4 More Victims of the Unconstitutional Gun Control of New York - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 More Victims of the Unconstitutional Gun Control of New York

Vote with your FEET!

Move, that's the only option for New Yorkers living in those counties. One of the few counties in PA that loves NY gun laws is Monroe County, PA. There's a gun range in Tannersville that caters to New Yorkers and New Jersey residents by charging them gun rental fees upward of $8 for 7 rounds of 9mm.
    Pistols ~ Sunset Hills

Quote Originally Posted by TruckTurner68 View Post
    I woke up that morning to this story I must say that it ruined my day.
    I didn't read anything about any of the victims wanting to own a handgun for self protection and being denied the right to do so. Most business people who are interested in owning a firearm for protection but cannot qualify or are in waiting for a pistol permit would buy a shotgun in the interim for protection.

It appears they had no desire own a firearm, so how does the 2nd amendment get involved in this tragedy? Does the 2nd say "everyone must own and bear arms..."

The only person involved in this tragedy who wanted to own a firearm was the perpetrator, who was apparently exercising his "god given right" to own a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Move, that's the only option for New Yorkers living in those counties. One of the few counties in PA that loves NY gun laws is Monroe County, PA. There's a gun range in Tannersville that caters to New Yorkers and New Jersey residents by charging them gun rental fees upward of $8 for 7 rounds of 9mm.
    Pistols ~ Sunset Hills
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Here's the thing, IMHO voting with your feet is giving in to a theft of inherent liberty protected by the Constitution...
    When does it end? Somebody must start taking a stand before the liberal left coast connects with the liberal east coast...

Take a look at the 2008 Electoral Map ...
    RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

vote them out of office, hold rallys, marches, get picket signs....Vote
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Lost cause, New York is.

7. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I didn't read anything about any of the victims wanting to own a handgun for self protection and being denied the right to do so. Most business people who are interested in owning a firearm for protection but cannot qualify or are in waiting for a pistol permit would buy a shotgun in the interim for protection.

It appears they had no desire own a firearm, so how does the 2nd amendment get involved in this tragedy? Does the 2nd say "everyone must own and bear arms..."

The only person involved in this tragedy who wanted to own a firearm was the perpetrator, who was apparently exercising his "god given right" to own a handgun.
    REALLY? You interviewed everyone in the pharmacy that day? A valid question to ask would be, "How many people in that pharmacy had ever applied for a CCW or wanted to and didn't because of the hassles"?

Quote Originally Posted by OpenCarryYes View Post
    REALLY? You interviewed everyone in the pharmacy that day? A valid question to ask would be, "How many people in that pharmacy had ever applied for a CCW or wanted to and didn't because of the hassles"?
    The story has gotten a lot of media attention across the state, including articles that addressed firearm issues. But none that I have read or heard made any mention about the victims having any interest in owning or possessing a firearm. Thus, it is far more likely that none of them wanted to own a firearm.

Making up BS to turn the story into a 2nd amendment rally is why so many people don't view gun owners with much credibility. If we want to advance the rights of citizens to own guns we have to do so in an intelligent manner. Trying to use every tragedy to promote the 2nd is no different than the anti-gunners using every tragedy to promote gun control. For example, the La Toscana Village mall was not a gun free zone. In fact, the only person who drew his weapon in response to the shooting was focusing his attention on one of the people who was helping to bring the shooting to an end.

People who don't exercise their rights because of "the hassles" are not models for promoting the right to own firearms. Moreover, the store owner could have owned a self-protection shotgun if he had wanted to do so, assuming he was not otherwise disqualified for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Pistols ~ Sunset Hills
    Ricardo! You got my attention with your post. I don't work for Sunset Hills and have never been there. I will make a trip now that I know about it now. Thanks.
    You draw an amazing conclusion here. Not sure how what Sunset charges equates with Monroe co. loving NY gun laws?
    The "expensive" price you mention that this range charges is for a "try-a-gun" set up where you can go from one gun to another on the line. Yes it is expensive if you try too many guns but for a couple of guns, for some who have never shot at all or who want to shoot a particular gun it works. I think if you paid for range time and a gun rental you could buy your own box of ammo from them and it would be more cost effective.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

nogods>>> On the surface you have a point but you have to look a little deeper. Something I am doing better in my old age.
    The insidiousness of the anti 2A is at work here. Before anyone considers that the roadblocks put up by gun control laws stopped anyone from going through the arduous process of trying to get a permit in the PRNY consider this.
    So many have been "brainwashed" out there that they have no clue about the Second Amendment and what it really means to them.
    I think for many they just never consider a gun for self protection because the believe they just can't get one. Therefor they don't even consider a shotgun, which is a great suggestion. So you have adults that have been "brainwashed and you have our youth that don't ever consider it (make that law abiding youth) because they never ever hear a discussion of gun ownership or the 2A except in the media which pushes that the 2A is antiquated thinking.
    Foe those that are instructors please do more to introduce responsible gun ownership and what the 2A truly represents or they, our youth will never consider that being able to protect themselves is a "Natural RIGHT"
    The later part of your follow up post makes good sense.>>> Making up BS to turn the story into a 2nd amendment rally is why so many people don't view gun owners with much credibility. If we want to advance the rights of citizens to own guns we have to do so in an intelligent manner. Trying to use every tragedy to promote the 2nd is no different than the anti-gunners using every tragedy to promote gun control. For example, the La Toscana Village mall was not a gun free zone. In fact, the only person who drew his weapon in response to the shooting was focusing his attention on one of the people who was helping to bring the shooting to an end.

People who don't exercise their rights because of "the hassles" are not models for promoting the right to own firearms. Moreover, the store owner could have owned a self-protection shotgun if he had wanted to do so, assuming he was not otherwise disqualified for some reason.
    That anti-gun "brainwashing" by those NY politicians seems to have totally removed even the thought of gun ownership!
    BTW add Peter King to the anti-gun left thinking politicians...... no real Republican would propose what he did after the Tuscon incident.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Here's the thing, IMHO voting with your feet is giving in to a theft of inherent liberty protected by the Constitution...
    When does it end? Somebody must start taking a stand before the liberal left coast connects with the liberal east coast...

Take a look at the 2008 Electoral Map ...
    RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT
    Agreed 100%...however, what do you do when the moocher out number the producers??? It's a shame that innocent civilians are the victim instead of the politicians that make these Bills.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast