U.S. Senate Report: Halting U.S. Firearms Trafficking to Mexico
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Senate Report: Halting U.S. Firearms Trafficking to Mexico

U.S. Senate Report: Halting U.S. Firearms Trafficking to Mexico

This was written by liberal Senators Feinstein, Schumer and Whitehouse so it must be objective and truthful!

Seriously, when I read this report I was reminded of the quote from Pogo "We have met the enemy and he is us!" As usual the self effacing liberals have made Mexican narco-terrorism America's problem. First we were told it's America's appetite for narcotics that have resulted in violence in Mexico, along the Southern border and on the streets of many of our cities. Now we're being told that firearms legally purchased in the U.S. are getting into the hands of drug and human traffickers. No kidding? What the report fails to mention is operation "Fast and Furious" which encouraged the exportation of firearms to Mexico knowing they would fall into the hands of drug trafficking organization members. This was done against the strongest recommendations of senior ATF field agents who knew that the weapons would be untracable once they entered Mexico. One of these weapons has been linked to the murder of U.S. Border Patrol Tactical Agent Brian Terry in the Arizona desert in January 2011. We need to take action to secure our borders but their recommendations aren't it!

http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/i...3-67a0dc739b9d

Law abiding supporters of the Second Amendment should take their recommendations to the president and attorney general very seriously. Implementation of these recommendations will likely do little reduce the exportation of firearms to Mexico but they will impact on our Second Amendment rights. If you aren't currently a member of the NRA and your local gun club now may be a good time to join!
    National Rifle Association
    Single Action Shooting Society

Feinstein and Schumer seem to be having a good time in these pictures.

NOTICE FEINSTEINS FINGER IS ON THE TRIGGER AS SHE POINTS THE GUN IN AN UNSAFE DIRECTION? Yeah, she knows a lot about guns. Let's listen to her.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Those photos are too funny! Schumer sort of reminds me of Michael Douglas's character in "Falling Down".

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcopper View Post
    Those photos are too funny! Schumer sort of reminds me of Michael Douglas's character in "Falling Down".
    Notice that Feinstein has her finger on the trigger and is pointing the gun at other people during her press conference.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I read the recommendations but couldn't get beyond them because I threw up in my mouth 3 times. How do you have a Report labelled "Halting U.S Firearms Trafficking To Mexico" without addressing anything about controls at the border. The report might have at least have made the token attempt of having any sort of credibility on the issue by at least minimally tackling security at the border (no recommendations on the topic means they didn't go even that far). There is an opportunity here to work closely with Mexican authorities since we have similar goals (we want to curtail drugs, human trafficking, and illegal immigration - they want to ensure no guns cross the border) - you'd think there would be a recommendation on that point.

They might argue that "border security isn't the only tool to be leveraged to solve this problem" but come on it's at least part of the solution. The report should be more aptly renamed "Curtailing the sale to and ownership of legal weapons by US citizens" since that is pretty much the primary result of all these recommendations. Any possible impact on firearms in Mexico is secondary at best. How far do you think a report with my recommended title gets in congress in an election year? They should be called out on it. Any pro 2nd amendment legislator should only refer to the report in the way that I named it (or something to that effect).

7. I always thought liberals/communist/bedwetter’s always shoot with the muzzle facing the opposite direction.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

This whole report came out because of the GRIT/ Fast and Furious investigation going on. Libs trying to do damage control for the DOJ which allowed BATFE to allow over 2000 AK47s, Barret .50cal rifle, FN handguns to be bought illegally and go to Mexico over the protests of ATF agents. Two of which ( AK47 variants ) were involved in the killing of a US BORTAC member.

This is just more of "I care more than you do" progressive liberal politics. Doesn't have to solve anything. Not required to solve anything. All about feel good intentions.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    This is just more of "I care more than you do" progressive liberal politics. Doesn't have to solve anything. Not required to solve anything. All about feel good intentions.
    Except it also has things in it to harm legit gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    This whole report came out because of the GRIT/ Fast and Furious investigation going on. Libs trying to do damage control for the DOJ which allowed BATFE to allow over 2000 AK47s, Barret .50cal rifle, FN handguns to be bought illegally and go to Mexico over the protests of ATF agents. Two of which ( AK47 variants ) were involved in the killing of a US BORTAC member.
    I agree and I stated the same on my intial post. It's been speculated that one of the weapons linked to "Fast and Furious" was linked to the murder of ICE Special Agent Jaime Zapata when he and his partner were ambushed on February 15, 2001 while driving from Monterey, Mexico and Mexico City. Neither agent was permited to be armed while on duty in Mexico. American law enforcement officers haven't been authorized to carry duty firearms in Mexico since 1990. Agent Jaime Zapata was assigned to the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City and was prohibited from carrying a gun. While disarmed, he was murdered during an ambush by cartel members who possibly used one of the “Fast and Furious” guns. In spite of this travesty the current administration doesn't support allowing federal agents to carry weapons while serving in Mexico. That's outrageous!

The president assured

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast