Court holds that not all of God's children have rights - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Court holds that not all of God's children have rights

From a practical point of view: An Illegal can't get any CCW permit because part of the process is proof of being in the US legally. So that's out anyway.

Can a Illegal buy a firearm for home defense? I believe that would depend on State laws.

How do I feel about it? I am on the fence. The Constitution does make some pretty broad statements about human rights and does not really specify or imply that they are only connected to citizenship.

Doesn't make sense to me that any free nation would write a constitution and bill of rights that would be all inclusive for the entire world and not just for it's citizens. In my opinion the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights was written for the legal citizens of the United States of America. One thing to realize this document was written by people that communicated in simple words and a mans word meant something. Today special interest must twist words to fit their agenda.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I'm from Arizona and support SB 1070. After seeing what is going on in our desert and as far north as Flagstaff, Mexicans here illegally are not welcome and I'm not fond of their anchor babies either. The Federal Government is not doing their job to protect our borders, and this bill, if you go to college and graduate you can become a legal is the most stupidest thing I ever heard of, and the ones who join our military who put their life on the line, well maybe. Although they should have to meet the educational requirements that all are US citizens are required to get in, along with the time they need to spend in the military. And all immigrants MUST Speak English, why should I have to learn Mexican, Arabic, etc., you are in my country learn the language. I served in the Army and took and oath to protect the US against all foreign and domestic and by God this means the border between Arizona and Mexico
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    We all know that the right to bear arms is an inalienable God given right. We also know that we are all children of God.

Well, almost all of us.

The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals has held that the God given inalienable right to bear arms does not apply to illegal aliens. I guess they aren't God's children like the rest of us.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA v. ARMANDO PORTILLO-MUNOZ, No. 11-10086 (June 13, 2011)
    It's actually a right granted by the US Constitution, and to United States Citizens (along with legal visitors/aliens).

Illegal aliens may have the right in their own country but not if they are here illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    I'm from Arizona and support SB 1070. After seeing what is going on in our desert and as far north as Flagstaff, Mexicans here illegally are not welcome and I'm not fond of their anchor babies either. The Federal Government is not doing their job to protect our borders, and this bill, if you go to college and graduate you can become a legal is the most stupidest thing I ever heard of, and the ones who join our military who put their life on the line, well maybe. Although they should have to meet the educational requirements that all are US citizens are required to get in, along with the time they need to spend in the military. And all immigrants MUST Speak English, why should I have to learn Mexican, Arabic, etc., you are in my country learn the language. I served in the Army and took and oath to protect the US against all foreign and domestic and by God this means the border between Arizona and Mexico
    +1 Agree.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    It's actually a right granted by the US Constitution, and to United States Citizens (along with legal visitors/aliens).

Illegal aliens may have the right in their own country but not if they are here illegally.
    The Constitution doesn't grant anything it specifically states what governement may not do.

I happen to have family that are illegal aliens. One is here because it isn't safe where he lives he works two jobs he actually does pay taxes, he doesn't beat his kids and, other than being here, he doesn't break any laws ( BTW being here illegally is a civil infraction not a "crime") I would have no problem loaning him a gun if he asked for it (he's terrified of guns). I also think he'll make a fine citizen someday.

The other is here to make all he can and go back to Mexico. He's a prick he'll never be a citizen because he has no interest but he also doesn't run arround breaking laws (except imigration laws) I don't know that I would loan him a gun but only because he doesn't take care of things people loan him. I would fully expect that he would behave responsibly w/it in terms of safety he'd just never clean it or lube it.

Bottom line self defense is a human right. I don't believe mere possesion of a firearm by anyone
    should be a crime
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The Constitution doesn't grant anything it specifically states what governement may not do.

( BTW being here illegally is a civil infraction not a "crime")
    May I enlighten you as I quote you this one below...

It's a federal crime and is tried in US federal court. (These are absolutely NOT civil charges and civil courts NEVER handle them.) Federal crimes have their own category. Illegal entry and illegal presence are serious matters.

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

* Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or

* Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact; has committed a federal crime.

"Any alien who is present in the United States in violation of this Act or any other law of the United States is deportable." Nationality Act Section 237 (a)(1)(B)

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

In addition to sneaking into the country in violation of the immigration law that requires that aliens be documented for legal entry (referred to as "entry without inspection -- EWI"), others enter with legal documentation and then violate the terms on which they have been admitted by taking jobs that are not authorized or overstaying the authorized period of stay in the country.

The list below are all crimes involving illegal immigration:

(1) Violating the immigration law is a FEDERAL CRIME

(2) Forging documents is a FEDERAL FELONY CRIME

(3) Passing forged documents is a FEDERAL FELONY CRIME

(4) Stealing ID is a FEDERAL FELONY CRIME

(5) Using stolen ID is a FEDERAL FELONY CRIME
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

God given rights we all have,you can choose to believe, worship or practise whatever your religion is.As too owning and carrying firearms thats an American right. There is no in between.

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    God given rights we all have,you can choose to believe, worship or practise whatever your religion is.As too owning and carrying firearms thats an American right. There is no in between.
    I have to respectfully disagree on that. It's actually a right people have in other countries, too. More than one would assume at first.

In many US states a legal resident alien can also own and carry firearms. Now let's not get into any confusion about ILLEGAL aliens, I am not referring to those.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    May I enlighten you as I quote you this one below...

It's a federal crime and is tried in US federal court. (These are absolutely NOT civil charges and civil courts NEVER handle them.) Federal crimes have their own category. Illegal entry and illegal presence are serious matters.

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

* Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or

* Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact; has committed a federal crime.

"Any alien who is present in the United States in violation of this Act or any other law of the United States is deportable." Nationality Act Section 237 (a)(1)(B)

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

In addition to sneaking into the country in violation of the immigration law that requires that aliens be documented for legal entry (referred to as "entry without inspection -- EWI"), others enter with legal documentation and then violate the terms on which they have been admitted by taking jobs that are not authorized or overstaying the authorized period of stay in the country.

The list below are all crimes involving illegal immigration:

(1) Violating the immigration law is a FEDERAL CRIME

(2) Forging documents is a FEDERAL FELONY CRIME

(3) Passing forged documents is a FEDERAL FELONY CRIME

(4) Stealing ID is a FEDERAL FELONY CRIME

(5) Using stolen ID is a FEDERAL FELONY CRIME
    Thank you I learned something. I always think it's ironic when a naturalized citizen has to take an American to school
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast