The U.N. is after our guns again... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The U.N. is after our guns again...

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Question of the day... Can the U.S. enter into a treaty that invalidates the bill of rights? I think not.
    You might want to re-think that one.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

3. i just hope they wear their pretty blue caps

4. U n out!!!!

I have always said the UN needs to relocate. Perhaps the land Switzerland they are about peace are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    When they can control Iran and North Korea they can talk to me. Until then they have more important business to handle.

Question of the day... Can the U.S. enter into a treaty that invalidates the bill of rights? I think not.
    The Senate can do it. It would take the Supreme Court to overrule it. Remember, right now we are only one vote on the court from that not happening. Then how do you enforce the Constitution without a full fledged rebellion like my relatives were involved in 235 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    The Senate can do it. It would take the Supreme Court to overrule it. Remember, right now we are only one vote on the court from that not happening. Then how do you enforce the Constitution without a full fledged rebellion like my relatives were involved in 235 years ago.
    You don't. Things, & people have changed too much since 235 years ago.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

7. This isn't the first time they've tried. They tried at least twice with Bush in office and he told them to stick it. We have veto ability in the U.N. and he wasn't afraid to use it. I'm really worried whats about to happen with Obama in charge though.

Like Ringo said, you don't. I really wonder what the American people are made of. Will they be willing to stand up fight and even die for their rights or just let it happen? I grew up in the hills of the south and have lots of family that hunt and own guns. Most of them wouldn’t have a problem with this. They say “those guns have no use and there is nothing wrong with the government banning them”. They honestly believe the guns they own can’t be banned because they are used for hunting and so they are safe.

Sad thing is I’m more apt to believe more Americans would sit there and do nothing rather than fight.

The current Senate makeup would smack this down. Even Democrat hunters would protest such a treaty. When/if the SCOTUS were to ever rule against the second amendment I don't think rebelion could be avoided. Far too many who believe in this right as irreversable. And anti-gun politicians who vote yes will have a hard time with their constituents. Such a vote would end a political career for many in the Senate. Obama has not addressed gun control because it woul hurt his bid for re-election. He'll try something in his seccond term should he be elected again. As Diane Feinstein said, "I'll pick the time and place (for the gun control battle)."

"Officer, to tell you the truth? I was leaning over the boat stripper fishing and the gun fell in. It's somewhere in the Hudson River." I'll always retain the ability to protect my family regardless of a UN treaty. They should focus on Kim Jung Il an forget the American people.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    You might want to re-think that one.
    Why would he have to re-think that. The Supreme court ruled in Reid v. Covert that "the Constitution supersedes international treaties ratified by the United States Senate.". Even if signed and ratified such a treaty would have no legal standing.

First the only way the U.N. has any controll over us is if we allow it. They are an ineffective force tha has never had any success without us.
    Second it would take an admendment to the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America.
    Third who among us would give up thier weapons or firearms?
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    Why would he have to re-think that. The Supreme court ruled in Reid v. Covert that "the Constitution supersedes international treaties ratified by the United States Senate.". Even if signed and ratified such a treaty would have no legal standing.
    International Treaties deal in International Law and supersedes. Sad but true, dig deep you'll see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast