Hunting and politics (remember, thick skin) - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting and politics (remember, thick skin)

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    You're joking, right? I mean, you DO know what will happen if we lose things like pollinators?
    No I'm not joking. You know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm well aware of the pollinators, don't stretch it just for sake of argument.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

No, seriously, I don't know what you mean.

It SOUNDS like you mean anything on the planet could become extinct without having any effect on humans.

If that IS what you mean, I really hope you're right.

Ringo it's opinions like yours that give all hunters a bad name. You will be more help by keeping to yourself

Quote Originally Posted by dumb okie View Post
    Ringo it's opinions like yours that give all hunters a bad name. You will be more help by keeping to yourself
    Hey dumb okie, I'm not talking about hunting or killing off any species deliberately. I'm talking about those species that go "extinct" naturally. Wise up.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

I was raised in the hunting tradition, I still hunt, and I will continue to hunt. Don't care to change anyone's mind about it, but if you've never participated, don't knock it till you've given it a full-faith effort. Then, come back and tell me how "easy" it was and how you've seen the woods and fields littered with the bodies of dead critters, all laid waste by those nasty hunters, who shoot everything they see.

I can skin a buck, I can run a trotline...a country boy can survive. What are YOU gonna do when the supermarkets are empty?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    No, seriously, I don't know what you mean.

It SOUNDS like you mean anything on the planet could become extinct without having any effect on humans.

If that IS what you mean, I really hope you're right.
    You seem brighter than that localgirl. Like I said, not pollinators, I know that we need the bees. My statement is in reference to the ridiculous EPA restrictions on building, drilling, irrigation rights, etc. in order to protect certain insects, fish, birds, you name it, jeopardizing the quality of human life as a result. Common sense. If it is on the verge of extinction and has no effect on humans, it won't have any effect on humans if it continues to become extinct.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~

I want one of whatever he used to shoot the leopard 7 miles away from the safety of a jeep. Maybe 2 of em. Thats about a 12,000 yard shot.
    [

I have to admit that is one hell of a shot. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by dumb okie View Post
    I have to admit that is one hell of a shot. Haha
    I did NOT know I was allowed to own an intercontinental ballistic missile. This changes everything.

Icewind is unbelievable. I suspect he's just egging folks on.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast