to run again, one he is too old and two he said he was not going to...
    I think we can expect and should demand a Rand Paul 2016 run...

I agree with the summary of anybody that does not like Sarah Palin has been brain-washed by the lame-street media... (out of context sound bites etc)
    Some of the things I like about her is she is real people and speaks from the heart...
    Has more executive experience than anybody whom ran last time with the exception of Governor Mike Huckabee...
    She has a record of going after members of her own party and that is why the so-called republican establishment RINO's do not like her...
    The first thing she did as governor was put the governors jet up on ebay and give the money made back to the people of Alaska as a refund...

Sarah Palin is the liberals favorite target because they fear her the most; within 24 hours after her announcement of being the VP on the McCain-Palin ticket; a team of 30 Obama lawyers descended on Wasilla, Alaska (accompanied by the biased liberal media) to find or create anything detrimental to Sarah Palin...

Moreover, they continue to poison main street America with anything they can do to cast Sarah Palin in a negative light, because they know America is sick and tired of liberal & republican establishment endorsed RINO lawyers running for political office whom do not have a clue what it is like to walk a day in our shoes...

Sarah Palin's VP 2008 acceptance speech drew more viewers than everybody else's combined including Obama's & Billiary's which broke records until Sarah Palin shattered them...

Sarah Palin was the only thing that made the McCain-Palin ticket palatable...

Sarah Palin has a PERFECT record supporting the Unabridged Second Amendment...

This in from Gun Owners of America...

June 02, 2011

Gun Owners of America
    Sen. Jim DeMint Considers White House Bid

News broke yesterday that United States Senator Jim DeMint hinted he may be interested in a run at the Presidency, and we believe he would be a top tier candidate right out of the gate.

According to The Hill newspaper, DeMint “has discussed a White House bid with his wife and will pray on the question out of respect for his supporters across the country.”

Such a move would be welcome news for gun owners. Sen. DeMint’s proven conservative track record and willingness to stand up to the leadership of both parties makes him a powerful choice to replace Obama in next year.

DeMint emerged from the 2010 elections as a strong voice for conservatives. He raised over $9 million to help conservative candidates in 2010 -- which is more than what was raised by Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin and Tim Pawlenty -- showing DeMint has an ability to be a contender.

He also bucked heads with the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC), Sen. John Cornyn, by endorsing Marco Rubio against the establishment choice in Florida.

He went against the favorite candidate of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in the Kentucky primary, supporting Rand Paul over then-frontrunner Trey Grayson. Just last week, Sen. DeMint was one of only ten Senators to stand with Sen. Paul in an effort to protect gun records from the so-called Patriot Act -- an effort that was opposed by leaders on both sides of the aisle.

When DeMint was attacked by the Republican elites for supporting Christine O’Donnell over a rabid anti-gunner in a Delaware primary, DeMint fired back, “I’ve been in the majority with Republicans who didn’t have principles, and we embarrassed ourselves and lost credibility in front of the country. Frankly, I’m at a point where I’d rather lose fighting for the right cause than win fighting for the wrong cause.”

The Hill summed up DeMint’s tenacity in staring down his own party: “Throughout his political career, DeMint has not been shy in confronting major players in the Republican Party on a wide range of issues.”

As the Chairman of the Senate Steering Committee, a group made up of the conservative wing of Senate Republicans, DeMint led the charge in protecting the Second Amendment on issues such as repealing the gun ban in national parks and pushing for interstate concealed carry recognition legislation.

DeMint also spoke forcefully against all anti-gun Obama judicial nominees, and he is one of only six Senators to earn an A+ rating from Gun Owners of America.

It is true that Sen. DeMint has not been chomping at the bit to run for president. Unlike other candidates in the race, Jim DeMint would much rather be back home in South Carolina working in the business world.

But with the federal government drifting so far outside the bounds of the Constitution, it’s vital that conservatives and pro-gunners elect as president a principled leader who believes in limited government and who agrees with the Founding Fathers that the Constitution was established to “secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and to our posterity.”

We at Gun Owners of America would be excited to see Jim DeMint jump into the 2012 presidential race. He’s been a trusted friend over the years, a proven man of principle and a leader willing to cut against the grain.

We also want to know what you think.

Sincerely,
    Sen. H.L. “Bill” Richardson (Ret.)
    Chairman, GOA

Tim Macy
    Vice Chairman, GOA

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Well I just heard about Palin's "on the fly" comment about Paul Revere's ride. Her intentions for the country are excellent but these damn politicians make it difficult to support them when they go out there and give detractors enough ammunition to embarrass anyone that supports them by destroying their own credibility! I don't support Sarah for President though I would certainly vote for her and not Barry O'Bama The media have done enough to destroy her now with her own help!
    Michele not "ma belle" but Bachman I think is a great choice in almost any combo with DeMint. Wonder if he can garner support from the Independants.
    Be interesting to see the hypocrisy of the "lame stream" media as they reported on a Bachman/Herman Cain ticket! Just for the heck of it I just googled "Herman" and first name that came up was Cain. That means a lot of people are reading up on him! Great speaker and the right kind of inspiration so many need. be interesting to see how that "media" trys to destroy him!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    He is a retired 22 yr Lt Col Army veteran who was forced to retire because he held a .45 to a terrorist's head to get information on buried IED's. He is now a Congressman for District 22 in So Florida. He is pro gun, small government, articulate as hell and a TRUE PATRIOT ! He is proud of this country & would never apologize for our actions, unlike the empty suit we call our president, who spends more time on Air Force One than he does in the White House !! I would follow Allen West into any battle, anywhere he asked me to go !!
    Allen West exudes Leadership and that's exactly what will be needed to bring this Country back to its roots, The Constitution of the United States. Throw in Ron Paul as VP and I'd offer time, money for the election!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

OK, here's the ticket,
    President- Essie Mae Washington-Williams
    Vice President- Douglas Krick
    Secretarty of State- John Bolton
    Secretary of Treasury- Donald Trump
    AG- Charlie Condon

I think it is a nice ballanced ticket.

NoBama 2012

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Herman Caine, Ron Paul, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Rick Perry in any Combination, but I would lean towards Paul-Caine
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Interesting items on Herman Cain...

“Is Herman Cain Just Another RINO?”:
    “Is Herman Cain Just Another RINO?”| The Post & Email

So Herman Cain turns out to be just another bailout-loving RINO phony:
    Herman Cain: Another RINO Phony | Repeal the Bailouts Blog

Herman Cain: Muslim comments 'misconstrued'
    Herman Cain: Muslim comments 'misconstrued' - Juana Summers - POLITICO.com

Herman Cain Flip-Flops On Camera...

Herman Cain Supported the TARP Bailouts

TARP backer Herman Cain announces presidential bid | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government

FLASHBACK: In 2008, Herman Cain praised TARP, chided "free market" purists | Philip Klein | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The Townhall.com Republican Presidential Straw Poll

Then we might want to ask former Godfathers Pizza CEO Herman Cain about his NO GUNS ALLOWED policy (even for CCW holders) on his watch...
    Apparently Herman Cain believes in the Second Amendment as long as your not his employee or customer...

Here is my candidate for 2012 -- provided he is serious about running...Bill Cosby

MY KIND OF PLATFORM.

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
    Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Ammo.

Please use in that order.

AMERICA NEEDS A CANDIDATE WITH THIS PLATFORM!!

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT IN THE YEAR 2012.

HERE IS MY PLATFORM:
    (1). Any use of the phrase: 'Press 1 for English' is immediately BANNED!!! English is the official language; speak it or wait outside of our borders until you can.

(2). We will immediately go into a two year isolationist attitude in order to straighten out the greedy big business posture in this country. America will allow NO imports, and we'll do no exports. We will use the 'Wal-Mart 's policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.' We'll make it here and sell it here!

(3). When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it coming in here.

(4). All retired military personnel will be required to man one of the many observation towers located on the southern border of the United States (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTH BOUND aliens.

(5). Social Security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin' in, you AIN'T getting nuttin' out. Neither the President nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6). Welfare. -- Checks will be handed out on Fridays, at the end of the 40 hour school week, the successful completion of a urinalysis test for drugs, and passing grades.

(7). Professional Athletes -- Steroids? The FIRST time you check positive you're banned from sports ... for life.

(8). Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, i.e., the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more 'life sentences'. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for the victim you killed: gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9). One export of ours will be allowed: wheat; because the world needs to eat. However, a bushel of wheat will be the EXACT price of a barrel of oil.

(10). All foreign aid, using American taxpayer money, will immediately cease and the saved money will help to pay off the national debt and, ultimately, lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask The American People if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision as to whether, or not, it's a worthy cause.

(11). The Pledge of Allegiance willbe said EVERY day at school and every day in CONGRESS.

(12). The National Anthem willbe played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

My apology is offered if I've stepped on anyone's toes .... nevertheless.....
    GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Sincerely, Bill Cosby
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    He is a retired 22 yr Lt Col Army veteran who was forced to retire because he held a .45 to a terrorist's head to get information on buried IED's. He is now a Congressman for District 22 in So Florida. He is pro gun, small government, articulate as hell and a TRUE PATRIOT ! He is proud of this country & would never apologize for our actions, unlike the empty suit we call our president, who spends more time on Air Force One than he does in the White House !! I would follow Allen West into any battle, anywhere he asked me to go !!
    I thought it was a Beretta?

Seriously though I was wondering what happened to him. I'm glad he turned out okay. Sounds like a candidate to check out if he decides to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Here is my candidate for 2012 -- provided he is serious about running...Bill Cosby

MY KIND OF PLATFORM.

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
    Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Ammo.

Please use in that order.

AMERICA NEEDS A CANDIDATE WITH THIS PLATFORM!!

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT IN THE YEAR 2012.

HERE IS MY PLATFORM:
    (1). Any use of the phrase: 'Press 1 for English' is immediately BANNED!!! English is the official language; speak it or wait outside of our borders until you can.

(2). We will immediately go into a two year isolationist attitude in order to straighten out the greedy big business posture in this country. America will allow NO imports, and we'll do no exports. We will use the 'Wal-Mart 's policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.' We'll make it here and sell it here!

(3). When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it coming in here.

(4). All retired military personnel will be required to man one of the many observation towers located on the southern border of the United States (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTH BOUND aliens.

(5). Social Security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin' in, you AIN'T getting nuttin' out. Neither the President nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6). Welfare. -- Checks will be handed out on Fridays, at the end of the 40 hour school week, the successful completion of a urinalysis test for drugs, and passing grades.

(7). Professional Athletes -- Steroids? The FIRST time you check positive you're banned from sports ... for life.

(8). Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, i.e., the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more 'life sentences'. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for the victim you killed: gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9). One export of ours will be allowed: wheat; because the world needs to eat. However, a bushel of wheat will be the EXACT price of a barrel of oil.

(10). All foreign aid, using American taxpayer money, will immediately cease and the saved money will help to pay off the national debt and, ultimately, lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask The American People if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision as to whether, or not, it's a worthy cause.

(11). The Pledge of Allegiance willbe said EVERY day at school and every day in CONGRESS.

(12). The National Anthem willbe played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

My apology is offered if I've stepped on anyone's toes .... nevertheless.....
    GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Sincerely, Bill Cosby
    I'm not sure how serious this post was but Cosby would be better than a lot of people think. He has never shied away from speaking his mind and he is very intelligent.

I don't know about part A of point #4 - we need the border guarded but I think once a member of the military has retired, he has done enough for his country. Volunteers gladly accepted but if my cousin in law (for example) retires after two tours overseas to spend more time with his daughter, then as far as I'm concerned he has fufilled his obligation (assuming he has finished his commitment) and I wish him well. We can instead use the money we are sending to other countries to fund the border. I don't have any issue with the second part of point 4 though.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast