G19
    G26

I'll gladly give up my guns

deleted expletive
    Last edited by festus; 03-07-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: content
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Angry

They can have mine too. when they pry them from my cold dead hands after i took half of them with me

Exactly why many states have passed, or are in the process of passing, laws preventing this from happening again. It's also an example that "It can't happen here" isn't necessarily the truth.

times like those are when legally licsenced law abiding citizens need their weapons the most. in the end the national guardsman who said he would hate to shoot an american is scary stuff. not to lessen the effect of the hurricane but that was a little rain, what if a nation wide catastrophic event happened? another great depression, the complete loss of the power grid, what then?
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

scary

Quote Originally Posted by p8re8 View Post
    times like those are when legally licsenced law abiding citizens need their weapons the most. in the end the national guardsman who said he would hate to shoot an american is scary stuff. not to lessen the effect of the hurricane but that was a little rain, what if a nation wide catastrophic event happened? another great depression, the complete loss of the power grid, what then?

In the April issue of SWAT magazine under ENEMY AT THE GATE is and article entitled "Just following orders". It is something we all need to think about. Especially those tha are LEO's or military. When and if guns are outlawed and the order to shot anyone that does not turn them in is given what will you do. I recomend reading the article.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I realize that I'm a little behind the curve on this specific issue with respect to post-Katrina LEO/NG actions as I haven't really kept up with it. However, what specific legal actions are currently underway to address this? That was a rights-stomping that shouldn't go unanswered or unpunished.

If nothing else, something as simple as bombarding the relevant offices with requests demanding an explanation. These people need to be put in their place.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

toreskha (and others) - The book: "The Great New Orleans Gun Grab" (I think I got that right - my copy is circulating in city administration, and city police dept.) gives a pretty good description of what happened, who did it, what NRA and others are attempting to litigate now. The only direct source that I am aware of currently. I have also asked my local library to have one or more copies on the shelf. A classic example of city administration and police dept. gone to anarchy - and yes, it could happen to you! All the new laws don't mean diddly when the civil law is not enforced. It may give you redress for grievences, after the fact, if you survive - if you survive! Read the last line of the book above- shouts long and loud just how "law abiding" the New Orleans police dept. is. :akuma:
    sailor

Those videos were sickening. I could barely finish them. I hope to god that never happens in my town. Knowing some of the people around here, I can't help but think what would happen if they tried to take our guns away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Sort of makes me wonder about the New Orleans cops who left town. I'm sure some were just taking care of their own backside and screw everyone else, but I wonder if perhaps some knew this was coming and didn't want to be a part of it.

Also, I have a feeling the next time somebody tries this the people won't be nearly as cooperative.
    Last edited by daddyo; 03-08-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast