A moment of ranting... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A moment of ranting...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Keep at brother...

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush-fires of freedom in the minds of men.
    Samuel Adams

Having walked in your shoes for 27yrs+ I understand the sentiment, although I would probably not use the word entitlement (only because there is such a stigma associated with it, in that the liberals have perverted it so badly) when it comes to our meager benefits as they are factored in as part of our wages for our 24x7 obligations... sure while we are on active duty we have the steady paycheck, but it pales in comparison to what many average u.s. citizens bring home (at least the ones working anyway) .

For others whom might not see where I am coming from...
    2011 Military Pay Scale Chart - for Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines
    I'll keep at it. I do get through to some every now and again... I see your point about "entitlement", makes sense. It's funny, I think I make good money being an E4... but it really isn't much though. I'm able to live in a nice house and support my Wife(AD until next May) and child and still afford(with smart finances) my toys. I own 20 or so firearms, we have two nice cars, and I have 3 motorcycles...

Not sure what I'd do if I made 50k a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

3. The tree of Liberty must be fertilized from time to time with blood and patriots. I think that was Adams Quote.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

I see where and how the Government can keep "volunteers" in the service despite repeated (required) tours of duty over in Muzzieland. A boot Private makes 20 times what I did in my time. (Inflation since the mid sixties is around 10 times that baseline.)

An E-7 makes almost 50k a year? Damn, I was born too early to be a highly paid Patriot. I was just a Patriot! LOL!

I know, you folks earn every cent of it. (Just like I did.) Yet I can't stop wondering at what point of compensation does the average troop stop becoming a Patriot in defence of the Nation and becomes, rather, a mercenary in defence of the Government.

It might be a very important consideration if and when the economic "troubles" begin in the near future.

On the other hand, I'd be more than happy to do another ten years if they would give me back my old rank and take me at my age!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

5. Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    The tree of Liberty must be fertilized from time to time with blood and patriots. I think that was Adams Quote.
    It was Thomas Jefferson

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Here is a good Jefferson quote.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12