Hypothetical Situation - Page 3

View Poll Results: If the 2nd Amendment was repealed, would there be a second Civil War?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 44.68%
  • No

2 4.26%
  • No organized rebellion, but small groups of rebels fighting

11 23.40%
  • The 2nd Amendment will never be repealed

13 27.66%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hypothetical Situation

"The oppressed should rebel, and they will continue to rebel and raise disturbance until their civil rights are fully restored to them and all partial distinctions, exclusions and incapacitations are removed."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment was put in place to remind people that they're the Armed Security Guards of their own Liberty; to ensure the government fearfully obeys the other 9 Amendments found in the Bill of Rights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

I posted the same question on a different forum the other day. Some of the people there took it like I was trying to incite a rebellion or something. I copyed and pasted it from this thread, so the wording was the same, but they took it all wrong. I tried to make it as clear as possible, that I was asking what they thought others would do, not what you, personally, would do. That's why I made the little disclaimer, to make that point clear. But they started talking about the government taking it wrong, and accusing them of being terrorists, or something along those lines. We can't live in fear of what the government will do to us if we don't 'obey,' this is AMERICA. I guess some people let there paranoia get the best of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

4. You need to look back at the 1st revolution. I believe (remember that American History was 25+ years ago) that it started with small bands of men fighting and kept growing. The quote for Lexington and Concord goes:
    " The Shot Heard Round The World..." not the speech heard round the world. If this above scenario comes about, I believe it would be basically the same.

Everyone worries about their rifles and handguns, think of all the people who have tied up in Class III weapons. I would say they would be the first to go. Anyone also think about CMP? The government is selling us civilians guns and ammo?

Another question - If this happened would you move to where the enforcement was more laxed, or to where active resistance was being being formed?

Don't mean to get the thread off topic but the thoughts came to me while responding.

5. I think that what you would have at first was an unorganized resistance. Small groups of people all across the country willing to stand up for our rights. But because of the wonder of modern technology and the 24 hour news coverage, it would only stay small and unorganized for a short time. Soon it would coalesce into a nationwide resistance. Whether it would grow from that to a full blown civil war would depend on the situation. Really, though, a long, grinding insurgent campaingn would probably be the best way to fight a government bent on taking away our guns. The sheeple don't have the patience to see that kind of fight through so we would probably wind up with politicians who would end it any way possible-like recognizing our rights and calling the whole thing off.

And trucker, I'm with you. ALL enemies. Foreign and DOMESTIC.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123