Hunting and politics (remember, thick skin) - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: Hunting and politics (remember, thick skin)

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyorDeath:208364
    It isn't the hunters that are the problem. It is the poachers. Before you regulate hunting you need to stop all poaching.
    Absolutely right. The problem is that icewind thinks all hunters are poachers

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyorDeath View Post
    It isn't the hunters that are the problem. It is the poachers. Before you regulate hunting you need to stop all poaching.
    That's kinda like saying, "The problem with guns is bad guys using them in crimes."

    You are NEVER going to be able to stop crime!
    The best we can ever hope for is keeping the ability and RIGHT to protect ourselves and our own property.

  4. #43
    That's not how I interpreted that quote. Sounds to me like he said not to judge all hunters on the actions of a few poachers

  5. Ice,

    How about this thought.....We all recycle every day, separate the plastic from the glass etc. Her come Obama and his American loving wife going on joy rides and sucking down all the fuel...mean while Nancey Polocy has her own private jet flying back and forth to the Left Coast sucking down millions of fuel Al Gore lives in his 20,000 Square Foot energy sucking Mansion ......well I guess that counter acted all our good deeds. The point is.....we have bigger problems then a few dead Bambies!!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

  6. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Ice,

    How about this thought.....We all recycle every day, separate the plastic from the glass etc. Her come Obama and his American loving wife going on joy rides and sucking down all the fuel...mean while Nancey Polocy has her own private jet flying back and forth to the Left Coast sucking down millions of fuel Al Gore lives in his 20,000 Square Foot energy sucking Mansion ......well I guess that counter acted all our good deeds. The point is.....we have bigger problems then a few dead Bambies!!
    And that's fine. Everyone needs get behind something. I choose animals. Plenty of others to worry about the BS.

    Let me just clarify, I am from the most gun crazy state in the US with the most gun crazy people. Arizona. I love guns! I own Glock(s) I carry my G36. I love em. Im not some hippie pot smoker who votes for the left. I vote republican across the board and hate democrats as much as the next gun nut republican.

    It's just I think hunters are wiping out our eco system so fast with little to no regard that Washington must step in. With real 1st time offense jail time. No warnings, no slaps on the wrist, no BS.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Icewind View Post
    And that's fine. Everyone needs get behind something. I choose animals. Plenty of others to worry about the BS.

    Let me just clarify, I am from the most gun crazy state in the US with the most gun crazy people. ArizonTa. I love guns! I own Glock(s) I carry my G36. I love em. Im not some hippie pot smoker who votes for the left. I vote republican across the board and hate democrats as much as the next gun nut republican.

    It's just I think hunters are wiping out our eco system so fast with little to no regard that Washington must step in. With real 1st time offense jail time. No warnings, no slaps on the wrist, no BS.
    Sooner or later a lib will hang himself. Try not to piss yourself.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    I'm into this thread kinda late...

    OP, are you againts the daily slaughter of thousands of animals for our food suppy?

    If you're not, then your argument means nothing.

    IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I'm into this thread kinda late...

    OP, are you againts the daily slaughter of thousands of animals for our food suppy?

    If you're not, then your argument means nothing.

    IMO
    Gunner,

    The daily slaughter of animals is a necessity to our way of life here in the US and the way we eat. We need meat to live and be strong. Red meat, protein , and what not. It is a way to feed the masses. Cattle raised to be slaughtered so the nation can eat. Hiding behind we like to kill our food, it taste better, a country boy can survive, all just excuses for pulling a trigger. There are greater things at stake here like our eco system that out weigh some hunters urge to eat veal ("for survival"). Just go buy some rib eyes, cook it medium rare, and be happy.

    And still trapping must be stopped. That is just crazy. I'll try to refrain from my thoughts on that!! One topic at a time

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Icewind View Post
    Gunner,

    The daily slaughter of animals is a necessity to our way of life here in the US and the way we eat. We need meat to live and be strong. Red meat, protein , and what not. It is a way to feed the masses. Cattle raised to be slaughtered so the nation can eat. Hiding behind we like to kill our food, it taste better, a country boy can survive, all just excuses for pulling a trigger. There are greater things at stake here like our eco system that out weigh some hunters urge to eat veal ("for survival"). Just go buy some rib eyes, cook it medium rare, and be happy.

    And still trapping must be stopped. That is just crazy. I'll try to refrain from my thoughts on that!! One topic at a time
    So, it's okay to cut up millions of animals daily with machines but it's not okay to hunt an animal one at a time and then use that meat to feed your family?

    I agree though, far too many people abuse their right to hunt. They kill just to kill. I agree "that" must not happen.

    FYI: you don't need meat to get protein.

    Though many people abuse the right to hunt, the right should not be taken away from the one's who do it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  11. #50
    Right off, I don't hunt. Where I live I might have 6+ deer in my front yard every morning eating every damned thing. I let a few folks hunt the property through the 3 seasons-bow, black powder, rifle-they probably take out 6-12. Come spring, they're back. We have turkey, bobcat, coyote, and there are now confirmed sightings of black bear within a few miles of the house. All within 8 miles of town. There's no shortage of hunters here and yet fauna is thriving. Get a grip. Start a solar farm and fence it off. Oh wait. You can't do that. You'll block the migration pattern of the Mogollon Fern Toad. You'll never get a federal permit.
    As for the leopard, I call B.S. Show me the video.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast