Court holds that not all of God's children have rights
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Court holds that not all of God's children have rights

Court holds that not all of God's children have rights

We all know that the right to bear arms is an inalienable God given right. We also know that we are all children of God.

Well, almost all of us.

The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals has held that the God given inalienable right to bear arms does not apply to illegal aliens. I guess they aren't God's children like the rest of us.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA v. ARMANDO PORTILLO-MUNOZ, No. 11-10086 (June 13, 2011)

Does your post mean that you, As an American Citizen, Would be ok with Illegal's Aliens Being issued Carry Permits? Or are you just making an point in reference to the Circuit Courts Ruling's I'm not trying to create a problem, Just Curious.

I agree with everything you said in your first paragraph. But I have no desire to see Illegal Aliens in my country much less armed and in my country.

dusted Guest
    if they're illegal, then they a. are breaking the law and b. shouldn't be here. if they're breaking the law, they should be in jail and, ipso facto, not have guns. (and hey, aren't prisoners god's children too?)

the issue isn't that illegals can't own firearms, it's that anyone should be able to walk into "guns r us" or whatever and walk out with a pistol. and really, that's what the 2nd amendment would seem to uphold. i think that's what nogods is getting at. while i believe gun laws are ridiculous most places, i can't agree that anyone should be able to walk into a convenience store and walk out with a .357.

the title to this thread is misleading. and unnecessarily inflammatory imho

Hi from New Zealand

I was interested in this thread because I'm not a US citizen although I could see myself visiting your country on vacation one day.

It has been my understanding that as an "alien" (alien seems such an unfriendly term), I would not be allowed to be in possession of a firearm while visiting. That is not to say that I wouldn't like to - because I would. I am a sport shooter in New Zealand and would like to visit other shooters and ranges while I was visiting. I would like to think that I may also be allowed to protect myself from possible assailants.

The judgement linked to this post seems to suggest that it may only be "illegal" aliens that are so restricted. Would someone please clarify this for me?

Regards
    Gregg

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Does your post mean that you, As an American Citizen, Would be ok with Illegal's Aliens Being issued Carry Permits? Or are you just making an point in reference to the Circuit Courts Ruling's I'm not trying to create a problem, Just Curious.
    Is the right to self defense an American right or a Human right ?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Is the right to self defense an American right or a Human right ?
    In America it is an American right. If one country invades another country it is a human right to defend yourself. It is all in the way it is worded or how some would interpret the just cause, although if it ended up in a court of law then one would take there chances with the judge they get. Although, it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

The us constitution outlines/protects the right of us citizens and minimizes/outlines the powers of the us government.....it has no reflection on aliens, illegal or otherwise. My father is a legal resident alien and I am a us citizen born abroad...they come with very different rights

An illegal can have bullets but not guns......get 'em up against the wall!
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

I don't agree with the 5th circuit courts decision. Illegals love their family members just as much as anyone else and they should have the right to protect them from harm.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast