U.S. Senate Report: Halting U.S. Firearms Trafficking to Mexico - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S. Senate Report: Halting U.S. Firearms Trafficking to Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Notice that Feinstein has her finger on the trigger and is pointing the gun at other people during her press conference.
    What do you expect from someone who was essentially an accomplice to the Night Stalker (Richard Ramirez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - search Feinstein in the page). IMHO she should have been charged with obstruction/interfering with an ongoing investigation. Did the people of SF remove her for it? No they shackled the rest of the country with this "prize" senior senator. No offense to CA members (I lived in CA for about 5 years) - CA is beautiful but it sucks.

This is not a USA problem, this is a Mexico problem. Restrictions in the USA do not even begin to address the issue. The Mexican government, in particular the police, are close kin and business partners with the drug cartel leaders. The entire problem, 100%, lies south of the border. If Mexico would enforce their laws, instead of collecting bribes, there wouldn't be cartels as a market for guns. If the Cartels couldn't buy at gun shows, they would just buy through the Mexican government, who would purchase the guns on the open market through their many Oil Company pals in our government. Their Big Oil people are in bed with our Big Oil people, so nothing will change. The same banks (on both sides of the border) that finance the big oil also finance the drug cartels. This is big, big business with both governments in their back pockets. The firearms restrictions on USA citizens is just a smoke screen. The whole Mexico-USA issue is way more complex and dangerous than most people realize.

I used GOA's Call to Action for Petition for reform of BAFT and wrote Schumer

I got this reply and after reading it I feel, how can I say, dirty.
    I feel like I have been molested or violated or something.
    Flat out lied to and expected to like it.
    I never should have listened to the tape of him telling progressives how they will someday be able to change the Constitution to fit their ideology.
    I have thought of him nothing but a sneaky bastard ever since.

Senator Schumer [email protected] to
    show details 1:44 PM (1 hour ago)
    Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control legislation. Like you, I believe the right to bear arms is enshrined in our Constitution.

While I have long been a proponent of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, you may be pleased to know that I have successfully fought to create new opportunities for law abiding citizens to exercise their right to use guns. For example last Congress, I secured federal money to expand the scarce hunting grounds in New York State by creating a financial incentive for private landowners to allow hunters access to their property.

While I certainly respect the Second Amendment to the Constitution, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent. I believe we can strike a reasonable balance. Recently, for instance, Congress unanimously passed the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Improvement Amendments Act. This legislation, supported by the National Rifle Association, authorizes funds for states to compile required background data into the shared NICS database. Ensuring that this information is comprehensive and up to date will better prevent criminals from illegally purchasing and possessing firearms.

Thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
    United States Senator

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    I got this reply and after reading it I feel, how can I say, dirty.
    I feel like I have been molested or violated or something.
    Flat out lied to and expected to like it.
    I never should have listened to the tape of him telling progressives how they will someday be able to change the Constitution to fit their ideology.
    I have thought of him nothing but a sneaky bastard ever since.

Senator Schumer [email protected] to
    show details 1:44 PM (1 hour ago)
    Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control legislation. Like you, I believe the right to bear arms is enshrined in our Constitution.

While I have long been a proponent of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, you may be pleased to know that I have successfully fought to create new opportunities for law abiding citizens to exercise their right to use guns. For example last Congress, I secured federal money to expand the scarce hunting grounds in New York State by creating a financial incentive for private landowners to allow hunters access to their property.

While I certainly respect the Second Amendment to the Constitution, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent. I believe we can strike a reasonable balance. Recently, for instance, Congress unanimously passed the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Improvement Amendments Act. This legislation, supported by the National Rifle Association, authorizes funds for states to compile required background data into the shared NICS database. Ensuring that this information is comprehensive and up to date will better prevent criminals from illegally purchasing and possessing firearms.

Thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
    United States Senator
    Dirty? I think I need to go wash my eyes and use some mental floss after reading his reply.

We can curb the trafficking with a 50,000 volt border fence. This also solves the illegal immigration problem. What the hell is wrong with these crackheads. Talk is cheap. Actions speak.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12