Video of US government taking guns away from Citizens - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video of US government taking guns away from Citizens

Quote Originally Posted by daddyo View Post
    Also, I have a feeling the next time somebody tries this the people won't be nearly as cooperative.
    That's what people have always said the the time after something bad happens, and the time before it happens again.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

What do you do when cops have an AR or 12g pointed at you? You really have no choice but to cooperate no matter how bad ass you are. The poor little old lady that had her face beaten in deserves to watch her attackers go to jail. Some LEO just can not handle authority and they should be punished just like any other BG when they're caught.

To bad we can't filter these idiots out before they're given badges. Things like this remind us that we have to hide from EVERYONE if we end up in this situation. You can only trust yourself to look out for you.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    What do you do when cops have an AR or 12g pointed at you? You really have no choice but to cooperate no matter how bad ass you are.
    As a very last resort, you can chain yourself to something in your house, or just lie down and go limp like Jello. It'll take at least two of them to carry you for any significant distance, and they're probably not very interested in putting up with that sort of crap, especially if you have some friends/family who are doing the same. It sounds kind of like something a liberal tree-hugger would do, but it is effective. Passive resistance (probably) doesn't give them a reason to do anything violent, like shoot you.

Another interesting tactic might be to just not say anything - no speech, hand gestures, or writing. Just give them a blank stare. They're probably used to people arguing with them - but when people don't speak to them, or react when spoken to, it doesn't give them an opportunity to use any kind of confrontation to their advantage. What are they going to do when you do literally nothing and just lie on the ground?

Anyway, that's just my thinking...20 soldiers with guns and tear gas can probably beat up and arrest 100 lightly armed people, but they're going to have a hell of a time dealing with 30 zoned-out people who won't move.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

they were upsetting to watch but like Memphis said what are you going to do. as far as the LEO they should get twice what a BG should get because they are trusted agents and if they purposefully abuse that power their punishment should be harsh.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper101 View Post
    They can have mine too. when they pry them from my cold dead hands after i took half of them with me
    I came in here to say this!!

+1
    -Austin

Further re-enforcing my belief that cops are just bullies with badges. I've NEVER had one help me when I needed it. They consider everyone a criminal unless they're part of the thin blue line. Just ask that black dude that got shot to death by the cops in NYC during his batchelor party.

Quote Originally Posted by oidsailor View Post
    they were upsetting to watch but like Memphis said what are you going to do. as far as the LEO they should get twice what a BG should get because they are trusted agents and if they purposefully abuse that power their punishment should be harsh.
    I agree. they should be smart enough to not let that power go to their heads. and beating that old poor lady... couple of tough guys they were.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I have about 20 close friends in law enforcement in the area in which i live and every one of them have told me that when the day comes they are asked to conficate weapons from law abiding citizens. THE BADGE COMES OFF!!! they find it totally wrong and are not gonna risk their behinds to do something they know is morally wrong. with the mentality of these guys around here i think i would be one astronomical risk to try and take guns from anyone. Most of them are doing the same as the rest of us stockpiling ammo, nonperishable foods, bug out bags, and even building multiple long range rifles for when tshtf. notice i didnt say if but when!!! Seems that everything is in a downward spiral right now. economy sinking, gas prices rising, price of everything on the rise but our paychecks, people getting more desperate by the day. robbery seems to be more common. 5 years ago in my home town of gloucester VA. it was unheard of to have a bank or even a store robbed at gunpiont, in the last 18 months i cant count on all my fingers and toes the amount of robberies that have taken place. Theve all been desperate and poorly planned robberies at that most were caught before they could get a couple of miles up the road, but with that it still continues to go on here.
    Last edited by stumpjumper101; 03-15-2008 at 12:09 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Exactly why many states have passed, or are in the process of passing, laws preventing this from happening again. It's also an example that "It can't happen here" isn't necessarily the truth.
    That's the liberal mind talking, in the real world the laws, in this type of situation, don't mean squat. Look at how well they can enforce the other laws on the books. Now throw in any sort of disaster and throw all your rights out the window.

What a bunch of ******* those guys were. Where they should have been is the high crime areas, going thru all those house grabbing the guns and drugs, etc... from the criminals not playing tough guy on 80 year old women!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12