How to respond to anti-gun types - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to respond to anti-gun types

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    And you find that impressive?

Sounds "cool" but it is BS.

Any human who has just killed another human and claims they have no personal emotional reaction to it is either a liar or a nut case who should never be allowed to live in a civilized society without 24/7 supervision.
    Not so! If all of us felt something when killing another human being, we would have very few people able to do it.... I am sure I could off a BG and think nothing of it, but I won't know and I hope I never have to find out.. Not everyones feelings work the same way....
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    Not so! If all of us felt something when killing another human being, we would have very few people able to do it.... I am sure I could off a BG and think nothing of it, but I won't know and I hope I never have to find out.. Not everyones feelings work the same way....
    Again, not true. What one might do, and what one might feel after doing it, are two separate independent things.

Ever hear a judge sentencing a convicted murderer to a maximum sentence? They often say "you have exhibited no remorse for your actions, no emotional recognition that you took the life of another human. You are an animal. You deserve to spend the rest of your pathetic life in jail...."

We expect humans to feel remorse about killing another human regardless of the circumstances. We expect returning soldiers and LEO's who have killed to have emotional reactions to the event, no matter how justified. Those that claim they don't have such reactions are either liars or insane.

4. Disarm the BGs first

My response to anti-gun people is, I'll give up my gun when the BGs have been disarmed.
    While I don't completely believe that, it is hard to argue against. If they are still vehemently opposed, I figure their stance is emotional and drop it.

And you find that impressive?

Sounds "cool" but it is BS.

Any human who has just killed another human and claims they have no personal emotional reaction to it is either a liar or a nut case who should never be allowed to live in a civilized society without 24/7 supervision.
    What makes you think I find this impressive. You can call BS on this all you want. I happen to know some former military snipers. Their training instills a mind set in them that allows them to deal with what they are doing. You can meet these people every day and not have a clue what they did. By the way Mr. Rodgers was a sniper during WWII. How do you think medics deal with the daily carnage they get into. Getting off subject here so I will let this go.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Again, not true. What one might do, and what one might feel after doing it, are two separate independent things.

Ever hear a judge sentencing a convicted murderer to a maximum sentence? They often say "you have exhibited no remorse for your actions, no emotional recognition that you took the life of another human. You are an animal. You deserve to spend the rest of your pathetic life in jail...."

We expect humans to feel remorse about killing another human regardless of the circumstances. We expect returning soldiers and LEO's who have killed to have emotional reactions to the event, no matter how justified. Those that claim they don't have such reactions are either liars or insane.
    I have given this a lot of thought, and I really don't think I would have bad feelings for offing a BG that was out to off me....Wouldn't it be just like slapping a misquito... Especially if I didn't know the person... You can say I am insane for feeling that way, but I feel bad if I kill a fish I planed to release, or run over a squirrel because I couldn't slow down fast enough, I value most life very high, but I think I could end the life of a BG and not give it any thought at all, beyond being thankfull it wasn't me...

Again I have no experiance to draw from and I hope I never need to find out..... I really don't think all peoples emotions work the same way....
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Oh here we go again with the "NOGODS SAYS" s h i t e again... LOL... Another rights trampling Dr. Phil wannabe we have here...

Who cares what you have to write or say... I think it's funny... It was said or written to get that type of reaction from anal retentive control freaks who feel the need to perform amateur Dr. Phil like psychoanalysis... Were you toilet trained at gunpoint or under some form of duress? Were you a bed wetter that was unfairly punished?

Fuhr52, I thought it was funny, for what that may be worth... LOL...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

"We expect"??... Presumptuous... Another liberal trait... Tell others how they should feel in any given situation and sit in judgement when the reaction differs from the one expected... GFY...

Telling 'em to mind their own business is my patented response...

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Oh here we go again with the "NOGODS SAYS" s h i t e again... LOL... Another rights trampling Dr. Phil wannabe we have here...

Who cares what you have to write or say... I think it's funny... It was said or written to get that type of reaction from anal retentive control freaks who feel the need to perform amateur Dr. Phil like psychoanalysis... Were you toilet trained at gunpoint or under some form of duress? Were you a bed wetter that was unfairly punished?

Fuhr52, I thought it was funny, for what that may be worth... LOL...
    Yep, totally ridiculous.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Yep, totally ridiculous.
    It's predictable... Way too predictable...

Nice to see you back in the fray....

Peace...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast