Hunting and politics (remember, thick skin) - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hunting and politics (remember, thick skin)

1. Icewind,

Check this out for your self righteous mindset. Over 450,000 birds die each year because of wind turbines, birds flying into the blades and about 40,000 Bold eagle are amongst them. Check it out do some research. I am glad you have a purpose now.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

I would suppose the OP would be against this too.Hunters helping heroes
    Home Page
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Yea, I am. That is crazy. when I was in the military they had some fundraising for United Way, (mandatory voluntary) giving! Well poor me, I thought what better cause than "make a wish foundation". So I pledged. Big mistake

Then I heard about this! 1996 the MaWF let a kid shoot and kill a Kodiak Grizzly. That is just crazy!! I have never gave to them again. So many things wrong with this I won't even start!! I can feel my blood start to boil allready. I can't see why an adult (he was 19) at the end of his life want to take another life?

Same with the Heroes thing. They been overseas fighting and killing and now they want to hunt here?? Better things they could do with that money. Baseball tickets, concerts, help pay rent or getting food. maybe a car for someone with a bunch a kids. Im sorry, I just don't get it.

Washington needs to crack down on Alaska's almost non-existent hunting laws. Hunters sees a mother bear and 4 cubs. What he do? shoots and kills the whole lot. Sick people. Washington needs to save Alaska from its own people. That is where it needs to start and then work into the other states.

Quote Originally Posted by R&M View Post
    I want one of whatever he used to shoot the leopard 7 miles away from the safety of a jeep. Maybe 2 of em. Thats about a 12,000 yard shot.
    I'm placing my order too! I've shot a 303 out to 800 yards with 4 inch groups anything that can hit a 3 foot group out to 12,000yards I've gotta have. The .50 Barrett cover's 1500 yards with 4 inch groups with just a few rounds of practice. Did this firearm come out of Area 51?
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Icewind View Post
    And that's fine. Everyone needs get behind something. I choose animals. Plenty of others to worry about the BS.

Let me just clarify, I am from the most gun crazy state in the US with the most gun crazy people. Arizona. I love guns! I own Glock(s) I carry my G36. I love em. Im not some hippie pot smoker who votes for the left. I vote republican across the board and hate democrats as much as the next gun nut republican.

It's just I think hunters are wiping out our eco system so fast with little to no regard that Washington must step in. With real 1st time offense jail time. No warnings, no slaps on the wrist, no BS.
    In the day and age we live in that jails/prisons are overflowing to the point that we set loose murderers and rapists. I don't see them sending someone to jail just for hunting. This idea of only allowing people to hunt for 14 days in their life IS NUTS! Not everyone depends on the local supermarket to put food on the table. I do not hunt (Have never had a need to) but if I felt I needed to hunt to put food on the table I would not hesitate to do so. I support other peoples rights to support themselves and their families by hunting. I do not support the drunk redneck/college kid who think it's cool to go out and kill things for the hell of it and waste the meat. Once upon a time everything on the animal was used for clothing, food, bow strings, bladders used for water catins etc..

Hunting will always be a part of who we as HUMANS are! God gave us all the means to support ourselves, should we choose to do so. I see no differnce in buying the meat at a supermarket or killing it yourself. Slauter farms are far more inhumane and damaging on our enviroment, then killing it in the wild is.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icewind View Post
    Yea, I am. That is crazy. when I was in the military they had some fundraising for United Way, (mandatory voluntary) giving! Well poor me, I thought what better cause than "make a wish foundation". So I pledged. Big mistake

Then I heard about this! 1996 the MaWF let a kid shoot and kill a Kodiak Grizzly. That is just crazy!! I have never gave to them again. So many things wrong with this I won't even start!! I can feel my blood start to boil allready. I can't see why an adult (he was 19) at the end of his life want to take another life?

Same with the Heroes thing. They been overseas fighting and killing and now they want to hunt here?? Better things they could do with that money. Baseball tickets, concerts, help pay rent or getting food. maybe a car for someone with a bunch a kids. Im sorry, I just don't get it.

Washington needs to crack down on Alaska's almost non-existent hunting laws. Hunters sees a mother bear and 4 cubs. What he do? shoots and kills the whole lot. Sick people. Washington needs to save Alaska from its own people. That is where it needs to start and then work into the other states.
    Hunting and Alaska go hand and hand. Remote towns and villages do not have supermarkets, some places can only be resupplied by air or boats. What would you have them do starve, because the resupply could not make it to them? Alaska still gives away free land to people wanting it (in some towns). Alaska was the last state to end homestading (1986) it truly is the last frontier and as such hunting is a MUST if one is to survive, like it or not, good or bad, hunting will always be in Alaska!

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    I'm placing my order too! I've shot a 303 out to 800 yards with 4 inch groups anything that can hit a 3 foot group out to 12,000yards I've gotta have. The .50 Barrett cover's 1500 yards with 4 inch groups with just a few rounds of practice. Did this firearm come out of Area 51?
    Obama has a manufacturing facility that makes them in the 57th state of America.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Ringo, sound like a hit and run to me. Show me scientific proof that the earth is not millions of year old. I think maybe your timing is way out of whack.
    Young Age for the Moon and Earth
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

10. Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    That's kinda like saying, "The problem with guns is bad guys using them in crimes."

You are NEVER going to be able to stop crime!
    The best we can ever hope for is keeping the ability and RIGHT to protect ourselves and our own property.
    Well, kind of yeah. If criminals didn't use them then nobody would be trying to ban them. No we will never stop crime, same goes for poaching.

Quote Originally Posted by dumb okie View Post
    That's not how I interpreted that quote. Sounds to me like he said not to judge all hunters on the actions of a few poachers
    That's what I was meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I'm into this thread kinda late...

OP, are you againts the daily slaughter of thousands of animals for our food suppy?

If you're not, then your argument means nothing.

IMO
    That's OK because cows and chickens are ugly and smell so it's okay to kill them. If someone hunts their own food then that is deplorable because that isn't natural. You don't see bears, wolves, or cougars out hunting deer do you?

I think you misunderstood wooddoctor. He said SCIENTIFIC PROOF

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast