Some interesting numbers - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some interesting numbers

For all the Obama bashers here, I only have one question: if so many of you are in some sort of majority, where were all of you at the voting booths when the time to act arrived? No one gets to complain about anything if they have the right to vote and don't exercise it.

With all the bellyaching I've read and heard since 2008, I would expect to see 100% of the eligible voters at the polls at every election (presidential or otherwise). Hell, we have yet to see eligible voters actually register to vote! Let's run those numbers past and present and see what tale is told then...

I served my country (still have to ask why at times), I stand up for my Constitutional rights, and I make informed decisions at my polling place at every opportunity... and I'm not all that politically oriented. My only complaint is that more people don't exercise their civic duty as citizens of the USA.

Kerzhan I'm in full agreement. I vote every chance I get, there for I get to complain. God Bless America.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I definately voted and it wasn't for BHO!! I can complain all I want, and he gives us plenty to complain about!!Even the punch drunk hollywood elite are jumping ship.

I've read similar "articles" over the past 10 years or so. Some different names or attributions, I believe. More internet myth, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzhan View Post
    For all the Obama bashers here, I only have one question: if so many of you are in some sort of majority, where were all of you at the voting booths when the time to act arrived? No one gets to complain about anything if they have the right to vote and don't exercise it.

With all the bellyaching I've read and heard since 2008, I would expect to see 100% of the eligible voters at the polls at every election (presidential or otherwise). Hell, we have yet to see eligible voters actually register to vote! Let's run those numbers past and present and see what tale is told then...

I served my country (still have to ask why at times), I stand up for my Constitutional rights, and I make informed decisions at my polling place at every opportunity... and I'm not all that politically oriented. My only complaint is that more people don't exercise their civic duty as citizens of the USA.
    Good on ya, Kerzhan! I go one step further when people who don't vote complain about anything. (I've also found a LOT of people who claim to vote, actually do NOT! Much like the # of people who served in Vietnam or other CZ's actually have NOT) I ask anyone who has voted HOW MANY TIMES have they actually communicated (phone, letter, e-mail) with their elected officials over the years. Usually gets pretty quiet about then. I just try to remind people that a "representative government is NOT a spectator sport!" (Which is eminently evident by looking at our current Congress of elected "representatives!) Denny
    Last edited by dcselby1; 06-20-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: didn't finish post

7. The moochers continue to vote in the looters who in turn steel from the producers. I encourage everyone who is not politically informed NOT to vote it is not a right. The only reason this cheat, this fake got in the white house was because of the white quilt voter. When you disagree white a Black man you some how automatically considered a racist or an Obama Basher. Are informed decisions based on what is in it for me me me or what is best for the country? Why should tax payer funded programs like welfare Recipients be allowed to vote the same looters in that made them into moochers to begin with. Plane and simple, if you do not pay income tax you have no vote.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

I would also prefer the uninformed not vote but clearly they do

Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    I would also prefer the uninformed not vote but clearly they do
    It is a shame but they multiply too...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

why do you think BHO wants to give amnesty to illegals AND allow them to vote...Public assistance is at a record high, do you think that is a coincidence? People on welfare should be drug tested, and put to work doing community service work, ie cutting grass in parks picking up litter etc. Welfare system is corrupt, and rewards people for having children that they can't afford. There is no incentive to work. This is a black and white issue. Left wing and liberals feel that these people deserve welfare because they are a product of socieity, and they are not at fault for their situation. I call BS on that. Why get a job, when you will loose your assistance. I started working at age 16. doing a minimum wage job, and I also delivered papers, did odd jobs. because I wasn't LAZY and didn't feel ENTITLED.

These are some opinions from a Black man about BHO

Posted: April 19, 2011

by Mychal Massie

At a time when many Americans can barely afford Burger King and a movie, Obama boasts of spending a billion dollars on his re-election campaign. Questioned at a recent appearance about the spiraling fuel costs, Obama said, "Get used to it" – and with an insouciant grin and chortle, he told another person at the event, who complained about the effect high fuel prices were having on his family, to "get a more fuel-efficient car."
    The Obamas behave as if they were sharecroppers living in a trailer and hit the Powerball, but instead of getting new tires for their trailer and a new pickup truck, they moved to Washington. And instead of making possum pie, with goats and chickens in the front yard, they're spending and living large at taxpayer expense – opulent vacations, gala balls, resplendent dinners and exclusive command performances at the White House, grand date nights, golf, basketball, more golf, exclusive resorts and still more golf.

Expensive, ill-fitting and ill-chosen wigs and fashions hardly befit the first lady of the United States. The Obamas have behaved in every way but presidential – which is why it's so offensive when we hear Obama say, in order "to restore fiscal responsibility, we all need to share in the sacrifice – but we don't have to sacrifice the America we believe in."

The American people have been sacrificing; it is he and his family who are behaving as if they've never had two nickels to rub together – and now, having hit the mother lode, they're going to spend away their feelings of inadequacy at the taxpayers' expense.

Obama continues to exhibit behavior that, at best, can be described as mobocratic and, at worst, reveals a deeply damaged individual. In a February 2010 column, I asked, "Is Obama unraveling?" I wrote that it was beginning to appear the growing mistrust of him and contempt for his policies was beginning to have a destabilizing effect on him.

At that time, I wrote that not having things go one's way can be a bitter pill, but reasonable people don't behave as he was behaving. He had insulted Republicans at their luncheon, where he had been an invited guest. I had speculated that was, in part, what had led him to falsely accuse Supreme Court justices before Congress, the nation and the world, during the 2010 State of the Union address.

It appeared, at that time, as if he were "fraying around the emotional edges." That behavior has not abated – it has become more pronounced. While addressing the nation, after being forced to explain the validity of his unilateral aggression with Libya, America witnessed a petulant individual scowling and scolding the public for daring to insist he explain his actions.

But during an afternoon speech to address the budget/debt, he took his scornful, unstable despotic behavior to depths that should give the nation cause for concern. Displaying a dark psychopathy more representative of an episode of "The Tudors" television series, he invited Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., to sit in the front row during his speech and then proceeded to berate both Ryan and Ryan's budget-cutting plan. Even liberal Democrats were put off by the act. MSNBC's Joe Scarborough questioned the sanity of Obama's actions.

Today, criticism is coming from all sides. A senior Democrat lawmaker said, "I have been very disappointed in [Obama], to the point where I'm embarrassed that I endorsed him. It's so bad that some of us are thinking, is there some way we can replace him? How do you get rid of this guy?" ("Democrats' Disgust with Obama," The Daily Beast, April 15, 2011).

Steve McCann wrote: Obama's speech "was chock full of lies, deceit and crass fear-mongering. It must be said that [he] is the most dishonest, deceitful and mendacious person in a position of power I have ever witnessed" ("The Mendacity of Barack Obama," AmericanThinker.com, April 15, 2011).

McCann continued: "[His] performance was the culmination of four years of outright lies and narcissism that have been largely ignored by the media, including some in the conservative press and political class who are loath to call [him] what he is in the bluntest of terms: a liar and a fraud. That he relies on his skin color to intimidate, either outright or by insinuation [against] those who oppose his radical agenda only add to his audacity. It is apparent that he has gotten away with his character flaws his entire life, aided and abetted by sycophants around him. …"

With these being among the kinder rebukes being directed at Obama, and with people becoming less intimidated by his willingness to use race as a bludgeon, with falling poll numbers in every meaningful category and an increasingly aggressive tea-party opposition – how much longer before he cracks completely?

The coming months of political life are not going to be pleasant for Obama. Possessed by a self-perceived palatine mindset, that in his mind places him above criticism, how long before he cracks in public? Can America risk a man with a documented track record of lying and misrepresenting truth as a basic way of life, who is becoming increasingly more contumelious?

Mychal Massie is chairman of the National Leadership Network of Black Conservatives-Project 21 – a conservative black think tank located in Washington, D.C. He was recognized as the 2008 Conservative Man of the Year by the Conservative Party of Suffolk County , N.Y. He is a nationally recognized political activist, pundit and columnist. He has appeared on Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-SPAN, NBC, Comcast Cable and talk radio programming nationwide. A former self-employed business owner of more than 30 years, Massie can be followed at mychal-massie.com.

Lots of disillusioned people feel this way but don"t have the nerve to speak up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast